My side project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AZshwagg

Reaction score
This is my plant that I transplanted from outside, Mutt advised me on the dangers of pests if i kept it in my grow box so I put it into quarantine(spell check ). I had extra space so I put it in the colset with a fan, It's all skinny as u can tell, hope it get stronger with that air gonig thru! What do u guy's and gal's think?

2005_04081stage0003.JPG

2005_04081stage0002.JPG

2005_04081stage0001.JPG

reason for the light is because it streched out too much before trying to get to the sun from my window seal. Now, i'm try'n to keep the light close to let it catch up, with air moving thru the stem will get more stabilized. Or should I back up with the light.

Heres a recent pic of it with "Grow Big" it made a difference.

2005_04111stage0003.JPG

WoW Az', What is that medium?..looks like arizona desert sand..:p

Dude, I had no choice but to keep it in that medium which is desert sand soil slash clay. I might transplant to a bigger pot with good soil around it. It was kinda shocking that the mj could survive in that, Thats why I felt compeled to save her, ha ha!
Hick said:

Hick said:

Thats that new hydro medium. hahahahhaa. Sorry just pickin on ya AZ.
That plant is growin on water. you need to get that into some good dirt soon.

Yeah, it's the new hydro, Ha Ha Ha! Mutt I want to put in regular soil, should I just transplant into a normal container with soil around the sand? Or should i try to remove the sand a bit and then transplant it into a new container?
Mutt said:
Thats that new hydro medium. hahahahhaa. Sorry just pickin on ya AZ.
That plant is growin on water. you need to get that into some good dirt soon.

well I would try to get some of the sand off of it, but if its packed and the roots are attached then transplant the whole thing. Just don't tear any roots. hell I would cut the cup off and gently tap the sand off what ever is left over just put it in with it.

Well you could try to dunk the roots in a bowl of water a few times, this has always worked for me when transfering soil grown plants into a soiless mixture, but you kids may be still to young for this method.

By leaving the sand it will also give you very nice drainage right around that young stem, as sand does not hold water the same way as regular soil does, so if it is too young for the dunking, this could be an added benefit of the sand.

I transplanted today hopefully it don't die on me. Heres a pic of new pot.

2005_04131stage0018.JPG

Thanks man, if you want to, you can look at updated pic's on my grow journal called "AZshwaggs first grow".

Latest posts

Back