Mystery strain

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smaccio

Reaction score
Just for fun...this is a rando autoflower that was shipped to me labeled as a photoperiod Girl Scout Cookie seed. What I do know is that it isn't that, and I know it's dang near impossible to figure out a strain just by looking at it but I'm wondering if this flower structure is unusual and offers a hint as to what this plant could be? She's within 2-3 weeks of harvest, I would guess. Trics are mostly cloudy. This is about week 13 from germination.
IMG_5686.jpg
IMG_5684.jpg
IMG_5686.jpg
IMG_5684.jpg

Last edited:
Just for fun...this is a rando autoflower that was shipped to me labeled as a photoperiod Girl Scout Cookie seed. What I do know is that it isn't that, and I know it's dang near impossible to figure out a strain just by looking at it but I'm wondering if this flower structure is unusual and offers a hint as to what this plant could be? She's within 2-3 weeks of harvest, I would guess. Trics are mostly cloudy. This is about week 13 from germination.
Is this plant in reveg? I have 4 outside plants that bloomed early they are all photoperiod but are still blooming and revegging too. one looks kinda like your plant

Smaccio. When you load a picture. Click Insert and then click on Full Image.

Is that girl seeded?

Is this plant in reveg? I have 4 outside plants that bloomed early they are all photoperiod but are still blooming and revegging too. one looks kinda like your plant
I don't know but I don't think it's revegging. The plant has been outdoors since week 1, and it has looked like this ever since it started to flower. It's also really short. Some kind of mutant maybe.

Smaccio. When you load a picture. Click Insert and then click on Full Image.

Is that girl seeded?

Hmm...thought I had inserted a full image...tried to edit it. Did that work?

I wondered if those were seeds, but there was never anything in the crotches that made me think it could be a male. Someone (on another thread a while back) said they were female brachts / calyxes (calyses?).

Hmm...thought I had inserted a full image...tried to edit it. Did that work?

I wondered if those were seeds, but there was never anything in the crotches that made me think it could be a male. Someone (on another thread a while back) said they were female brachts / calyxes (calyses?).
That was me. I still think they look like unpollinated seed bracts. You could pick one off with a tweezer and open it to see if there is an undeveloped seed in it. The way the bracts are stacking up on one another looks similar to ‘foxtailing’ which is usually a sign of heat stress or plain genetic predisposition to foxtail. Someone growing a plant near your home(cannabis pollen has been found to travel miles) could have provided the pollen accidentally but that would have had to come from a male who was in flower in a tent that someone put outside(assuming Virginia is in the northern hemisphere-;).). You have a mutant is my guess. Maybe some cannabis ruderalis in the genes somewhere that made the ‘photoperiod’ into an auto. Or the seed vendor mislabeled the seed. I like weird plants(I am growing Freak Show now because I like weirdos) so as long as you aren’t seeing any nanners, I would let her flower as long as she takes to ripen. You may have an interesting buzz in store for you.

That was me. I still think they look like unpollinated seed bracts. You could pick one off with a tweezer and open it to see if there is an undeveloped seed in it. The way the bracts are stacking up on one another looks similar to ‘foxtailing’ which is usually a sign of heat stress or plain genetic predisposition to foxtail. Someone growing a plant near your home(cannabis pollen has been found to travel miles) could have provided the pollen accidentally but that would have had to come from a male who was in flower in a tent that someone put outside(assuming Virginia is in the northern hemisphere-;).). You have a mutant is my guess. Maybe some cannabis ruderalis in the genes somewhere that made the ‘photoperiod’ into an auto. Or the seed vendor mislabeled the seed. I like weird plants(I am growing Freak Show now because I like weirdos) so as long as you aren’t seeing any nanners, I would let her flower as long as she takes to ripen. You may have an interesting buzz in store for you.
I performed a dissection of sorts on one of the "pods" and don't see anything that suggests seed to me...just green plant tissue. I think you're right about the anatomy.

I don't know but I don't think it's revegging. The plant has been outdoors since week 1, and it has looked like this ever since it started to flower. It's also really short. Some kind of mutant maybe.
Since they have been outside the whole time I don’t think it’s revegging either but my plants look very simular and are also continuing to flower. Mine were started inside. I also broke into one of those buds to see if there was a seed inside but only found plant matter. So far no seeds or he/she development so I’m in it for the ride like you are to see what’s in store for us. 😊

Just for fun...this is a rando autoflower that was shipped to me labeled as a photoperiod Girl Scout Cookie seed. What I do know is that it isn't that, and I know it's dang near impossible to figure out a strain just by looking at it but I'm wondering if this flower structure is unusual and offers a hint as to what this plant could be? She's within 2-3 weeks of harvest, I would guess. Trics are mostly cloudy. This is about week 13 from germination.View attachment 302626View attachment 302627View attachment 302626View attachment 302627
Is this the first run? Intrested to know how the high is?

I believe the runt has the rot. What do y'all think? Trics are mostly cloudy with a few amber. Any reason not to go ahead and cut this thing down, trim and dry?

IMG_5698.jpg

Looks like bud rot to me. Cut that out. Maybe the whole bud.

Latest posts

Back