My second attempt at OD in 30 years. Currently strawberry cough, strawberry daiquiri, krytox, zombie kush,and Bruce Banner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now the weather is starting to be an issue. Colder and wetter conditions are ideal for bud rot. All the stuff that you never worry about in an indoor garden:D

2b2s

Woo-Who! I bet you're watching those gals a little closer now. Last year everything was just awesome...... Until just before it was time to whack. Hopefully you don't have the weather issues we had last year. But it is the state we're in..... Ya may want to figure out some sort of cover for them in inclement weather. Idk. I'm like you... very green at OD growing. Right now I'm green with envy! A lot of the state's dope economy depends on OD herb. Hopefully you'll be able to fund that indoor show you want. Then you'll be off to the rodeo. Best of luck.

Hey josey, so far pm has not reared its ugly head. With all the wet weather I find myself shaking the plants in the morning and then subjecting them to my leaf blower to prevent bud rot from getting my girls. If I do get pm I'll probably just treat with copper sulfate. Keeping fingers crossed, also worried about a few finishing in time. Frost is probable here about Oct 4th:D

2b2s

Last edited:
ugh..... 2b2s, are you kidding? Isn't copper sulphate poisonous to us? Idk if I'd spray with any of that.

Hey alabaster,
Bordeaux mixture (also called Bordo Mix) is a mixture of copper(II) sulphate (CuSO 4) and slaked lime (Ca() 2) used as a fungicide.It is used in vineyards, fruit-farms and gardens to prevent infestations of downy mildew, powdery mildew and other fungi.
Given the above information I assumed that it would be safe. If I were in veg I would use Sovran for pm. But that is all academic because I don't have pm:D

2b2s

Academia eh? So you're a maniac with a hi IQ? S'alright with me.
Explain "slaked lime" please. Or are you just a maniac? Copper Sulphate causes neurological problems in mammals.

Last edited:
Here is the skinny on slaked lime:
Calcium hydroxide
Calcium hydroxide is an inorganic compound with the chemical formula Ca₂. It is a colorless crystal or white powder and is produced when quicklime is mixed, or slaked with water. It has many names including hydrated lime, caustic lime, builders' lime, slack lime, cal, or pickling lime. Calcium hydroxide is used in many applications, including food preparation, where it has been identified as E number E526. Limewater is the common name for a saturated solution of calcium hydroxide.
Hope that clears things up:D

2b2s

I'd avoid
Hey alabaster,
Bordeaux mixture (also called Bordo Mix) is a mixture of copper(II) sulphate (CuSO 4) and slaked lime (Ca() 2) used as a fungicide.It is used in vineyards, fruit-farms and gardens to prevent infestations of downy mildew, powdery mildew and other fungi.
Given the above information I assumed that it would be safe. If I were in veg I would use Sovran for pm. But that is all academic because I don't have pm:D

2b2s

I'd avoid as Copper Sulfate as it falls in the heavy metal and accumulates in the soil. Cannabis and Hemp being a hyperaccumulator will pull excess toxins right out of the soil and into the plant. Old orchards pose a similar problem with arsenic. In the case of Grapes and Fruit farms they have the ability to thoroughly wash the plants after the harvest. Cannabis not so much. Recommend for advice on safe organic alternatives go to Whiterivergrowpro.com, or other knowledgeable sites.

Just some quick pix to update this thread. There is a chance of frost tonight so I will be covering these girls until the frost warning is over:D

20200917_121542.jpg
20200917_121548.jpg
20200917_121613.jpg
20200917_121624.jpg
20200917_121812.jpg
20200917_121818.jpg
20200917_121823.jpg

2b2s

Hey big, I would be less worried about snow than frost. Both are possible here in the next few weeks, but the weather talking head says we are in for slightly above average temps for next couple weeks:D

2b2s

Such beautiful plants on this forum. I live on the coast of Northern California, and we always have issues at the end of the season because it starts getting really damp in the air and big, fat flowers can mold. It is heartbreaking. Today I woke up to rain so I cut the girls who only needed about 3 or 4 days. I left the ones that have a month (maybe less) I grew up around this and starting in 2017 I've had my 6 plants per person grows but I'm still learning. I am here today because I am wondering if I need to do anything special while drying the ones I chopped today and what I should do to the ones I left growing. I included a photo that I took about 1 week ago.
20200912_143222.jpg

Hey Kimp, welcome to mp.
I'm from Michigan so no idea what to tell you about your current grow/harvest needs. You can start a thread and peeps that are familiar with the problems common to your area could chime in and steer you in the right direction:D

2b2s

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back