My weed is garbage, PLEASE help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davemetalfreak

Reaction score
My plants are growing well, looking good, the flowers are looking good (but not compact at all, and really small), and i harvested a few plants in the past couple of months, but it's total crap, doesn't even get me high, it only makes me more tired than high. it's like there's no THC or something, I just don't understand...

I have a pretty good setup, i use fluorescent lights, and i have a mix of warm and cool white, more warm white for flowering. I use fert, 11h30 of lights for flowering period...

I just started to cure my stuff, can curing REALLY help?
thanks

davemetalfreak said:
My plants are growing well, looking good, the flowers are looking good (but not compact at all, and really small), and i harvested a few plants in the past couple of months, but it's total crap, doesn't even get me high, it only makes me more tired than high. it's like there's no THC or something, I just don't understand...

I have a pretty good setup, i use fluorescent lights, and i have a mix of warm and cool white, more warm white for flowering. I use fert, 11h30 of lights for flowering period...

I just started to cure my stuff, can curing REALLY help?
thanks

Hey, if you tell us some more about what you've done with your grow by using the list below, maybe we can figure out what's going on. Are the plants your growing all from seed you got from a bag you bought or are they breeders seeds?

THE UNIVERSIAL QUESTION LIST

This is a standard question list that you can use to help all of us, help you.

Please answer each question that could apply to your grow. Put the answers below each question please.

Please copy and paste this list into a saved file and use it to refer to when asking the group a question.

Please post only the questions and answers that apply to your grow. This will make answering your question much easier.

WHEN ANSWERING, PLEASE POST THE ENTIRE QUESTION AND ANSWER FOR EASE OF READING.

1. How tall are your plants now?

2. How far from the lights are the tops of your plants? Is this a constant distance or have you changed it recently?

3. How old are they?

4. What strain are they?

5. Did you start them from seed or clone?

6. What type of containers are you using and what size are they in gallons?

WHAT TYPE OF GROW DO YOU HAVE?

7. Dirt?

8. What mixture of dirt or type of dirt did you use?

9. Is it a type that has added nutrients like "Miracle Grow"?

10. What mixture of perlite, vermiculite and other additives have you used if any?

11. Hydroponic?

WHAT TYPE OF HYDROPONIC SYSTEM DO YOU USE?

12. Ebb and Flow

13. NFT

14. Bubbler/Deep Water

WHAT TYPE OF MEDIA DO YOU USE?

15. Gravel

16. Hydroton

17. Rockwool slab

WHAT TYPE OF LIGHTS DO YOU USE?

18. Fluorescent

19. Halide

20. HPS

21. Wattage?

22. Ballast, is it digital or analog?

23. Is it remote or in your grow area?

24. What nutrients are you feeding your plants?

HYDROPONIC FERTS?

25. What brand? What mix? What strength?

26. How often, and when was the last time?

SOIL FERTS?

27. What brand? What strength? What mix?

28. How often, and when was the last time?

ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS OF THE GROW AREA

29. Do you use ventilation for your indoor grow?

30. If so, what do you use?

31. Do you use a fan?

32. What type of fan and where is it pointed? What speed?

33. Temperature of the grow area?

34. Humidity of the grow area?

35. Is CO2 being introduced? What method?

36. Do you use Odor Control, (carbon, ionizer, ozone gen)?

37. Do you use LST? HST?

I have 120 watts of fluorescent lights, 90w warm white and 30w cool white.
the lights are only a few inches from my plants, like 3to5 inches, i got 3 plants, for these flowering females, i use 10-54-10 fert.
My plants are from 1 to 2 foot tall, i grow in dirt, they are clones that i made from good seeds i bought a few months ago.
I use a fan once in a while, but not all the time

thanks for any help\advise

davemetalfreak said:
I have 120 watts of fluorescent lights, 90w warm white and 30w cool white.
the lights are only a few inches from my plants, like 3to5 inches, i got 3 plants, for these flowering females, i use 10-54-10 fert.
My plants are from 1 to 2 foot tall, i grow in dirt, they are clones that i made from good seeds i bought a few months ago.
I use a fan once in a while, but not all the time

thanks for any help\advise

How long did you veg the plants and how long did you flower the ones you said are lame? What color were the trikes just before harvesting them?

How many lumens do the lights you're using for flowering have? Watts is not a good way to even generalize how much usable light the plants are getting. Lumens is the right way to express it.

Be patient, we'll figure it out. Already, I can tell you that those lights are not what you want to use for flowering. 5 thousand Lumens per/sq ft HPS is the optimum choice. How much area are you lighting?

Multiply the length in feet by the width in feet and you have area in sq ft.

I have at least 12,000 lumens, i don't have 5 thousand per/sq ft, but i think it's not bad, cuz The area is about 4 sq ft. I harvest when the trikes are almost all brown (about 85%).
i'm counting the days of flowering, but not for veg, i'd say about 2 months in veg.

here's some pictures, look how small these buds are, and they are almost ready to harvest...
the pic on the left is 8 weeks in flower, the middle one 6 weeks.
and here's my setup on the right, i don't know why it's so dark, i guess my cam sucks, it's actually pretty bright in there

DSCF0881(2).JPG

DSCF0884(2).JPG

DSCF0886(2).JPG

Judging by looking......you need a better lighting system. I personally have never seen good weed grown totally under fluor lighting, great for starting but need more for real, positive growth.
Try even a 400w MH or HPS & I think u'll be happier.

davemetalfreak said:
I have at least 12,000 lumens, i don't have 5 thousand per/sq ft, but i think it's not bad, cuz The area is about 4 sq ft. I harvest when the trikes are almost all brown (about 85%).

Prime THC at it's most potent is clear. If you wait until you have a half and half mix of clear and gold, you'll have the best possibility of having the strongest weed you can out of a crop. The immature oil will be just getting perfect and the older will be gold. After the gold to brown change, a lot of the THC has degraded and will give more of a "lay down" high. If you wait too long, you'll have almost nothing, as THC degrades really fast once it's on a roll.

If you're growing in a 4 sq ft area, it's 2 feet by 2 feet or 1 foot by 4 feet. Your plants will veg just fine with the light you have, but to bud to the plants potential, you need to get a HPS shining on them. Once you have 5K per/ft HPS on the flowering plants, you'll double your yield.

What are the actual measurements of your grow area? Use a tape measure so we can tell what you have going. The light is a factor that has been proven so many times that it's just not worth trying to grow with less than what the plant needs. The crop yield will just disappoint you.

Latest posts

Back