My Roommate Almost Killed My Plant!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BudMan101

Reaction score
I know PH can make or break your nutrient solution, which is why i need help right away!!!
I had my roommate water my plant while i was away and i told him my plant need to be balanced out, he went ahead and mixed regular spring water with lime juice and then went ahead and poured it on. I come home, 70% of the leaves on my plant fell off and browned. There is still time to save it if i just balance out the Ph in time, question is what do i need to give it to lower the Ph? I know the alkalinity is very high right now since of all the lime juice, what household product has a large precent of phosporesic acid? What should i mix in with the water to lower the pH? please help!!

???????????????

Lime juice is acidic, not alkaline.

Why not JUST spring water for the plant? Flush the crap out.

At least till you figure out what is acidic and alkaline. Save the lime juice for gin&tonic, not your plant.

Wet

Like Wetdog said, lime juice is acidic and as such, will lower your pH, not raise it. Unless the mixture was incredibly acidic, I don't think this is the reason for your problems. I have had my res go down to 4.0 in hydro before without causing harm to my plants.

We need to know way more about your grow to be able to help you. How old are the plants? What kind of medium are they planted in? Do you know the pH of the water they got fed? What lights are they under? How many hours a day? What are your temps? What is your RH? Are you giving them any nutrients? Have you checked the pH of the runoff? Etc, etc, etc.

I have seen a plant die so quickly after being fed just 1/2 liter of pepsi... I think you need to flush out all the acids, balance you ph and pray, good luck

^??? Why was the plant given Pepsi?^

...all I wanted was a pepsi, and she wouldn't give it to me...

zem said:
I have seen a plant die so quickly after being fed just 1/2 liter of pepsi... I think you need to flush out all the acids, balance you ph and pray, good luck

LOL--that's weird. About a month ago, I had a 12 oz can of Coke sitting in the dirt in one of my pots when I was working in the closet--this was so I wouldn't accidently hit it and spill it. However, I did just that. I didn't notice when I did it and the can was about 3/4 full. I didn't have any problems with that plant because of spilling the Coke in it.

Zem said:
I have seen a plant die so quickly after being fed just 1/2 liter of pepsi.

THG said:
I didn't have any problems with that plant because of spilling the Coke in it.

Does this mean Coke is better then Pepsi?:confused2:

:rofl:

WELL I always said I'd take the Pepsi challenge with that scuffed Amsterdam poo but that's redickerous! :rofl:

p.s. High-fructose corn syrup is horrible for your body so It's probably not the best for your plants...lol...:peace:

drfting07 said:
^??? Why was the plant given Pepsi?^
LOL it was back when I was a kid, and it was not marijuana, it was a small tree in a building entrance I was not the most angelic of kids, I really don't know why I fed it my pepsi, but in couple days, I remember that it was dry and brittle

zem said:
LOL it was back when I was a kid, and it was not marijuana, it was a small tree in a building entrance I was not the most angelic of kids, I really don't know why I fed it my pepsi, but in couple days, I remember that it was dry and brittle

LOL--shoot when we are kids we don't need reasons for doing things. Maybe it just got warm and you didn't want to drink it.

Latest posts

Back