My Noob Setup so far. Am I doing ok ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

omnigr33n

I'm a damn monkey.
Reaction score
This is my first setup. I think Im doing ok for my first. Ill be adding more mylar as the plants get taller. I also put up some pics of my lil babies. It is the 24th day since germination. Any Opinions? Suggestions? Anything to help me get the best out of my first grow? I will be getting a 400W HPS lighting system as well.

Damn that mylar reflects. My walls are a bit off white, but I see now that is no way as close to reflecting light as well as this mylar does (halloween trick or treat bags ;)). Well, any kind of advice or commentary would be appreciated. Thanks for your time.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Everything is looking good so far but i don't see a fan in there. Also i would add a bit more dirt to those pots to cover up some of the lower stem. The fan will also help strengthen the stems so they will be able to hold those buds when it comes time.

Oh ok great..thanks Bro. I have a fan running in the background. I was also considering adding more dirt and now I will. Im also buying 2 more Cfls tonight. Sucks that I have to spend a $100 on a HPS lighting system but you gotta do what you gotta do. Man, you are really helpful. I really appreciate your time through all of this. Are you Canadian?

Oh and also I have another question. When should I start misting to foliage feed? When is the best time?

Believe it or not, just plain white is better than mylar. I know this doesn't seem logical but it is a fact. Mylar creates hot spots while plain white distributes the light better. Mylar's fine though so I wouldn't go changing anything. The difference I would think is trivial. Good luck and nice first grow!

TGT

Tom 'Green' Thumb said:
Believe it or not, just plain white is better than mylar. I know this doesn't seem logical but it is a fact. Mylar creates hot spots while plain white distributes the light better. Mylar's fine though so I wouldn't go changing anything. The difference I would think is trivial. Good luck and nice first grow!

TGT

Thanks man. :D

Also, the mylar will get dirty and when you try to clean it. It wont. Just gets worse. Your better off just using the white walls and having a more sanitary room right off the bat.

This will be especially handy for cleaning and it makes it easier to defend against insects. Leaves less places for em to hide and it's easier to get after em.

-

Capt. Zigzag said:
Also, the mylar will get dirty and when you try to clean it. It wont. Just gets worse. Your better off just using the white walls and having a more sanitary room right off the bat.

This will be especially handy for cleaning and it makes it easier to defend against insects. Leaves less places for em to hide and it's easier to get after em.

-

If you take a look at the pictures you can see the shade of white that it is. Its not perfectly white but rather a little off white. I put up the mylar because of that, but if you think it doesnt matter I can just as easily take it off.

If you can't paint it flat white then you might leave the mylar. Just remember, when it (the mylar) gets cloudy, and it will, it's light reflection properties fail considerably.

-

Capt. Zigzag said:
If you can't paint it flat white then you might leave the mylar. Just remember, when it (the mylar) gets cloudy, and it will, it's light reflection properties fail considerably.

-

You got me thinking twice about the whole mylar set-up. Its become more of a pain than anything else. Im going to take off the side mylar and leave the rest on the cieling alone. I went to home depot to look for the dome reflectors, but I couldnt find shat. I just added 2 more cfls and its getting pretty hot in there.Also the mylar keeps coming off because of the fan. So all im doing I feel like is adding more scotch tape. bah...

Latest posts

Back