my new babies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the two desk fans i have in there are only circulating air around. There is a good breeze in there when i open the door. Basically Ya mean i need to add another exhaust fan mayb that would help. Idk what kind of fan should i use. Like i said my closet is not that big to add a bigger fan. As for the ac hoes thanks for letting me know that. I will move it right away. I just bought a 400 watt hps light system of ebay for 87 dollars. Also i bought fox farm big bloom, tiger bloom, and fox farm grow big. Are those the right selection. again thank you

Lookin good Glaucoma!

I think those deskfans are fine, just dont have them blowing directly on your plants, have it bounce off the wall first.
@THG I think you were talkin about the PC fans right? Well i gotta admit I use em as well, but i got em doubled up.. they work fine 'for me'. I have kinda the same setup, and use for my scrubber.

I will say that your exhaust needs a re-do.. Use the same parts but you want a 'pull' not push.
-Flip it to where the fan is outside the door, pulling air from the box.
-cut big squares in the 4 sides of that box, leaving corners and sides for stability.
-then wrap the box(covering the holes) with a carbon filtering material.
**They sell a sheet of replacement carbon for Hepa filters at home depot (10$, look for a box), just cut to size.

This will also help to create a vacuum, and you really wont need an intake as passive intake will takeover. this way you can just aim the A/C air toward a hole in the door.

**Also, do you see light around your door when its shut?

Glaucoma said:
Well the two desk fans i have in there are only circulating air around. There is a good breeze in there when i open the door. Basically Ya mean i need to add another exhaust fan mayb that would help. Idk what kind of fan should i use. Like i said my closet is not that big to add a bigger fan. As for the ac hoes thanks for letting me know that. I will move it right away. I just bought a 400 watt hps light system of ebay for 87 dollars. Also i bought fox farm big bloom, tiger bloom, and fox farm grow big. Are those the right selection. again thank you
sounds good:) Yeah SMP is right. Yu need to move the fan to the top of the door where the air is coming out of the room so that yu are pulling hot air out. Also, like I said, if yu can make yer holes bigger (4") and get a 6" computer fan to mount up like the other fan is so that yu get a little more volume. When yu put that HPS in the room, yer heat will jump up, and yu will need to make sure yu can get it out so that it doesn't hurt the girls:)

Really not tryn to step on anyone's toes, just want to make it clear what i was sayin.
your scrubber looks to be in the right spot already. And when i say exhaust or scrubber im talking about the same thing.
I use 4" pc fans setup back to back, connected to my scrubber.

SmokeMyPiece said:
Lookin good Glaucoma!

I think those deskfans are fine, just dont have them blowing directly on your plants, have it bounce off the wall first.
@THG I think you were talkin about the PC fans right? Well i gotta admit I use em as well, but i got em doubled up.. they work fine 'for me'. I have kinda the same setup, and use for my scrubber.

I will say that your exhaust needs a re-do.. Use the same parts but you want a 'pull' not push.
-Flip it to where the fan is outside the door, pulling air from the box.
-cut big squares in the 4 sides of that box, leaving corners and sides for stability.
-then wrap the box(covering the holes) with a carbon filtering material.
**They sell a sheet of replacement carbon for Hepa filters at home depot (10$, look for a box), just cut to size.

This will also help to create a vacuum, and you really wont need an intake as passive intake will takeover. this way you can just aim the A/C air toward a hole in the door.

**Also, do you see light around your door when its shut?
No light when i shut the door

well i made the box so that no light seeks out.

Just wondering why are my plants is stretching and no leafs in between?

100_6940.JPG

100_6939.JPG

I would say that it is simply because the CFL lights are not that efficient at delivering enough lumens to the plants. Remember that the CFL is producing a total lumen output over the length of the coiled tube, so the photons of light(lumens) are being dispersed in all directions(including inward within the coil) so there are far fewer lumens reaching out toward a given plant than what the total bulb emits. That is why you have to have so many bulbs surrounding a plant. Also the light from CFL loses its energy quickly as its distance lengthens, so any light that is emitted away from the plant and then reflected back to the plant is greatly dimenished of energy that the plant needs. That is why HPS is so much better than anything else, because it produces such energized light that even when it travels extra distance and loses some of its energy, it still has sufficient energy to give to the plant. While the T5HO bulb is more efficient than the CFL(because it emits higher lumens per watt, and it is linear rather than coiled), The T5 still loses energy over distance and has to be placed close to the plants, and emits light that is not as energy packed as that of HPS. With CFLs the only way to stop the stretch is with more bulbs. Stretch is the plants' way of telling you,"we need more light energy"

I must say your plants look happy. I personally would top them at this point. (unless you intend to do LST or ScrOG) It will slow down the upward growth, and it will encourage multiple cola development.:hubba:

After letting my babies grow for a while i found out which ones were the girls and which ones where the boys. Good thing only one was a male and i removed him away from the girls asap. My ladies are happy together upstairs indoor. My male i planted him outside and its doing good. i thought with all this rain it will die but no its doing good. Here are the new pics of my stinky sexy girls. Also I've been growing them all this time with the same light bulbs I talked about in the beginning of this post. I have no HPS lights and they are growing wonderfully. Let me know what ya think. Thank You. Sorry my camera sucks big time. It doesn't focus right. I do have one question. How do i drop the hummidity down to 45% from 80%. Take a look at the last pic. I wrote "If i cut it here can I clone the top and still grow the bottom out"? Thanks

weed 001.JPG

weed 002.JPG

weed 003.JPG

weed 004.JPG

weed 005.JPG

weed 006.JPG

weed 007.JPG

weed first-1.jpg

Hey; sorry to take so long to respond from the last talk. Was out of town for a few days working. You can top your plants and then use the tops as cuttings for clones. However, this is a bit more of a challenge as the tops of the plants have a lot of growth hormone which induces leaf growth, rather than root growth. It will take some time for the cutting to revert its hormones over to produce roots(rooting gel or cloning gel helps).

It will take considerably longer to get the tops to root and your chances of failure are higher. But it can be done and is done all the time. You will want to take the cutting so that you have enough to plant the stem so that a node(with the leaves removed) is at the bottom of the cutting, and get some cloning gel to put on it before planting it. As for the lower plant, it will do just fine, and it will bush up more after topping it.

As for your lights, You are fine to use CFL for starting out, and for vegging, and even for flowering if you have to. But because the CFL lights don't throw enough light energy at the plant, you will have to greatly increase the amount of bulbs you are using as the plant grows and demands more energy. Once in flower, she will need at least 5000lumens of red/orenge spectrum light to produce maximum bud growth.

Your plants look well but are very stretched out just now. This is most likely because of the inefficiency of the CFL bulbs. If you want to top them to make clones, that is ok but if you want to greatly increase your plant's ability to produce a lot of buds and get many good clones, you will need to make them bush out. You can do this through topping as that encourages the lower limbs to grow and creates 2 top colas, while also slowing verticle growth.

I would suggest that, rather than topping now, you tie the top of the plant and gently bend it over some and increase the bend every other day until it is nearly horizontal. leave it tied(loosely to prevent strangling) and let it restablish new side growth. once the top of the plant turns up and starts its vertical growth, you could top it then, which would twin the meristem.

You can continue to tie it and then tie its branches over to create a very bushy plant from which you can take as many cuttings as you like for clones. :) I usually take cuttings about 1-2weeks before placing the plants into flower.

Controlling the humidity can be a challenge depending on your environment. I grow inside a dedicated room that is both vented to remove heat and replace CO2, and I have a dehumidifier that I use to maintain 55-65% all the time. You shouldn't allow your room to stay above 75%RH for anything other than clones. Maintaining the humidity will be a matter of maintaining your local grow environment. :)

I did a couple cfl only grows and I also got better results lst/tying them down like the previous poster says

Latest posts

Back