my sprouts are curling!!! help!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dank154

Reaction score
i planted my sprouts but theyre curling and im afraid theyre not going to grow up straight. is this something to be concerned about? is there anything i can do to straighten them out? i dont want to pull out the roots by pulling on the stem to straighten it.but i dont want to lose my babies. please help!!!

Um,,, are the leaves curling or are they falling over ? If they are falling over just tie them to some twigs or some popcicle sticks with some yarn or string. Just be carefull. If the leaves are curling, check the Ph and adjust it if needed. It could also be caused by to little air to the roots. Do you have perlite or soemthing ot airate your soil with ? Maybe a picture ?

dank154 said:
i planted my sprouts but theyre curling and im afraid theyre not going to grow up straight. is this something to be concerned about? is there anything i can do to straighten them out? i dont want to pull out the roots by pulling on the stem to straighten it.but i dont want to lose my babies. please help!!!
Soma, of soma seeds uses a piece of small gauge wire to stake them. he sticks it in next to the plant then carefully winds it around the stem. sounds like not enough light if the stems are that weak. dunno grow outdoors so the sun makes avery sturdy stem. If you're in soil, you can mound it up to the stem a ways. this will also encourage root development from them.easy on the nitro, it will cause the stem to rot right in front of you.Good luck Rzb

Latest posts

Back