My new led grow...first ever

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Having the filter on the floor draws the coolest air from the bottom of the tent and leaves the hottest up @ the top.

Depending on your temps it may be ok but keep an eye on them.
Canopy air temps from 72-80F will be GREAT, you can push into mid 80's but I don't... >90F = issues, you NEED to change something.

Circulation fan setup and intake will effect your overall temps too.

---

Those LED wattage # sound like draw wattage (correct?) so 600w+
I would go no closer than 12" and defiantly consider going up to 15-18" off the top, especially early on.

It's debatable if you even need to run both fixtures while your in veg but obviously you'll want BOTH for Flower.

Consider dulling the bottom of the tent.
I read about plants getting confused with light coming from below the leafs.

I don't use a tent but I bet someone with one could confirm/deny

---

Probably nothing you didn't know/think about already but things I noticed.

GrEEn MojO for the GrOw
:48:

Having the filter on the floor draws the coolest air from the bottom of the tent and leaves the hottest up @ the top.

Depending on your temps it may be ok but keep an eye on them.
Canopy air temps from 72-80F will be GREAT, you can push into mid 80's but I don't... >90F = issues, you NEED to change something.

Circulation fan setup and intake will effect your overall temps too.

---

Those LED wattage # sound like draw wattage (correct?) so 600w+
I would go no closer than 12" and defiantly consider going up to 15-18" off the top, especially early on.

It's debatable if you even need to run both fixtures while your in veg but obviously you'll want BOTH for Flower.

Consider dulling the bottom of the tent.
I read about plants getting confused with light coming from below the leafs.

I don't use a tent but I bet someone with one could confirm/deny

---

Probably nothing you didn't know/think about already but things I noticed.

GrEEn MojO for the GrOw

No I forget exact draw power..one is 240..other is 140 I think...temps r not r mid 70s..closed tent 80...at night been getting down to..40s keeping floers at 68 night...tent highest hss been wad 88...

Im also dealing with white flies.. used ultimate wash. .used 2 times n. Almost all gone. Any advice on getting rid of them?bomb? Its doctor doom totall fogger..should use ? Waiy till see if all c flies die?sexond application was last night. .about to go look at them

You need to move your light up to at least 14". Would it make more sense to turn the lights the other way? And do you have a veg mode? Or is it just for flower? I would put them on veg and veg longer before flowering. But that is just me.

You need saucers under those plants so they can be watered well and take up the rest.

Green mojo to you.

You need to move your light up to at least 14". Would it make more sense to turn the lights the other way? And do you have a veg mode? Or is it just for flower? I would put them on veg and veg longer before flowering. But that is just me.

You need saucers under those plants so they can be watered well and take up the rest.

Green mojo to you.

I changed to 12 inch.....thec360 is red blues no veg switch..with bridgelux led..other is platinum led with does have veg bloom switch at 300 ...but the babies r loving the 11 spectrum I got going on.

If your lights are designed for flower, or even if they are full spectrum and you are in veg, get your lights up to 36" or Three feet, not 10 inches, not 18" not 2 feet, 3 full feet.

If they are a reflector type of led, or zero lens with an open array of LED's a little closer than 2 feet can be achieved in Flower, but in veg there is WAY too much red and your plants are going to burn and get stunted.

If you are using a LED fixture, and your plants are not fried or at least showing major deficiencies, your lights will not flower a plant to the fullest as it is way under powered.

One of those fixtures in plenty of light to veg, so turn one off. If one has a veg switch like a few do now, use it only and kill the red.

My lights are at 3 feet above and this is what my plants look like.
View attachment veg.jpg

I am using 110 watts over a 2x2 area with each fixture set to full spectrum. These were at 3 weeks from seed.

If your lights are designed for flower, or even if they are full spectrum and you are in veg, get your lights up to 36" or Three feet, not 10 inches, not 18" not 2 feet, 3 full feet.

If they are a reflector type of led, or zero lens with an open array of LED's a little closer than 2 feet can be achieved in Flower, but in veg there is WAY too much red and your plants are going to burn and get
If you are using a LED fixture, and your plants are not fried or at least showing major deficiencies, your lights will not flower a plant to the fullest as it is way under powered.

One of those fixtures in plenty of light to veg, so turn one off. If one has a veg switch like a few do now, use it only and kill the red.

My lights are at 3 feet above and this is what my plants look like.
View attachment 220861

I am using 110 watts over a 2x2 area with each fixture set to full spectrum. These were at 3 weeks from seed.

Thx so much going to do it now...

thank you PJ !

I knew I was "close" to right (close enough to offer some advice) but not close enough I guess.

Thanks for setting me (us) straight!

....my plants r taller inless than 14 hours of that height to 3 feet..thx pf u that man......anything else from you? Advice..im trying to get your prunnning methof for led....could I scrog me led??

Dont know bro thats how they dowload my phone, is there a function on here I can move image around? ..Tech

See they r all strait on my phone..but thx. .dont know...green mojo to you. .tech

But you may have had it upside down when sending pix, I had same issue with snapping pix with iPhone and loading pix from my iPad, I had to reorientate them on my ipad

posting from a Mac or any phone... lol that's the problem

PC or DIE!

Latest posts

Back