My Super Lemon Haze/Crazy Ms Hyde grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MJ20

Super Sativa
Reaction score
Hey guys n gals,
I have one fem plant growing in a cupboard of mine, not sure what strain it is, either SLH or CMH.Currently about 1.5 weeks since her leaves opened out.What do you guys think?I fertilized her today after seeing the leaves turn a light green colour.I'm growing in 100% yard gravel, 400W HPS by night, 2x20w fluro & 2x13W cfl by day, 24 hrs vegetative cycle.

100_7390.JPG

100_7391.JPG

100_7394.JPG

100_7395.JPG

100_7396.JPG

COOL....lets git r' done. :aok: I'm pullin up my beanbag chair and lighting a j o jack47. Greenest of mojo to you and yer special ladies'.

One quick ? Why are you switichin those lights on/off for?

You may consider droppin that light as close as possible for it to get all it's goodness (aka lumens and whatnot)...

more then likey you could turn on that hps up there and lower that as well(or raise it)...use your hand as an indicator and lower it (or raise the plant) to where it won't burn the back of your hand and place the plant at that level...

And to strengthen the stem you should have a small fan lightly oscillating across it...it looks like it'll break but it won't...

:peace:

7ge:)

Thanks 7GE :) Can't wait for the last part of git r' done lol I can definitely drop the light a little lower but don't wanna burn.I really shudve taken a side profile pic, the fluros are pretty close.

Nice start.:)

I don't understand changing the lights back and forth. When small I would just run the cfl's then switch to the 400. Looks like you need to
get those cfl's closer like an inch or so to reduce stretch. May also want to think about adding more soil to your container to help support your plant.

What nutes are you using?

Do you guys think the primary leaves turning yellow is a bad thing?..

During the day im not home and it's way hotter (ambient) and not light proof.In case anyone does come in my room the noise and light is @ a minimum.I run the HPS with the 2 exhaust fans at night,recently added a 3rd and seeing good gains.I don't use any of the exhaust fans during the day when the fluros are on. The 3 exhaust fans are doing a good enough job of keeping it cool but it's just a risk I prefer not to take during the day.

I really wanna try n put that HPS a little closer but im thinking that's as close as I can get right now..im sure that with the 3rd fan i installed tuesday I cud drop it a bit lower.I cooked 3 of these lil guys a month ago when I didnt have my heat issues settled :(

I'm currently using a general fertilizer with copper and TE added, watered down.A mix of salts and liquids...I should really mix something new high in N and git'r' done properly..i just don't wanna waste that huge 5L 10,0000+ppm mix, was using it on some tomatoes before the heat killed em all :S I jus water it down to how I want it for whatever plant im feeding, I have some other plants besides mj growing also :)

Will relocate my fan!

You really should get a reflector/shade for your HPS also, a lot of lumens are gonna be wasted lighting the upper portion of the room with nothing in it.

Also definitely move the lights closer, that stretch is pretty severe. You 100% need to do this.

adding fans into your room isn't going to help put the light any closer unless you're blowing it straight at the space between the canopy and lights. Get an a/c hood and properly ventilate it, rather than just having ducting run towards the space the bulb is sitting in. The hood will take away a LARGE portion of heat to begin with, then having your exhaust hooked to it will suck the rest of the heated air right out of the room.

I see a few potential problems....First of all, do not feed them anything yet. The plant has enough stored energy for a couple of weeks. Feeding it at this age will most likely kill it. If you use a 10,000+ ppm on any marijuana plant at any stage in its life, you are going to kill it--it will not take nutes like that. If you fed that to your babies before, THAT was what killed them, not the heat from the light. Don't just feed it any old thing. I am not sure what you are talking about when you say a mixture of salts and liquids, but that doesn't sound good. If you want to "git'r'done properly", get some nutrients formulated for mj--there are tons of good ones out there for not that much money.

I also do not believe that your yard gravel is going to be a good medium. It does not really look like a good medium--looks dense without good drainage. Look at some of the soil recipes and make up something that is good for your plant. I also believe that you should start at least 3 seeds.

I also believe that 66 watts of cfl and fluoro light is not going to be nearly enough light, even when they are small. You are getting a lot of stretch already and it is only going to get worse. You are wasting a huge amount of light by not having a reflector on your lights. You are also wasting a huge amount of light by not having a reflective enclosure sized to your actual grow area. Your lights are always going to disburse light throughout the entire space they have. What exactly are you using for exhaust fans? Two decent fans should be more than adequate to keep a 400W cool enough. What are your temps running?

I make the 10k+ppm mix then pour it into a other container where I than dilute it with regular water, so if I filled a 500ml pepsi bottle with 100ml of mixed fertiliser, then added 400mls of water, I effectively have a ~2,500ppm mix.Not saying this is the mix im using right now but as you said, over fertilizer will kill. So im not actually giving it 10,000ppm right now...im diluting it at about 1:10 right now.

Gravel/shap sand has been used as a hydroponic medium.I've successfully grown tomatoes in this medium.Water actually flows pretty well through it..too well almost.This 1 SLH/CMH seed is all I have left :(

I did a DYI reflector if you look carefully but it has no side panels to it which I need to fix.The pic makes it out to look like there's no reflector but it's there just kinda small/work in progress..will try to modify it so it's more "enclosure like"..can't really afford a legit hood at the moment :S

Reflective enclosure sized ot the grow area..do you mean something like a "ceiling" just above the light?So that it relfects the light that excapes going to the top?

I have 1 stationary fan (circulating air), 2x120MM AC Exhaust fans,1x 90MM PC Exhaust fan.I don't have a temperature guage so I can't be 100 percent sure..but im at about 95 on a cool evening on the exhaust port with the 400HPS on..with just the fluros the temps are under 90.When I didn't have the 3rd exhaust fan installed i'd say it was pretty cool 2 feet from the HPS bulb.

Gotta lotta work to do this weekend after starting this thread..listening and learning!!

So it's back to the drawing board, my plant died this morning :( I've ordered some Super Lemon Haze, Vanilla Kush, and Tangerine Dream.Hope those ladies work out.Will be starting a new grow soon

that looks to be sand to me.. lol..
yes water will flow through but also it will retain alot of water..
i work in a sandblasting n painting shop.. and our yard stays SOAKED after it rains.. and takes days of heat to dry up...

ive never seen nor heard of sand being used in hydro systems.. but thats just me lol..

as for the nutes .. i have a few HEAVY feeders... bubba comes straight to mind .... from clone it takes full strength nutes... at around 1400ppm..
ive gone as high as 1900 ppm with it.. thats as high as she took b4 harvest..

2500ppm is alot i mean alot... and for a seedling thats about 2400-2450 ppms too much lol....

and i would use your 400 for veg instead of the cfl and flours..
unless you spent the coin on t5s then veg with them... u will love em....

if you want good drainage.. then put some hydronton in the bottom of the pt or gravel not sand.. and add perlite to the soil mix.. you will have a great draining soil ..

them muffin fan also are crap... nice to bring in air.. or move air around but for cooling not so good.. i would go out n pick up a 200+ cfm inline..
hxxp://www.plantlightinghydroponics.com/
check this site out man.. it was passed onto me from a grower on MP....
it ships all over and very very cheap prices.. as of right now the cheapest ive found yet....

i ordered a few things a bit ago.. was here in a wk.. and im in canada..

and if you look hard enough i bet you could pick up a inline filter combo...
or a inline reflecto filter combo...

hope this helps...
any Qs just ask away man...
LH

It's not yard sand, it's sharp sand :)

MJ20 said:
I make the 10k+ppm mix then pour it into a other container where I than dilute it with regular water, so if I filled a 500ml pepsi bottle with 100ml of mixed fertiliser, then added 400mls of water, I effectively have a ~2,500ppm mix.Not saying this is the mix im using right now but as you said, over fertilizer will kill. So im not actually giving it 10,000ppm right now...im diluting it at about 1:10 right now.

Gravel/shap sand has been used as a hydroponic medium.I've successfully grown tomatoes in this medium.Water actually flows pretty well through it..too well almost.This 1 SLH/CMH seed is all I have left :(

I did a DYI reflector if you look carefully but it has no side panels to it which I need to fix.The pic makes it out to look like there's no reflector but it's there just kinda small/work in progress..will try to modify it so it's more "enclosure like"..can't really afford a legit hood at the moment :S

Reflective enclosure sized ot the grow area..do you mean something like a "ceiling" just above the light?So that it relfects the light that excapes going to the top?

I have 1 stationary fan (circulating air), 2x120MM AC Exhaust fans,1x 90MM PC Exhaust fan.I don't have a temperature guage so I can't be 100 percent sure..but im at about 95 on a cool evening on the exhaust port with the 400HPS on..with just the fluros the temps are under 90.When I didn't have the 3rd exhaust fan installed i'd say it was pretty cool 2 feet from the HPS bulb.

Gotta lotta work to do this weekend after starting this thread..listening and learning!!

These are my suggestions:

Number 1: Get some decent nutrients. Do not make up a 10K+ mixture of ????? and try to dilute it down. Even 1000 ppm is going to be way to much for seedlings and smaller plants.

Number2: Get some better fans as Lefthand mentioned.

Number 3: I would recommend hydrotron. I personally have never seen a DWC done in sand....and pot is not tomatoes. Although you will hear that growing tomatoes and marijuana is very similar, after 30+ years of growing marijuana, I do not really believe that this is true.

Time has gotten away from me--I'm off to pilates--I'll check back. We want to make the best from those new seeds you have coming.

My seeds should be here any minute now in the post.Gonna go back @ it as soon as they arrive.Fans will be upgraded in time to come,im gonna work on the shde this week as its not being used.My budget is so tight right now.I guess young mj isn't one of those things that feeds heavy :(Trust me i'm very certain I can pull this off in the gravel I have.If not then, hey, we learn something new everyday :)
I'm also going to try a DWC, quite contrary as I've never had success with wet/DWC before.All my legal plant stuff have come from dry hydro such as rockwool,coco,gravel.Will update as soon I have me seeds..eager and waiting

Interesting but one thing for sure i will be tagging along:icon_smile:

If you're starting out, newbish-style, I'd stick to simple.

Get some MG seed starter mix. Get Some foxfarms Ocean forest. Get FFgrowbig and FFbigbloom.

Germinate seed and place in MG seed starter for first two weeks of life (NO NUTES YET), xplant to FFOF after a good root structure has grown (after 2wk mark, and you can begin at 1/4 strength nutes around this time). Get your ventilation down and you should be golden.

Once you've mastered growing and blooming then you should to move onto some sort of hydro, just my experience and opinion.

Your seed lineup sounds tastey as heck tho, can't wait for you to restart, it's definately a passion once you get bit :)

Latest posts

Back