My town and COVID-19

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This whole "what THEY want you to think" bunk is getting tiresome. I think there's actually a site specifically for that and it begins with a q. Like, who is "they"? Are we getting into that stupid deep state B s again? Noooooo stahhhp. Shoo, shoo!

What we have here is a phenomenon fully explainable by science, if one may care to listen to the scientists. Or you know, read the lengthy, wordy, and peer-reviewed articles that epidemiologists have been writing since pathogens were first discovered- way before the time of our current cultural or political conditions - so many gave their lives, succumbing to the very pathogens they were trying to understand. That sacrifice must not be in vain .

Our response to it must not ignore centuries of research. Our leaders must set an example that involves listening to the advice of a bunch of frazzled, sleep deprived guys n gals in lab coats and ugly orthopedic shoes.

And we can only hunker down and support their efforts, as inconvenient and suffocating as it may feel for the time being. The people on the front lines are BEGGING us with tears in their eyes to stay home. The people in front of the cameras are irrelevant. Some are helping, some are not. They don't even agree with each other, so look for your truth from the unified voice of medical professionals who have dedicated their lives to finding it.

Listen to the nurses. Why would they lie? They aren't up for re-election. They arent currying favor with lobbyists. They arent worried about saving face. They already look like shit, with dark circles under their eyes and home made PPE. They just want to come out of this alive, with as little PTSD as possible, and take a nice nap!

No virus in your county yet ? You are lucky. And you can help keep it that way by LISTENING TO THE NURSES.
They have sore feet and no reason to lie. You have to trust them with your life when you end up in the hospital. Trust them to keep you out of it.

Jesus Christ on a cracker..this thread had the positive feel-good vibes all through it till we got a visit from someone with way too much tin foil on their head. This is not a conspiracy this is an actual Pandemic and unless we get our sheet together and follow some basic rules we will be looking at hundreds of thousands of dead folks. Look up the misnamed Spanish Flu of 1918 if you want to see what this could turn into. So stop crying that you are being told to stay in and when you do need to go out practice Social Distancing. Wash your hands often. Just be glad you are not on the front line like our Medical people. They are getting sick quick and dying.

While I live in a legal state now, for decades, I lived in Idaho--which, IMO, is worse than Utah. I have no love for the police and Big Brother type government, but that doesn't mean that I don't think that the government doesn't have the right to put restrictions in place for the benefit of the general population.

Stinky--what a great post!

We will just be required to agree to disagree, I could site the Constitution and Declaration of Independence as well as legal presidents all night. My greatest fear is that a portion of this country will be under “enforceable quarantine” when this happens, as with any regulation, the People will either submit, or rebel. If the people should rebel, at what length do we authorize those agents working on our behalf (public servants) to enforce such a quarantine? Do we limit the powers of the State to an arrest for those that would break the quarantine? What if the people that do rebel do not submit to arrest? Unless we as a people are willing to enforce such a principal with firepower and violence then such an order could not be enforceable. I for one do not like the thought of using any militarized force to coerce compliance on any people, especially not our own.

Please consider this hypothetical, (I don’t need a reply and while I fear I may risk being antagonistic, that is not my intent and I will “drop the bone” so to speak, after this post. I have said my piece and respect every individual to make their Own decision.) If the tables were turned, if you have lost your job, have no money, no resources, no work to go to, your about to loose your housing, and your living in a highly infected area. Do you not have the Right, Natural and Inherent, to better your situation? Do you not have the Right to Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness? I believe there is no more fundamental Natural Human Right than to travel peaceably. To prove this I would submit not only the words to our Declaration of Independence, but also the Articles of Confederation, article 4 which guarantees free Right of ingress and egress, beyond that, I know of no clause in the Constitution which would delegate this authority to the federal government, which would lead me to study the 9th and 10th Amendments to the Constitution of the united States of America.

If the individual States wish to close their borders, dependent upon the State, there may be inclusions in each individual State Constitution which would provide for the emergency power to be used, however an act of the state is not made lawful, nor just, on the basis of the state alone, please remember that from the German People’s point of view, hitler was protecting them from the Jewish, the homosexual, and the colored, and if you study the period “news media” (now known as propaganda) you will find that the German People, sacrificed m what limits they had placed over their governments, in the name of safety and equality.

When I originally posted this My intent was not to wind anyone up, and I’m still not quite sure how I managed to accomplish this with such efficiency. I was not attempting to be derogatory, accusatory or insensitive, my message, and I would ask that it be read again, is one of love, and hope. At no time have I made some claim that this is a greater conspiracy, nor would I imagine that this virus is a plan of some “deep state”, I do not understand where those accusations originate.

I feel as though my directness was taken as an insult and that was not intentional, I should replace the words you and your with words like the people at large or society, as my subject was not targeted at any member of this forum. Rather an observation of the, what I feel, is an undo amount of distress to my immediate community. We have no confirmed cases in my County, and Utah is among one of the lowest states for cases, with only 3 deaths total. I understand the urge to do all that one feels they may do to protect their families, however I will not seek safety for my wife or my family at the expense of even risking treading on the Rights of Man. I will not seek to use State force to seek compliance with any measure that would eliminate free trade or travel. I will continue to love life and love my neighbors.

As I live in a community that has yet to see infection, I completely understand the allure of a quarantine, I fear I will never though understand the justification for it.

Godwin's Law (also known as Godwin's Rule of Nazi Analogies) is a saying made by Mike Godwin in 1990. The law states: "As a discussion on the Internet grows longer, the likelihood of a comparison of a person's being compared to Hitler or another Nazi reference, increases.".

Carona came to the mudhole today !- My ex sister in law went to Mardi Gras is sick - has been tested awaiting results - My ex who has been living with her dropped off some supplies this morning -- She looks like **** !- Most likely highly contagous -- Houston bout to blow up - just not enough testing to know when -- People going to church and bringing it home to thier families -I guess that is a right ?-- - COVID is wide spread here !

Cough !- Cough !-- Hello ?- Rona is that U ?

Robinson, you quote rights like they are absolute, but they are not. We all live with restrictions upon these "rights" and we pretty much always have and always will. And no offense, but after reading a statement like "I will not seek safety for my wife or my family at the expense of even risking treading on the Rights of Man", I am glad that you are not responsible for my safety. However, the "Right of Man" are trod on each and every day by virtually everyone. And everyone has their own interpretation of the Constitution, which is why we have constitutional lawyers and The Supreme Court. The government not only has the right, but it has the responsibility to protect its people in times of danger (real danger, not "they have weapons of mass destruction" when they don't danger).
I for one am not going to give up my life so that the rich can get richer--what an a**h*** suggestion from a real a**h***.

Also, people got pretty wound up, because, whether you meant to or not, you pretty much stated that the you would ignore any actions by the government to limit YOUR personal rights, regardless of the damage to the general public. This is part of the problem with this country right now, IMHO. Everyone wants THEIRS, with little regard as to what it is doing to the country as a whole.

Made a run to BJS after work and they are completely sold out of tp, onions, garlic, one lonely bag of shallots left, every frozen fruit except blueberries (phew), every canned fruit, almost all canned vegetables, almost all fresh veggies, and all oranges, grapefruits, and apples. All that was left for fresh was berries, avocadoes, and those weird smoothie things that look like multicolored pond scum.
Zero chicken. No hams. Almost no beef. All that was left was large expensive cuts.
The shelves were surreally empty. I could see through about 3 aisles down.
And people were wandering around like zombies just silently staring.
I grabbed my eggs and frozen blueberries and gtfo.

I've yet to read back through since my last post so I'm not caught up on what set y'all off....
In my town...
Police are embracing those they're sworn to protect for what feels like the first time in my life. I've seen Sergeant's let mom's and Dad's run away with stolen food. They're on the streets hunting predators. I personally hemmed up 4 burglars and the response time was under two minutes. Police have broken out BMW dirt bikes to give chase and patrol.
The animal shelters waived all adoption fees. Come get an isolation buddy!
Utilities are nixxing late fees and cancelling disconnects. Internet providers have dropped data caps and handed out free speed upgrades. All stores are closed to the public by 7pm, excepting large groceries, which seem to only be open until ten for cleaning and restocks. Shelves are stocked again, purchase limits lifted finally. Almost every store has personnel cleaning carts and baskets at the doors.
Libraries, parks, playgrounds are all closed down too.
This morning I woke up realizing that I'd become more comfortable with the restrictions. I understand where the fear comes from, we've seen it happen repeatedly throughout history. I'm becoming conditioned to the facts of stay away from everyone.... It's not much different than my normal behaviour honestly but now the choice has been removed all together.

State wide shelter in place order was issued here yesterday...it had been a county by county thing. Supplies are lower this week due to first of the month money and shoppers hitting the stores. A police officer about 40 yo or so died in Concordia Parish yesterday CV-19...left a widow and 2 children...same thing here on animal shelters...utility's...evictions...grocery stores have marked 6 foot intervals in the check out lines. I have noticed some size reductions in products to cut down on waste...America waste as much as we use all most...bread is now 16oz loafs instead of 20oz...alcohol is 50% now instead of 70% to 90% ..we have a CVS shut down by CV-19 as well.

young backpackers , our leaders told them to go home weeks ago to avoid being stuck hear but they stayed they, threw parties disobeyed the SD rules and kept travelling , now the Man has closed the hostels closed the boarders ,shops are all closed there is no work , so now we have thousands of homeless backpackers that have no money no where to live and no way of getting home , crazy times

Ahh the dreaded BegPacker, already a noxious pest in some areas, but may become an infestation if control measures are not undertaken at first sign of unusual population growth .
Entitled tw4ts who come from privilege but think it's hip to live like a refugee (for the Instagram likes of course) until they tire of it and hop a first class flight back to Mommy's house.
Not this time, kids! Congratulations, you are now actually homeless and possibly a refugee!

Traffic here is dead right now, however yesterday it was 100% for hours at a time, about 75% of normal. The Speedway here is well-stocked with bread and bottled water, even TP and everything has a nickel or dime extra on its already inflated "convenience store" price. People here are not taking precautions, and actually saying "we are all going to get it anyway". Now I'm seeing my fellow Americans in a completely different light. Think about it, people that deliberately intend to spread this throughout the community, as a collective response. I'm getting the hell out of here!

Goddess is there a private message feature as I would be interested in responding to your thoughts, however I am doing my best to not cause further distress among the panicked.

Latest posts

Back