My new room.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am new to the forum so I want to first say hello! I am somewhat new to growing although I have already harvested my first crop and I gotta say, turned out great! I have since built a new grow room and wanted to seek out some general feedback. So I wanted to show everyone what I had going on. I wanted to get the best bang for my buck and I wouldn't mind some opinions. The grow room frame is built with 1"x2" planks and the Mylar siding is actually foam insulation with Mylar coating. The whole thing cost under $100 minus lighting. Inside I have 2x 300 watt Apollo horticulture led full spectrum lamps. It gets a little warm but I am able to manage it with fans. The room is right at 8 feet by 4 feet. I use Fox's farm soil and nutes. I have some bag seed plants growing in there now but am about to put 10 heavy duty fruity clones inside. Anyone wanna take a shot and yield prediction? Lol any feedback would be nice. Here is a link to see the grow area better,Flower and veg room.: http://youtu.be/KMYFfOBH8ig

View attachment 20140810_201105.jpg

View attachment 20140813_134456.jpg

View attachment 20140813_134521.jpg

View attachment 20140813_134542.jpg

You should have an intake and exhaust system to flush old air and provide new.

I love doing DIY projects--your building skills look great.

Like Hackerman mentioned, it is critical to have some kind of ventilation. Your plants need fresh air all the time the lights are on for proper photosynthesis. I like to exchange the air in my spaced at least once a minute.

You are also really underlit for an 8 x 4' space.

Green Mojo for your grow!

I was wondering about that. I was thinking that I need to double my lighting at least. I do have a few fans to help with cooling but I think I need to get a real one if I get more lighting.

I was wondering about that. I was thinking that I need to double my lighting at least. I do have a few fans to help with cooling but I think I need to get a real one if I get more lighting.

what they are talking about is some intakes down low to the floor, and a exhaust up high to move fresh air through the box from the outside to the inside and out again. in one picture it looks like you have a hole up towards the top of your box, but i couldn't tell what it was for. your like myself in having to much space to not enough light ratio. if you have some of that board left you could close it in some till you got more lights.

I'm not sure on this one but I have read that the floors should not be reflective. It seems totally logical to me that it would be a good idea but I definitely remember reading more than one article about reflective flooring.

Maybe someone else will comment on that.

I'm not sure on this one but I have read that the floors should not be reflective. It seems totally logical to me that it would be a good idea but I definitely remember reading more than one article about reflective flooring.

Maybe someone else will comment on that.

Yeah I have also read and heard about that. I believe it is causes what they call "competitive stretching". Basically the light being reflected up under the leaves makes the plant think it has a competitor plant. As if the light was being reflected back up off the shiny green leaves of another plant close by that might be competing for light and nutrients. I don't know if I buy that though. My Larry OG gets nice and glossy leaf wise when I feed her heavy and wouldn't the light from those leaves cause the same thing and the plants would always be stretching? How would a plant know if the light being reflected was off another plant or its very own leaves? Just my opinion and what I have heard.

Am I the only one worried that he uploaded this to a Youtube account under his actual name?

Just two weeks ago there was someone caught on this site due to poor internet traffic regulation.

Am I the only one worried that he uploaded this to a Youtube account under his actual name?

Just two weeks ago there was someone caught on this site due to poor internet traffic regulation.

Pretty sure he is from WA which just legalized so he doesn't really care. I would be more worried about thieves than LEO if I were in one of the 2 legal States in America. jmo

Oh and who got busted as a result of THIS site? As far as I know it's No one. Almost everybody who gets busted does so because of loose lips, nosy neighbors or stealing electric. The only way a website comes into play is once you get busted they start snooping through your computer records. Telling someone you grow is probably the biggest way most get busted. Tell No One really is the Golden Rule for people growing in Hostile to MJ States.

My wife and I both have our cards and are within our legal limit.

You will have to forgive Track. I believe he is not in the US. In his defense we always push for keeping your true identity secret. Most of us are not lucky to be living in a State that is light years ahead of the rest. Welcome to MP.

You will have to forgive Track. I believe he is not in the US. In his defense we always push for keeping your true identity secret. Most of us are not lucky to be living in a State that is light years ahead of the rest. Welcome to MP.

Forgive me for what? I was merely being cautious. I didn't realize that was an offense..

The fact that I don't currently live in the US has nothing to do with it. I simply didn't think it logical to assume that the OP lives in the 5% of the US where uploading a Youtube video wouldn't get you arrested within a week.

And to the OP, I'm very happy that you're upfront about your growing. I wish I could be. But.. I would still be more careful if I were you. After all, you're still breaking federal law.

Am I being too cautious? Perhaps, but is that really a bad thing in our line of work?

P.S. I don't know how the fellow in question got caught. All he said was 'internet traffic'. That's why it worried me, because it wasn't him telling his co-workers or friends - it was a site just like this one. Whether it was actually this one maybe we'll never know.

EDIT: I can see that the OP added his location to his profile. I must have missed it. Sorry about that.

Nothing wrong with caution :) I appreciate all feedback! I'm actually about to go pick up some duct, fans, and 2 hoods. Anyone have grow equipment that they want to trade for a jagermeister machine?

Nothing wrong with caution :) I appreciate all feedback! I'm actually about to go pick up some duct, fans, and 2 hoods. Anyone have grow equipment that they want to trade for a jagermeister machine?

Well, the whole idea of marijuana is to get high without putting alcohol in your body.. so that would kind of defeat the point :)

I got a bunch of stuff I don't know, if you happen to be visiting Israel. It's very exciting with the war and all. Let me know.

I want to add that I did get 2 duct fans included with the hoods. One is exhausting through the hoods and the other is bringing fresh air in.

Yes they are. I realize they don't put out much heat or light. The cooling was needed for the LED panels, they put out more heat than ya might think. It is 77 degrees in the room right now. Nice balance. I just threw cfl's in the hoods because I figured it would be a waste if I didn't use them!

Forgive me for what? I was merely being cautious. I didn't realize that was an offense..

The fact that I don't currently live in the US has nothing to do with it. I simply didn't think it logical to assume that the OP lives in the 5% of the US where uploading a Youtube video wouldn't get you arrested within a week.

If you had bothered to look, it says:

I didn't just pick WA out of the air. You don't smoke Cannabis but maybe you should give it a try. You seem way to high strung and way too defensive.

Latest posts

Back