My very first clones or... the woes of 3 strains.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dan K. Liberty said:
Pua, pH your water down lower, to say 6.2 or even 6.0 . . . it won't happen in one day, but if you keep watering at a pH below 6.5, it will slowly bring the soil down into healthy range and it will dissolve particulate iron/magnanese already in the soil and make them available to the plants so they can start to recover

:D Thank you Dan~

Wasn't sure just how low to go but I will start lowering it a lil more. It's been a few days and I don't see any improvement. I have been doing the way-diluted foliar feed thing and crossing my fingers. I bent the AK's over a few days ago (LST) and one SoD last night just to see.

So... It's NOT really 5 weeks (as FF's schedule is written) from clone taken to 12/12 flip, right? It's more of a "size" thing, correct? I have to be very careful and mindful about height so I'll prolly flip sooner rather than later (not any time soon tho).

Thank you for stoppin by this morning, puff, puff, pass... :icon_smile:

"Happy Mother's Day"!!! To ALL of the mom's that take or took care of us and for ALL the "MOMS" we take care of in our gardens... Much Aloha!

Actually, I believe that most growers DO give their clones a 5 week or more veg, but you do not need to. A clone is the same biologic age as the mother and can be flowered at any time. Your final yield will have a lot to do with long they veg. There are techniques like fimming, suppercropping and lst that can help keep your height under control.

Dan K. Liberty said:
Give em time to recover, the old growth may not heal completely, but new growth should stop showing the krinkles when they have iron/manganese in solution. When you see this, you should be ready to flip in ohhh bout 2 weeks or so

Put up pics and we will keep watching

I will be patient, thank you Dan. The are still showing signs of stress even the new growth so i must surmise that the "flush" did nothing to help? Foliar feeding once a day still too.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Actually, I believe that most growers DO give their clones a 5 week or more veg, but you do not need to. A clone is the same biologic age as the mother and can be flowered at any time. Your final yield will have a lot to do with your final yield. There are techniques like fimming, suppercropping and lst that can help keep your height under control.

Aloha THG!!! Happy Mother's Day and thanks for poppin by. I hear tell that the AK's can get very tall, same as the Sour D's too so I have done LST to several and will continue along with some side by side comparing of a FIM'd AK vs. a "Topped" AK vs. a "Bent-Over" AK, strictly for self edification purposes.

Today I added water to my bin and added the regular Cal./Mag supplement as per usual (@50% reccommended jus cause) to get it bubbling and oxygenated. I added 1/3 the amount of nutes and checked the PH which was 6.8. I wanna feed these plants in a day or so unless someone thinks I shouldn't yet?

I read in one of ur threads that you "buffer" (? if that's the correct word?) ur nutes by allowing them to sit a while before you use them so I do too now.. ha ha ha. :p

So lemme ask ya:
1.) Do you think its better to have these plants in size #1 containers and frequently water, thereby being able to feed, water, and adjust every few days or should I just put em in their final containers and be done with it?
2.) Do you think 3 Gal. containers will be big enough even tho they claim an 85 day flower? (SoD's)
3.) Do you think that a 1/3 strength fert. will be ok? Last fert was last week and was 1/4 strength.

Ok I'll leave ya alone now... ha ha

Thanks HG for stoppin by. Ur presence (or is it "presents"? :)) and expertise is always welcomed and appreciated.

puasurfs said:
So lemme ask ya:
1.) Do you think its better to have these plants in size #1 containers and frequently water, thereby being able to feed, water, and adjust every few days or should I just put em in their final containers and be done with it?
2.) Do you think 3 Gal. containers will be big enough even tho they claim an 85 day flower? (SoD's)
3.) Do you think that a 1/3 strength fert. will be ok? Last fert was last week and was 1/4 strength.

JMO. but i would put them in final containers and be done with it.. get the xplant shock done n over n healthy strong veg growth now...

IMO 3gal containers will be big enough.. i did a thai in a 3 gal pot bout month ago.. she was 3 1/2 ft.. i took it to 16 wks..

if been feeding 1/4 with no burn.. try a splash of 1/2 if shows some burn back off just a bit...

LH

LEFTHAND said:
JMO. but i would put them in final containers and be done with it.. get the xplant shock done n over n healthy strong veg growth now...

IMO 3gal containers will be big enough.. i did a thai in a 3 gal pot bout month ago.. she was 3 1/2 ft.. i took it to 16 wks..

if been feeding 1/4 with no burn.. try a splash of 1/2 if shows some burn back off just a bit...

LH

Thank you LH for stoppin by and for the answers and info. I appreciate it broth'a!:clap: I'mma plan on gettin my dirt and stuff in the next coupl'a days & will take some pictures soon.

LEFTHAND said:

LH

:yeahthat:

:welcome: Aloha my MP braddah's and sista's~

Thank you for stoppin by its been about a week since I last posted any pics so I thought I would take a minute and update this journal.

A day or two after my last post I "bent-over" most of my AK's and they responded better then I've ever seen before, correcting toward the lights in a matter of minutes and hours instead of days. Very interesting. I will take a pic in the next couple of days after all are x-planted to get a side by side of the AK's and different "training methods"; Topped / Super Cropped (kinda) vs. LST vs. FIM'd. I did that for myself just as a comparrison.

Whatever issue(s) the Indica were having seems to be getting better. Its still inconclusive, as much of this is, what the problem was (or is) and nothing I did seemed to work until it did. I flushed them, foliar fed them and it wasn't until I fed them (@ 1/3 strength) that they seem to respond. It was like a big arthritic finger straightening out from the vein outward, still not perfect but better. Much better. And just in time for me to x-plant them and start all over again.

SoDiesel's and AK's seem very happy at the moment with the SwDreams not far behind them so... for the moment so am I.

AK's Bent over (last week)
S7300362.JPGS7300366.JPG

My x-planting mess~ Ha ha ha @ Dolomite... jus sayin':p

S7300367.JPGS7300368.JPGS7300372.JPG
SDiesel Before and After x-plant~
S7300373.JPGS7300377.JPG
Indicas are comin back~
S7300374.JPG
AK waiting for X-plant and one already happy~
S7300375.JPGS7300376.JPG

P.S. Have any of you read that paper on organic soils, microbes, beneficial bacterias, etc.? Because :holysheep: !!! Very interesting read which I have deduced from it that, the soil / fertilizer / schedule I am on, is of the devil and evil in every way. There I said it! jk but seriously... excellent read.

:ciao: Thanks for stoppin by~

Dan K. Liberty said:
wow u go girl, they do look alot better !! still a funny krinklee leafs on the indica but the color looks really good now . . . inconclusive is right, don't think I ever seen em look like that with such a healthy color . . . just the one strain too huh . . . guess if we stop learning that means we musta stopped growin :48:
:D Aloha Dan & thanks for stoppin by~

Their color does look pretty good almost indistinguishable from the SoD's but yes, still krinkle-ee. This particular strain has leaves that are kinda textured-looking but not THAT much. They are getting better all the time... still not perfect like the AK's and the SoD's. :icon_smile:

:D Aloha MP~

:welcome: Thank you for stoppin by! Just a quick update for my GJ since I have been very busy preparing everything so that I may "FLIP" to 12/12 in just a few days. This is what's up as of today:

I finally finished x-planting my ladies into their final containers which are 16 Qt. it took more dirt than I thought and had to make a couple runs for supplies but my soil consists of:

FF Ocean Forest
Perlite @ 1.5-2 bags per 1.5 C/ft.
Geo hummus @ 2 Cups~ 1.5 C/ft.
Fine Dolomite Powder @ 1.5 Cups per 1.5 C/ft (YAY! I remembered this time :p )

*Wet down approx. 24 hours before use with diluted sea-kelp tea PH'd to 6.6 and mixed a few times throughout the day. Very sexy dirt imo, but I'mma dork that way so...:hubba:

I am finally finished with all the LST too thereby reducing my over-all canopy height to approx. 6 inches allowing me a little more time for them to veg.

I am using the FF Ferts. & Solubles and I have been waiting (and trying) to get back on schedule especially with the "FF Open-Sesame (OS)" since I am suppose to use this twice before the FLIP to decrease S T R E T C H~ We will see... I can hope.

So I have one more "batch" that needs the OS but first need to dry-out some more, since I just x-planted them.

Then comes a flush~

Does the flush just remove any and all SALT/FERT. build up?
Or is it more of a "out with the old and in with the new"? (or both?)

I'll take a pic right before I close her up, first day I flip for posterity (as if).

My flowering space is a 4 x 8 x 6 and I am currently running 2 600W Lights w/ Digital (Dimmable) Ballasts. I read that someone flowered 32 or 36 plants in a 4 x 8 x 6 tent... WOW! That sounds like a full time job to me.:watchplant:

Other then that it's Sunday and I'm about ready to drink some coffee and make some great food, sit here and read all day, and :48: .

SoD's LST:
S7300380.JPGS7300386.JPG
AK's EXTREME LST:
S7300385.JPG
Sour Diesel-L vs. Sweet Dreams-R ~ The Indica looks much mo bettah then it did, yeah?
S7300381.JPG
Reduced my canopy height to approx. 5 inches:
S7300383.JPG
I-ICU ~ INDICA-INTENSIVE CARE UNIT:
S7300384.JPG
(5' x 3' x 4.5' Mom Keeper Tent w/ 4 x 4' HO-T5's)

Thank you for stoppin by! :headbang2:

WOW...
they are lookin B-E-A-UTIFUL girl...
you got er down from the looks of things..
have pulled up a stump..
LH

LEFTHAND said:
WOW...
they are lookin B-E-A-UTIFUL girl...
you got er down from the looks of things..
have pulled up a stump..
LH

Mahalo LH~

:D Glad ur along for the ride, I'mma be needin ur expertise and ur support along this lil adventure! Appreciate you takin a minute to stop by~

Definitely looking good? I, too, noticed that after flushing my girls, they went sad a couple days later with their leaves drooping, even thought he soil felt moist. I went ahead and did a 1/2 strength feeding a day before they were scheduled for more water, and they perked right back up within a day or so as well! Think you got your head on straight as far as this grow's going, they sure do look gorgeous!

:welcome: Aloha and good-mornin fellow MP'ers~

Well its just about that time. I've finished with x-planting and the LST for the moment , which actually reduced my canopy height to just a few inches.

So... lemme ask ya this:

***Since their "birth" (they are 4 & 5 weeks in dirt today) I've only used nutes once and that was at 1/4 strength. Since then I have x-planted them in to their final containers (4 gal.) and used OS twice ("Open Sesame" is a "soluble" that is meant to decrease stretch) @ 1/2 strength also. I have also watered them (plain water) several times so...

Here's my question please:

Do you think that warrants a "flush"? :confused2: I'm not all together sure that there are any salts built up to flush and that it might be a waste of good pure water and nutes in the soil. But I will do what the general consensus is. I am gonna post this in as many sections and as many places as possible bc I am in need of an answer today :rofl:! (GL I know...)

How do you feel about it?

Yes or no?

:icon_smile: Thanks for stoppin by.

getnasty said:
Definitely looking good? I, too, noticed that after flushing my girls, they went sad a couple days later with their leaves drooping, even thought he soil felt moist. I went ahead and did a 1/2 strength feeding a day before they were scheduled for more water, and they perked right back up within a day or so as well! Think you got your head on straight as far as this grow's going, they sure do look gorgeous!

Mahalo getnasty for the compliment and vote of confidence, appreciate you stoppin by. :)

If the plants look good and you see no salt build up(I am not familiar with your nutes), I would not flush.

The only time I see a need to flush is if I screw up with me feeding them.

pcduck said:
If the plants look good and you see no salt build up(I am not familiar with your nutes), I would not flush.

The only time I see a need to flush is if I screw up with me feeding them.

Thank you pcd~

I am using FF. They reccommend it be done, but they also reccommend a way heavier feeding schedule then I can comply with at the moment so... I'm not sure how to tell if there is salt built up, really. How can you tell? I'm sure its prolly not just based on my nute schedule (fed ONCE @ 1/4 strength??), :confused2: but I don't know more then I do.

:ciao: Thanks for stoppin by~

Yeah I would say you do not need to flush. Your feeding schedule is so light there should not be any salts. I do not flush at anytime unless I make a mistake. Like adding 50 ml/gal when it is suppose to be 10 ml/gal

Most salt buildups appear as a white incrustation on top of your grow media.

I do not flush my plants either, unless I have done something stupid. I am not sure that it would hurt anything, but unless you have a problem, I cannot see it doing any good either.

Latest posts

Back