My town and COVID-19

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL--stinky, I was going to write the same thing. Taking reasonable precautions when there is a deadly pathogen out there that is spreading very fast and has already killed more people than 9-11, is not panic. It is called being a responsible adult. People need to stay home because there are so many asymptomatic people out there. How would you feel if you were responsible for someone's nana or gramps dying because you thought your "Freedom" garden was more important than the health of the elderly and infirm? For god's sake people, stay home! This isn't panic---it is a responsible response to something that is serious.

I can be reached in the manner umbra stated. However, I can tell you that there is no way that I will be brought around to your way of thinking. MY personal freedom is not and never will be more important than the collective good. And, you know, if people simply did what was right by staying home, staying distanced, and not opening non-essential services, the government wouldn't have to force people to do these things. It is only because people are being giant d!cks that the government has to intercede. For god's sake people, stay home!

Last edited by a moderator:
You know what irked me the most about this situation was that they limited purchases on things like milk and eggs because people panicked. I have little ones requiring such things. Limits made me have to go to more stores or make more trips; increasing my exposure. For all I know I have had the virus and been a carrier infecting en masse.

Logical thing is to blame management !- but there is none !- Only a showboat liar and his boot lickers !-- Not one gonna get reelected right down to dog catcher !- They've proven they are incapable of doing the job!- --Even poorly !-- These deaths are laid squarely at the feet of political name and the GOP for thier inaction !-- That's not political it's just the truth !
Where are the ventilators ? - Where are the PPE ?- Don't blame Obama -- Just release da **** -- If U ain't got it then find it and bring in the military Medical system too !--
This is what happens when U elect an unqualified TV personality backed up by the right wing conservative FOX entertainment channel with thier alternative facts !
They got blood on thier hands too ! -

Limits are in place here on some items...Like nov...it is a catch 22...they tell you to shop for 2 weeks worth of supplies but there is limits...and they know you are just going to the next store for more of the same items and spreading virus further. Be extra careful the week the stimulus check hit the banks...I am afraid it will be a rush to spend them and another up-tick of CV-19 cases. I did notice yesterday we are at 25% to 35% compliance on gloves and mask now...Plexiglas barriers have been placed at registers in stores and Post Office reducing droplet exposure risk. I see some Walmart's and other retail chains now have 1 person, 1 buggy, no children rules...these little things all help.

Our first day of official lockdown. We have a stay at home order from the governor. Why did he have to wait until we had 7000 cases and 150+ deaths?
Because he didnt want to hurt the economy supposedly?
Im scared to do the exponential math and im not a statistician, but how many more people are exposed/infected because we didnt shut it down at 500 cases and 10 deaths (2 weeks ago to be exact)? How many deaths did the governor mean to allow in order to protect the bottom line?
As a private citizen living in this state and country should any of us expect to be sacrificed for almighty tax revenue?
What guarantee do we have that we wont be among those unfortunate masses who have unwillingly been laid bare upon this golden altar?

Just got a memo from our CEO. Due to the Boeing Max accidents and the coronavirus putting a huge wound in the aerospace manufacturing industry, they just announced layoffs for the first time in 60+ years the company has been in business. I'm critical technical staff and have no backup, so I consider myself safe, but I feel for my colleagues who aren't. Almost 100 people lost their jobs today. Even more are being furloughed. It is a hard time.

They've got the Plexi glass barriers in place here too. HP that's a smart call on the checks. It's gonna be a crazy world of consumers for a few days.
Lesso, we're all just slaves bro, so yes.

Made 2 trips to walmart one early morning not so bad, very few people and everyone was social distancing a few were wearing masks. Went back for water at noon maximum customer volume, 25% were wearing masks and very little distancing. Shelves were half stocked, TP, Paper towels (generic everything) etc. they are just putting enough out so there is no hoarding. Traffic is back to normal at 1:30 pm right now. Something is missing can't put my finger on it. Sky looks different, people are stressed, worried, some are really stoned. Something external is lacking, missing, different. A couple places have gone belly-up already and the toilet paper factory is working overtime.

It's the ending of an old world and the beginning of new one !- What that world will look like who knows ?-- I got resupplied and lock down start tonight !-- Isolation is not new to me - My plan is if it don't come from UPS and Amazon Prime I won't be getting it !- I think they deliver everything but cold stuff ?

It's the ending of an old world and the beginning of new one !- What that world will look like who knows ?-- I got resupplied and lock down start tonight !-- Isolation is not new to me - My plan is if it don't come from UPS and Amazon Prime I won't be getting it !- I think they deliver everything but cold stuff ?

Are you the reason I am out late every night this week? Lol. My big brown truck has been packed every day this week. Looks Xmas again.

Not all heroes wear capes. Some wear brown Dickies and steel toed shoes.

The real heroes are the Medical professionals on the frontline. I am just fortunate to be able to continue earning a paycheck right now. Plenty of folks are not. My route is in a very busy part of town and it is surreal driving around these days and it is a ghost town. It feels like a bad movie sometimes.

Yeah but U still Daman Hammy !-Please keep bringing **** !- 20 years in the OR --took the EMT classes and worked the ER some -- Soo glad I don't do that anymore !-- I feel for the medical people even if I was thrown away like a broken tool after my fall -- wasn't the medical people's fault - it was a management decision !- I know what they going thru -- all I can do is gear up !- They gonna need PTSD medicine after this -We all will -- I got that kind of medicine and smoke too - Smoking is like an asthma rescue breathing device for PTSD - Hit it when U need it but the caps and oil is the real treatment !-

Latest posts

Back