My very first clones or... the woes of 3 strains.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMO/E flushing is more for fixing problems than anything else

pcduck said:
Yeah I would say you do not need to flush. Your feeding schedule is so light there should not be any salts. I do not flush at anytime unless I make a mistake. Like adding 50 ml/gal when it is suppose to be 10 ml/gal

Most salt buildups appear as a white incrustation on top of your grow media.

Thank you pcd~ no salt build up on soil at all.
:eek: And I am so afraid of making a mistake with fert. amounts that not only do I under feed but i also read it, and read it, and then read it again. I'mma get better at it eventually. :icon_smile:

The Hemp Goddess said:
I do not flush my plants either, unless I have done something stupid. I am not sure that it would hurt anything, but unless you have a problem, I cannot see it doing any good either.

Thank you HG~

I was so hoping that you would find ur way here today so...

WHEW!

(can I get an "amen"... not really but you get the idea, yes?) :rofl:

Thank you, thank you, anddddd...... mahalo nui loa or mahalo mucho grande' (Hawaiian and Spanglish... ha ha ha)

ozzydiodude said:
IMO/E flushing is more for fixing problems than anything else

:cool2: Thanks ozzy~

And thank you to everyone for the help here today. I have been anxious about the flip but this has eased my mind a great deal. So... now I can get on with my day of double-checking for light leaks and making sure everyone is happy, watered, and ready including me.

**Is there anything else I have over looked?
**Something I'm suppose to REMEMBER to do and have not?

This requires more coffee, some left over mexican food, and a big fatty :joint4:! But first my dogs are buggin me for "ball-duty"... that's all I am to them is a feeding, loving-on-them, ball throwin machine. My right biceps is so over-developed from "ball-duty" I could be a professional pitcher instead of a "professional-big-dog-lovin-ball-thrower"... TMI?

I hope you all enjoy the day its absolutely beautiful here and "surfs-up" :D

The Hemp Goddess said:
I do not flush my plants either, unless I have done something stupid. I am not sure that it would hurt anything, but unless you have a problem, I cannot see it doing any good either.

I don't flush anymore either and I go organic. THG, you're using NV's supersoil, right? A big reason I went organic was to eliminate the chemicals. With 2 of 3 Fox Farms nutes being not organic, do you-or does anyone else-see any value in flushing if you aren't full organic?

AG

Pretty sure just the term "flushing" brings some confusion and has been discussed before. IMO flushing is flooding out your medium in one session. I don't do that. BUT, "flushing" out the nutrients from the final product at the end of cycle before harvest by just giving water at every water and letting it use the nutrients currently in the medium, and not adding more nutrients all the way to harvest, I do for the last 2 weeks. Just my .02

Amateur Grower said:
I don't flush anymore either and I go organic. THG, you're using NV's supersoil, right? A big reason I went organic was to eliminate the chemicals. With 2 of 3 Fox Farms nutes being not organic, do you-or does anyone else-see any value in flushing if you aren't full organic?

AG

I am on my first run with organics. I was really talking about the hydro plants, since the organic ones are about 4 weeks off. No, I see no value to flushing unless you have some kind of problem you are trying to correct.

I did do like ston-loc. I did not give new nutes the last 7-10 days. I topped up with plain pH'd water.

Roddy said:
:ciao: catch a few waves for me, my friend!

Thank you Roddy... of course!

P.S. Stopping ur surf board with ur face is considered "poor-technique" so... I shouldn't try THAT again! :rofl:

puasurfs said:
P.S. Stopping ur surf board with ur face is considered "poor-technique" so... I shouldn't try THAT again! :rofl:
I find that poor technique can be perfected into something rivalrous of proper technique a lot of the time. :smoke1:

Amateur Grower said:

AG

From what I am reading here and have garnered from that is, that "flushing" does or CAN accomplish a couple'a things: (probably MORE then just a couple I suspect...)

1.) It will help correct a "HOT" situation; Soil or nutes, etc.
2.) It will remove built up salts left behind from ferts/additives (and soils? :confused2: ).
3.) It will help to rid the plant of the old nutes (veg nutes) and prepare it for the next phase of feeding (flowering nutes in this case).

IMO I think there is a margin for errors/mistakes/salt build-ups, etc., in any grow medium.

I am just beginning to understand. The more I know the more I know I don't know, you know?

:D Thanks for stoppin by~

ston-loc said:
Pretty sure just the term "flushing" brings some confusion and has been discussed before. IMO flushing is flooding out your medium in one session. I don't do that. BUT, "flushing" out the nutrients from the final product at the end of cycle before harvest by just giving water at every water and letting it use the nutrients currently in the medium, and not adding more nutrients all the way to harvest, I do for the last 2 weeks. Just my .02

:welcome: Aloha SL and thanks for stoppin by~

Confusion? :confused2: Moi? Yes, I was, and possibly still could be, however, I am moving onward to the next series of confusing issues in which I will keep everyone posted. :D

I can see the value tho in NOT flushing at harvests end and allowing the plant to use the nutes it has stored up until the end of it's last day upright. I am so looking forward to THAT day! But HARVESTS make me nervous and anxious so I'll fret about that at a latter date, no doubt.

:ciao: Mahalo for stoppin' by brah~

getnasty said:
I find that poor technique can be perfected into something rivalrous of proper technique a lot of the time. :smoke1:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

WHEW!!! Mahalo Brah~

Na I don't care who ya are that there is funny! (Please READ in Larry-The-Cable-Guys voice)!

Mornin' getnasty~ puff, puff, pass...:48:

The Hemp Goddess said:
I am on my first run with organics. I was really talking about the hydro plants, since the organic ones are about 4 weeks off. No, I see no value to flushing unless you have some kind of problem you are trying to correct.

I did do like ston-loc. I did not give new nutes the last 7-10 days. I topped up with plain pH'd water.

:cool2: Mahalo HG~

My fear in that is (and I am getting ahead of myself in the "fear" dept. here), I hope I know what 10 days ahead actually LOOKS like. My plan is to get a better camera and take better pictures and have MP help me along the way. Whatever would I do without ya? :confused2:

:headbang2: Thanks for stoppin by HG~

I hope I know what 10 days ahead actually LOOKS like.

This is really stain dependent. Some girls are fast finishers and some are much slower. This come from experience of growing the strains.

As far as knowing what to look for, this is growers preference. If the grower likes the couch lock, they would be looking for a higher percentage of amber trics. An more uppity, they would be looking for clear to milky.

Plus if you miss by a day or so, it is no big deal. The bud will still be dank:D

:yay: Sounds like a Harvest is in the near future

take care and be safe

Aloha fellow MP'ers~

:welcome: Well... "FLIP"!

Today is the first day of my 12/12. I woke up this morning a lil early so I could switch; out with the MH and in with the HPS.

Today is also 6 weeks. I cannot believe how huge they have gotten in the last two weeks but I wanted to wait for one last feeding before the flip so...

Fed @ 75% GB (That's FF Grow Big) with RO water w/Cal.-Mag. added @ 75%.

I x-planted the last indicas into thier final respective containers, I was waiting for them to come along health wise first and they have for the most part (still not perfect tho), so they're IN.
S7300402.JPG
There's no more I-ICU: It is now the keeper of "THE CHOSEN FEW"!
The Mother's chillin~
S7300401.JPG

I have a question about ALL those little bitty MJ shoots that are springing up everywhere:
S7300412.JPG

Am I meant to LST all those? (Because that would be a bunch of hooks!)
Or...
Allow them to just grow "whichever"? (Ricky Gervais says "willy-nilly".)
Or...
Does anyone remove any of these?

I saw an excellent pic of a LST plant that just had like 8 or 10 large colas on it... no pop corn (not in the pic anyway).

What do you do? Do you just leave it or do you cut em or do ya train em... Inquiring minds wanna know. :D

:ciao: Mahalo nui loa my MP braddahs and sista's for srtoppin by~

pcduck said:
This is really stain dependent. Some girls are fast finishers and some are much slower. This come from experience of growing the strains.

As far as knowing what to look for, this is growers preference. If the grower likes the couch lock, they would be looking for a higher percentage of amber trics. An more uppity, they would be looking for clear to milky.

Plus if you miss by a day or so, it is no big deal. The bud will still be dank:D

Thanks pcd for stoppin by, you know I'mma be "all-up-in-ur-knowledge" and picking that marvelous brain of urs for the info all along the way and leading up to the day I do the "Harvest-Happy-Dance" :banana: Yeah I said it... "Harvest-Happy-Dance"!!! Ha ha ha! I'd send the YouTube link of it but i'm not suppose to so... (don't really have one but that never stopped me from saying I do).:hubba:

4u2sm0ke said:
:yay: Sounds like a Harvest is in the near future

take care and be safe

:welcome: Aloha 4u!!!

Always great to hear from ya glad ya stopped by.

Harvest wise tho:

The Sweet Dreams-Indica flowers in approx. 6 weeks.
The AK-47 is @ about 55-65 days.
The SoDiesel is @ about 85 days.

I have gotten so use to going in there whenever I wanna :watchplant: & check on 'em and now...
:cry: I am having "separation anxiety"...

Looks like I'll have to be productive for those 12 hours. :rofl: NOT!

This is the picture I was referring to:
perfect_lst.jpg

The title of this picture is:
"The Perfect LST"
And I agree. How can I get mine to look like this?

This pic was the impetus for the question re: all those lil shoots and stuff and my LST venture in general.

I'm serious about wanting my grow to look like this and be a lil (ok more than a lil bit) "cleaner" and a lot less jungle-like (as mine has the ability to be) so any help along this vein would be appreciated. :)

I'm sure there are ways to clean it up but i haven't read anywhere about exactly how to do that. Appreciate any input you might have.

:ciao: Thanks for stoppin by!

Latest posts

Back