My new room.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you had bothered to look, it says:

I didn't just pick WA out of the air. You don't smoke Cannabis but maybe you should give it a try. You seem way to high strung and way too defensive.

I seem defensive?

I edited my post just to say that I noticed his location and was wrong, then we continued discussing the OP, and you return to reply about something that was already forgotten about and then call me defensive and make judgements about my lifestyle choice..

I honestly expected better from a hamster.

They're really big cfl's though :-D

Yeah, but the cool thing about CFL's is that they're very cool :)

I had four 135w CFLs in a 0.3M2 box and with just a small PC extraction fan the temps went back down to ambient.

Though, I do admit that they're not as good as HPS or MH. That's why I only use them for cloning now.

Actually, lumen for lumen, CFLs run hotter than HPS--it is a common misconception that CFLs are cheaper or less money.

Well I'm sure the 65 watt cfl's won't impact the energy bill as much. The primary light source is LED anyway. They are really only in there because I am using the hoods for cooling and I wanted to use them for supplemental lighting.

Hey Jones here is my take on your operation seems you went all the way to build out of wood a room then went to placing matts in between now i find it kinda weird why you just didn't just get mylar and make a a sealed room other then the vents for there is a ton of light being leaked out and this means that costs are up yields are down
So my advice for you is buy some mylar and get it done flower room and Veg room
then you won't need to worry about anything
secondly is take your clones and move them up slowly rather then planting into big pots you will see much faster growth for instance look at this pic in 4x4x4 high milk carton and size of plant this clone was 3 " when planted into it carton .... plants in pic 5 to 14 days old and ready for transplant stupid fast growth
i place my girls at a angle prior to transpant into LST pot under 96 watts of sunblasters at 3 week mark of growth they get transplanted into 5 gallon for 2 weeks at 5th week 34 gallon then flip
When planting clones into to big of pot i have found plants tend to grow really slow with little to no actual plant growth but rather root growth and being honest you want both actual plant and roots to grow to proportion last pic going on 4th week and flipping into flower soon for my 13 - 16 oz per plant
Niw obviously your not going to see that fast of growth i switch from sunblasters 2ns week to hordilux super blue 2000 watts worth @ 250 bucks a bulb

View attachment picture243p.jpg

View attachment picture287a.jpg

View attachment picture445ic.jpg

View attachment picture446e.jpg

View attachment picture547.jpg

View attachment IMG_0861.jpg

View attachment Day36 SuperBlue.jpg

I will keep that in mind about the clones! Thanks for the tip. As far as the room goes, all the insulation is Mylar covered, I actually just came out of the room double checking for light leaks and it's nearly pitch black minus a small single LED from the a.c. unit which I covered. Not sure what you mean about doing it another way. I have seen the rolls for sale but I guess I'm not sure how it would be any better unless I could find it in a 6 ft tall roll. Maybe it does come in that size? Haven't seen it but I may look around. I've been growing for all of 3 months and my income is tight right now so I have been getting started on quite the budget.

I see what you are saying now, the back side of my room in the video did have a lot of light leaking, I did end up getting that sealed up.

Good read. I appreciate it. I have a plan of action now. None of the plants are showing any signs of poor health so I think I caught this early enough. I appreciate it.

I want to add a little something here about You Tube videos with your real name in them. Even if you live in a state that is legal, it is not a good idea. You are opening yourself up for a home invasion and theft. It is a good idea to keep your grows stealth, regardless of where you live. I for one would love to see you take that off You Tube...

Looking good Jones, one suggestion. I would get a heavy duty outdoor timer, I have had the type you are using get hot and melt on me.

If you get 2 600 watt ballasts and bulbs you should have pretty good coverage for that space. Around $400 i'd guess. with good lighting and proper techniques that space could yield 2-3 pounds. do you have a seperate veg space?

I do have a separate veg space. And I will be making my YouTube channel a bit more discreet :). I am just going to have save up for the additional lights....unless some one wants to trade me some for the jagermeister tap machine I have on craigslist ;)

Latest posts

Back