My new Magical Butter machine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am in Washington and I have to go to Oregon to get it. It is the best for rso, i think.

Good luck Sherrwood, maybe a near by state?

I have used cheap 151 rum for tincture. tasted like cheap rum. lol

I still can not find everclear, I've asked my buddy who owns a restaurant to ask his supplier, which said he can't get it.
Any suggestions in Maine?

Everclear has 2 bottlings, one 191, and one at 151.

I guess I'll try the Rum and use extra bud, I hope is doesn't taste cheap, but as long as it's effective.........thanks.....

Sherrwood, get the bacardi, the tincture I made from that last year was great. This cheap rum is something mr rb picked up. Plus, it depends on the taste of the pot. This was a cbd and it didn't taste that great.

Thanks Rosebud, I'll do just that. I'll post results once done and tried.

Here's a tip for anyone making Tincture using vegetable glycerin.
The 90 micron bag supplied with the machine takes WAY too long to strain, I just made another batch and used a 120 micron bag instead, it took 1/3 the time to strain, or less.

I used 40 ozs of vegetable glycerin and 2 ozs. Of bud on an 8 hour cycle.

Hey just wanted to let everyone about my experience with Magical Butter customer service.

On my first attempt to use the MB2 I decided to try and make a tincture I followed the tincture recipe found on page 8 of the enclosed owners manual. I used 28 grams of decarb'd trim, 2 cups of 190 proof Everclear, selected the 160 degree F button and decided to go for an 8 hour run per the instructions. Needless to say sometime after 6 hours running the MB2 overheated and ruined the machine.

So really this was a rookie mistake on my part, if I would have used the 4 hour run instead of the 8 none of this would have happened. I resigned myself to the fact that I would have to pay for the repair and or a new unit. But after speaking with Magical Butter's customer service they said they would send me a new unit free of charge, paid for shipping both ways and all. My new unit will be here this week.

I think when we have a great experience with a company we should let folks know about it. I'm very satisfied with the way they handled my situation and without a doubt if anyone is considering purchasing a MB2 know that it's a company that stands by their products.

On another note, anyone thinking of doing a 8 hour run for tincture make sure you use enough liquid to fill to the max line inside the unit. Customer Service said we can expect a revision to the tincture recipe, you know for knuckleheads like me.

Peace

I also have contacted them and they were great. I used the 8 hour and didn't burn up the machine, but i could have.

I am so glad you have a brand new machine October, that is awesome news. Good customer service. wonderful.

I also have contacted them and they were great. I used the 8 hour and didn't burn up the machine, but i could have.

I am so glad you have a brand new machine October, that is awesome news. Good customer service. wonderful.

I'm sure if I would have filled the Everclear to the max line I would have been fine running an 8 hour tincture. How strong was your 8 hour tincture in taste and effect?

The cbd tincture tastes horrible but works. I take a whole dropper full and turn to jello.

The other 8 hour tincture i turned into RSO. I don't like the taste of the tincture, but my gf uses it for tea and likes it. Umbra thought adding honey might help the taste.. But i have a sneaky suspicion that maybe all high cbd's don't taste so great.

I just did an 8 hour tincture run 2 weeks ago, I have been letting the alcohol evap off like you did rose.

So is there concern in using the 8 hour run? I've run my machine 8 times now, used all settings and only the 160f temp, so far no issues

I'm loving this thing and am happy to hear that they stand behind the product as long as not purchased outside their website.

We tend to handle things really rough at amazon, so I can see why they wouldn't honor a warranty from them lol.

I had mine filled to just above the min line and ran for 8 hours. I did notice it spit stuff out of the cap that dripped down the side. But, other than that, it seemed to run OK.

My mix was 1 ounce of hash to about 2.5 cups of Everclear (151) and 2 ounces gets me a pretty good buzz.

It definitely taste like poo poo but I used grapefruit juice and it hid the taste real well. I am going to try some other mixes to see if any one mix will neutralized the burn a little. I am thinking a cream drink like Kahlua or Amaretto next try.

I just did an 8 hour tincture run 2 weeks ago, I have been letting the alcohol evap off like you did rose.

So is there concern in using the 8 hour run? I've run my machine 8 times now, used all settings and only the 160f temp, so far no issues

I'm loving this thing and am happy to hear that they stand behind the product as long as not purchased outside their website.

We tend to handle things really rough at amazon, so I can see why they wouldn't honor a warranty from them lol.

I used 2 cups of everclear and about 2oz of trim. The liquid if I recall correctly was a little above the min line. I ran an 8 hour run, after about 5 or 6 hours I went out to my shop to work on a project. When I came back in the house the MB2 had overheated by that point and had quit working. I opened it up and there was literally no fluids left just dust and the strongest odor you could imagine. Although I followed the enclosed instructions I should have known to fill to the max line instead of the min.

So I'm curious to know from y'all that have made the 8 hour tincture run, how much liquid did you use?

One things for sure, Magical Butter customer service did me right.

I just poured until the mixture was in the middle of the two lines, i don't know how much that was, sorry.

So I'm curious to know from y'all that have made the 8 hour tincture run, how much liquid did you use?

I put in 2 cups and it was right at the MIN line. There was just a little more int he bottle so I tossed it in. Maybe a 1/2 cup more. So, I only had about 2 cups and I ran the 8 hour cycle.

I'll be doing it again soon so, I'll let you know if I have a problem.

I used 2 cups of everclear and about 2oz of trim. The liquid if I recall correctly was a little above the min line. I ran an 8 hour run, after about 5 or 6 hours I went out to my shop to work on a project. When I came back in the house the MB2 had overheated by that point and had quit working. I opened it up and there was literally no fluids left just dust and the strongest odor you could imagine. Although I followed the enclosed instructions I should have known to fill to the max line instead of the min.

One things for sure, Magical Butter customer service did me right.

For mine I took a half gallon mason jar, packed it with buds and hash, till I thought the jar was going to break, then I poured in a full big bottle, not the 750ml but the Costco sized bottle. I let that sit in a dark place for a month, shaking it daily.

I then filled the machine with all the alcohol, and as much trim as I could get in, till I was an inch over the MAX line, then I let her rip outside for the 8 hours.
Strained it off, let it sit for 2weeks in a covered but vented anchor hocking casserole dish, it's awaiting the next steps of freezing it and removing the plant waxes, then boiling it down to RSO
Please don't do tinctures indoors, if there's a water heater in your shop, your at huge risk, just saying.

Just found this thread. I've been thinking of getting one of these and am glad to see the positive reviews. Has anyone made butter just using sugar trim? i hate wasting good bud on edibles when i've got bags full of trim.

i am going to do that next week for a girl friend. I will let you know. All my shake has popcorn buds in it too though. MBM customer service is awesome. I can't recommend them enough.

Latest posts

Back