Mycorrhizae

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeydean

Reaction score
I have 3 18 gal. totes with 3 plants each...was wondering if adding this will help with root develpment? I am using GH nutes so will they mix?:confused:

I don't think so.. I believe Mycorrhizae is for creating/maintaining a healthy micro herd in Organic growing. Unless you are using all Organic nutrients it's a waste of time and money. Chemical nutrients tend to kill off any micro herds.jmo

I totally agree with The Hamster :) if you are using that big of planters, its a shame that you aren't in organics. Growing with chem nutes really doesn't require that much in the way of soil as you are supplying the nutes to the plant rather than the soil. You should look into organics if you like digging in soil. Its not that difficult, you just have to learn to read your plants and really know whats in your soil for success. :)

Mycorrhizae is actually a fungus which attaches to the root system so actually a extension of the root system, i have spoken to a pro mix rep which i was also concerned about chemical nutrients.
I do not have the email any more but i guess these fungus have been proven to do nicely with chemical nutrients, scientifically speaking as it was in email
i use this with amendments of manures etc as well feed chemicals with great results

Again,my bad, not enough info...I'm doing DWC . Just trying to help root development! :hubba:

mycorrhizae- is a beneficial soil fungus that facilitates the break down and transporting of nutrients to plants roots. It increases the availability of both the moisture and nutrients required for plant growth and connects many of the microbes in healthy soil to host plants.

Yes ^ that.

Mycorrhizae has known to live thru applications of LIGHT chemicals. Regular use of chemical nutes will kill the wonderful mycorrhihzae. You are wasting your money if using it with chemical nutes.

:goodposting:

Using a complete nutrient line, chemical nutes can be directly assimilated at the proper ph swings. No fungus needed. ;)

Latest posts

Back