My Old Fart Grow 2012

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcbud

Reaction score
We will be presenting a nice variety this year. For your enjoyment:

Cherry AK 47 (brought back from last year)
Snow Cap (developed in Humboldt County)Humboldt
Old Time Moonshine (developed by DJ Short)
Purple Diesel (cant be tcbud grow without a purple)
87 Northern Lights (to be called NL#1)
Northern Lights #5 (to be called NL#5)

This year we name the Grow after the better half, the husband, my Old Fart. He will be around until the end of July at a minimum this summer due to surgery on the shoulder.

We have been busy this winter and this spring. Before his surgery he (the above said Old Fart) put the garden together and it is now ready for planting. We got the Mother Clones back in March. We put them under our T5's and they flowered and reveged. I cant seem to touch a clone without it flowering and reveging. Those mothers grew up nicely until we cloned on April 16. Then the half of the clones were rooted well and put into soil April 30. We made a few more and will be checking on the older rooted clones as the next week goes by.

I am excited about this year. Having the husband here will be a taste of the future when he retires in a year or two. This may be retirement now but I am in denial. :

I have not been around much this last winter so some of you may not know me and others may wonder where I have been. My hip has gotten so bad I just don't sit here at the computer as long as I have in the past. I will keep this journal faithfully posting weekly pictures and as soon as I get flowers in August, I promise to enter some in the BPOM. Shout out to Irish for a great BPOM for this month :hubba: .

1. Clones into soil March 6.
2. Clones now mothers.
3. After cloning. I show this pic to note the NL#1 in the foreground for Nv. Such a small plant we did not clone her.
4. Clones are ready to get into soil April 30.
5. Nice roots.

I hope you all comment when you like and enjoy my journal as much as I enjoy growing my girls. Thank you ahead of time for all the comments and interest. Let's get growing!

1 clones received.jpg

2 clones now mothers.jpg

3 clones from mothers.jpg

4 ready clones to soil.jpg

5 nice roots.jpg

:ciao: woohoo tcbud can i come watch? Here's to a successful OD this year...that'll be cool when mr. tcbud can be round all the time...

there's always honeydo's to do...lol...

:peace:,

7ge:)

OH BOY!! tc and old fart are back!!! This looks good. I am glad your OD gardens are all ready. The new folks here are in for a treat.

I am with you about retirement denial. Lets stay there a while longer.

Nice to see you all! Welcome and let the Outdoor Season bess all of you!

:).. great to see a 'couple' old farts puttering around the garden.;)

:ciao: TC! I was hoping to hear from you soon and it is good to hear indeed! Green Mojo, and great strains! Cant wait to see how this goes. YAY! :)

Drfting pulls up his recliner.

Really like that EZClone. Really sad that they don't sell that here in Europe.

Looking great.

Nice grow yual tendin too pilgrem mind if i stump while by yur fire.

BWD

Be here watching your incredible show again:)

A show I never getting tired of watching:)

Hick said:
.. great to see a 'couple' old farts puttering around the garden.

Awww come on now Hick. We all know you are a 24 year-old computer whiz. That is a consultant at that place dug in the mountain, making over 750k a year. And well tcbud owns the Hooters restaurant in town, from the money she invested with Bill Gates when he was still working out of his garage. And Warren Buffett calls her for advice. That's what we hear:holysheep:
:rolleyes:

Old person myself
I think I will tag along for your grow

Put the clones out today in a shady/sunny spot in the yard. Will hope to be planting them outside on Mother's Day. We have more in the cloner, some will be potted tomorrow, the rest in ten more days or so.

I neglected to give some basics of my grow. For those who are new viewers to my outdoor.

We garden in 45 gallon Smart Pots mostly. Will be running four or five fifteen gallon nursery plastic pots too. My water is a good PH overall. I will be using the Microhazie stuff, or my cheesy as I call it. A quarter cup at the bottom of the root ball when transplanted and some worked in the soil around it. We will be using the Fox Farm Grow Big this year and the Age Old Bloom flowering Nutes. Then at the finish, the Fox Farms Open Sesame and Tiger Bloom. That is the info I forgot to mention in the first post.

Also, we are located in the mountains in Northern California, at about 2,000 feet. Can get over 100f during summer heat waves with high nineties as a normal day temp. Then 50f's overnight. Our average last frost is May 31 and average first frost in fall is September 31. Fall rain is our biggest enemy. We cover the garden when rain threatens or frost.

I may have more plants in the line up coming.

Have a great week end all.

Mothers Day has come and gone.

We planted out the clones on Saturday evening.

8 AK 47, adding one today, to total 9.
2 NL #5
2 Purple Diesel
4 Old Time Moonshine, not "over the" as I had wrote above and changed.

They are all transistioning well. We had them outside hardening off for the week prior.

We have learned the rest of the garden is going to include 1 DJ Short Pre 2K Blueberry (the below BPOY pic is of DJ Short Blueberry I ran 3 years ago). Also included will be another Colorado Blueberry strain, an Urkel (I ran this last year and put 4 in one pot, I liked the smoke and rock hard buds). Then there will be an Albert Walker, who ever or what ever he/she is. I have heard good things on AW somewhere if I remember correctly. Chime in if anyone can direct me to a journal or pic of that strain.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Below find:

1. Clone NL#5
2. Clones to be planted.
3. Clone Purple Diesel
4. Clone AK 47
5. Clone Old Time Moonshine
6. Clones planted and an overall view of veg garden. We will expand by 5 feet as they get larger.
7. Momma AK 47
8. Momma 87 NL
9. Momma NL #5
10.Momma line up, Snow Cap, Purple Diesel, Old Time Moonshine, AK 47 fore to back. Those empty pots will contain the 4 incoming plants.

:D :D

clones 1.jpg

clone NL #5.jpg

clone Purple Diesel.jpg

clone OTMoonshine.jpg

clone AK 47.jpg

clones planted.jpg

Momma AK 47.jpg

Momma 87 NL.jpg

Momma NL#5.jpg

Momma line up.jpg

looks to have a few more pots out this year

you and Hubby enjoy the summer..and mojo for the Grow

:48:

Lookin real good tc looks like you have your hands full this summer unless you make the hubby do all the work lol:p

Before the Eclipse My Old Fart set up the tripod in the garden. I shot these pics of the Momma's at 5 weeks in flower. Since flowering plants are more fun to watch compared to clones, I will be showing them for a few posts. :D

1. 87 NorthernLights, note the same curly leaves as last year. We will be trying to reveg her as we did not clone her.
2. Purple Diesel, this is one of the two tallest momma's.
3. AK 47
4. Momma Line up.
5. Eclipse

The eclipse was pretty cool. We got a pretty good buzz on while waiting for it to go total. We had a welding hood glass over the lens. Though you cant see the corona on the sun, you can see the moon in the reflection off to the right.

NL 1.jpg

Purple Diesel.jpg

AK 47.jpg

eclips.jpg

Mom Line.jpg

Latest posts

Back