My town and COVID-19

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rubrown

Reaction score
So, I was at Walmart on lucky Friday, mid-afternoon. All the perishable items were just about sold out. Cottage cheese, Half and Half, Eggs, Gallons of Milk. Really, just about everything was sold out. There was about 350 people in the store unsupervised kids were running thru coughing without covering their mouths. Adults standing in line coughing as well. I didn't see anyone practicing social distance or wearing a mask anywhere. There were portable hand sanitizers (foam) near the entry ways. Now this is a rural tourist town of 5000 that would not survive without people on vacation. It's a destination for hundreds of thousands every summer. If this state doesn't beat C-19 this will be a bad season. How are things where you are?

Everybody is crazy but food was still at the stores. Some things were gone, TP, bottled water, rice, pasta, bleach, cleaners in general but all wipes of any kind. No issues with milk, eggs, bread, coffee, dog food. The meat had been picked thru, but they were restocking while I was there.

They gonna close the bars !- I'm need some copper tubing ! - Didn't we go thru this alcohol prohibition thing once before ?-- Where my yeast ?-- I need to make some hand sanitizer !-- Yeah that's what it is !- Hand Sanitizer !
Okay folks! Thanks for the input. The movie Theater here is closed down till April, well actually every movie theater in the state is shut down till April or later! Everything else looks okay, but like Hamster Lewis I'm just sequestered, me and the Dog. Woof! Woof!

Everybody is crazy but food was still at the stores. Some things were gone, TP, bottled water, rice, pasta, bleach, cleaners in general but all wipes of any kind. No issues with milk, eggs, bread, coffee, dog food. The meat had been picked thru, but they were restocking while I was there.
Pretty much exactly this. Except dog food is low, cat litter is lower, bread is down to random stuff no one likes, and half n half is gone.

I'm still working at the plant in Vermont where it's about a week from blowing up. Mass just blew up and we're on 3 week school closings and other measures. I live in Mass; so glad I got my stockpile built 2 weeks ago. Last stragglers came in today, dried veggies which I use all the time anyway. Already busted into the red peppers n shredded potatoes 20200316_193336.jpg 20200316_191124.jpg for dinner.

Mostly inconvenience shortages here....restock is under way...guess due to our poultry production we still have plenty chicken. Strange how it went first in other places...religious beliefs maybe contributing to that? At this point just stay cool and try not to over pay for high demand items...the profit takers are bound to emerge. There is still plenty of every thing...panic shopping over taxed the supply chain...which is 72 hours...truckers speed. Once the public spends all their chips it will be done on the panic shopping.....they have reached that level here. Panic and fear has created a more dangerous environment than the CV-19 ever would have.

We have empty shelves. Empty meat dept. Empty paper aisle. Garbage bread (pumpernickel hotdog buns, anyone).
Its funny there is no toilet paper anywhere, but florida will never run out of asswipes.
55560458_2614940941866905_1242284707291332608_n.jpg

Heading to the store this morning. As we just moved, we are low on everything. The last week we have eaten mostly microwave meals I stocked up on because I knew it would take a while to find the "kitchen boxes" and get the kitchen put together. My sister in eastern Oregon said they could not find bread anywhere.

I am of the opinion that stores should not be selling large stockpiles of anything to anybody. If people are so stupid they cannot self-ration, then the retailers should be doing it. I can say it did my heart good to see that that idiot who bought up all the hand sanitizer in a 2 state area ended up donating it somewhere. Props to Amazon, E-Bay and other online merchants for banning those trying to screw others during this crisis. What kind of low-life black-hearted sob do you have to be do try and get rich off others' during a time like this? It f*****g boggles my mind....

Most of the stores in my area have started rationing certain high demand items of course nothing to stop people from going back in for more, except right now they don’t have more or any of those things...I bought a package of TP and paper towels, about a week before the $hit hit the fan...lol, my wife wants to hand out a roll with the meals we deliver to seniors...weird that I hear the numbers but I don’t know a single person with the virus...maybe the infected don’t know...

Just got back from the only grocery store in my county, and they had everything in stock, though the manager said it'd all be gone tonight. There are some advantages to living in a county with just 10,000 people, 1 grocery store, 1 liquor store, and 1 traffic signal, apparently!

Supposed to go to the beach in FL next month, and it's a similarly sized county that we go to, so I'm reasonably optimistic that we'll be able to make the trip. We figure to take our groceries with us from here. Shouldn't get COVID out catching redfish and speck trout or walking on the beach! Might have the whole island to ourselves!

Only 4200 or so confirmed cases in the US or approx 0.0013% of the population(about 1 case for every 80000 people). From what I have read, the fatalities are by and large people over 70 that are heavy smokers(tobacco) and those in otherwise poor health. Kids under 19 are not even showing symptoms. To say this is blown out of proportion is an understatement...

We have only one confirmed case that we know of here. Thank goodness it is spring and we can do stuff outside soon. THG, I am thinking about you and i guess i need to say CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Big hugs.

Only 4200 or so confirmed cases in the US or approx 0.0013% of the population(about 1 case for every 80000 people). From what I have read, the fatalities are by and large people over 70 that are heavy smokers(tobacco) and those in otherwise poor health. Kids under 19 are not even showing symptoms. To say this is blown out of proportion is an understatement...

I can't afford to be on the wrong side of that coin flip. If either my better half or son in law get infected, the prognosis would be difficult. My grandkids need their dad, and my better half is equally needed.

Sick people thinking only of their own well being will kill others.

Get better Umbra. Hoping for the best.

One person that we know is fighting for his life right now.

Latest posts

Back