My Order came, Thank God...... or UPS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrOysterhead

Mr Oysterhead
Reaction score
well my order came today , it happen just how i wanted to , been waiting all week for this, i woke up , and not 10min later UPS is kocking on my door , i was vegging w/ two 4 ft fluro bulbs , , using rockwool growing medium , and not much ferts, until the past week , but now its all setip up ill , put some pics up soon here in a little bit when i get my place cleaned up , my order was a Switchable 400watt HPS & MH ballast / reflector, 3 pack qrts, of FoxFarm organic nutes, Grow Big, Big Bloom , and Tiger Bloom, a digital pH pen , ten 2 gallon pots , 60 liters of hyrdoton clay rocks to fill the pots, and a free heavy duty timer.... i have 6 plants gowing , for the most part there healthy , but i need to get some pH down and up , becuz the water im using is like 7.2-4

:chuck::guitar:

the set up.jpg

nutes.jpg

6ps1.jpg

6ps 2.jpg

should my 400watt MH be closer to the plants, its like 17 inches away from top of plant

run it for like houer or so then put your hend there if will get hot after few minutes rais it but i dont think i t will :)

If unvented I would be careful. One way to tell is put your hand at the level of your canopy. Have the light hitting the back of your hand. Is it comfortable? Do you feel burning? If so too close.

Vented I usually let it get within 15 inches but I'm ok with two feet. You could do fine even lower. At 15 inches a 1000w HPS is 188% the intensity of the sun and a MH 171%.

Well your set up is looking good and on its way.IMHO you made a very good choice on the TRI pack Fox Farm.I do have a question for you.Did you get a feeding chart with the Tri pack?Well i will just put it on the bottom of this and also a chart that was passed on to me that i will pass on to you for your light.Hope to see more pics after you get it up and running.Good luck on your grow!!!!:farm:

a simple solution to light elevation-

assuming ventilation is at least adequate-

grab a thermometer and place it withing range of the maximum current plant height.

lower your lights gradually.

the temperature will obviously rise as the light lowers.

calculate the temperature range that will be optimal for your genetics and current growth cycle.

"while the mediocre mind wrestles with complexities, the genius quietly contemplates the obvious"

-a einstein (approximately)
stop lowering the lights when the upper to middle end of your previously calculated temperature spectrum is attained. if this is not enough light, add more ventilation and lower the lights commensurately with the temperature. if this is still not enough light, you should view it as a valuable learning experience and start over.

I would like to add that overcomplicating minutia is the greatest threat to a novice grower.

yeah I got a free lighter/ bottle opener , two ove them it was sweet

Latest posts

Back