myths

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yea some of my friends think if they do anything while high they will lose there high.
I say ** on that. If im high and I do something I stay high.

Hick (in another thread) said:
Whoa!..where did you find that?..Trimming leaves is a "no-no" in most growers handbooks. Leaves are where photosynthesis takes place. http://www.emc.maricopa.edu/faculty.../BioBookPS.html
Photosythesis is the primary resource of health and vigor. Don't trim all those leaves.

See there another myth decimated. DON"T TRIM FAN LEAVES. thanks Hick.

GanjaGuru (in another thread) said:
NO NO NO NONO NO

birth control pills.

Human hormones don't determine the sex of plants.

Why would you want to smoke female hormones?
Then again, you may just like that set pf 34 C's you sprout--more fun in the shower.

Damn you guys are on a roll tonite. ;) Keep em coming. Correct all these myths. ;)

REF:Birth Control Pills in weed.

"Then again, you may just like that set pf 34 C's you sprout--more fun in the shower."

Gotta a new myth to add.
Hermie seeds=feminized seeds.
Been seeing this one up for a while now.
Not any old hermie seed is feminized. They have to be done in a controlled environment, with certain processes. Then they have to be stabalized. So IMHO "My plant hermied so I got fem'd seeds" is a myth.

LU400S/HTL/EN
Initial Lumen Output: 55,000
That's 137.5 per/watt, a total of 5,000 lumens more per/bulb than the 125 per/watt myth.

LU430S/HTL/EN
Initial Lumen Output: 58,500
That's 136.1 per/watt, a total of 4,750 lumens more per/bulb than the 125 per/watt myth.

LU600S/HTL/EN
Initial Lumen Output: 88,000
That's 146.7 per/watt, a total of 13,000 lumens more per/bulb than the 125 per/watt myth.

LU1000B/HTL/EN
Initial Lumen Output: 145,000

That's 145 per/watt, a total of 20,000 lumens more per/bulb than the 125 per/watt myth.

Well, I could go on forever, but with only these few bulbs from Hortilux, I've shown that the supposed 125 lumens/per watt in HPS bulbs is a total fabrication, an uninformed miscalculation and not even a good estimate.

When someone spouts off with a bunch of "statistics" concerning YOUR grow, ALWAYS check to make sure they aren't handing you a bunch of baloney that will affect how much weed YOU can grow.

I stated the 125 lumens per watt.
It's a standard measurement.
I didn't say ALL brands of HPS are exactly 125 lumens per watt.
My info comes from a variety of sources inc. Ed Rosenthal.
So post your attempt at starting a fight with him.

P.S. in case you haven't yet, check to see that 136 lumens is pretty damn close to 125.

ganjabanned said:
I stated the 125 lumens per watt.
It's a standard measurement.
I didn't say ALL brands of HPS are exactly 125 lumens per watt.
My info comes from a variety of sources inc. Ed Rosenthal.
So post your attempt at starting a fight with him.

P.S. in case you haven't yet, check to see that 136 lumens is pretty damn close to 125.
It was a standard measurement more than a decade ago. It's not now. It's outdated information. I've shown clearly that it is. The 1K light example has your outdated information 20,000 lumens off track. Do try to post accurate information if you have to post.

I wasn't trying to start a fight. You continue to do so. Everyone has noticed your childish attempt to do so by using the sig line you are. It's just another example of your immaturity.

Hicks forecast was exactly right. You're a trouble maker. You do just go round and round trying to cause trouble over and over. With every post you have, you reinforce his accuracy.

Keep up the good work. You'll get yourself booted from this site like you have with others.

2 items posted earlier are at least partially true.

An ancientrway of collecting hash was to have near naked little boys run through the hemp fields to collect resin. The resin would then be removed from their bodies with wooden scrapers.

And cops use infared technology as a tool to bust indoor pot growers. If you have a lot of HID's, this will show up on infared, even from hundreds of feet in the air.
The supreme court ruled that they can only use infared if they have a search warrant or evidence that points to a specific house/location.

Stoney Bud said:
It was a standard measurement more than a decade ago. It's not now. It's outdated information. I've shown clearly that it is. The 1K light example has your outdated information 20,000 lumens off track. Do try to post accurate information if you have to post.

I wasn't trying to start a fight. You continue to do so. Everyone has noticed your childish attempt to do so by using the sig line you are. It's just another example of your immaturity.

Hicks forecast was exactly right. You're a trouble maker. You do just go round and round trying to cause trouble over and over. With every post you have, you reinforce his accuracy.

Keep up the good work. You'll get yourself booted from this site like you have with others.

Go poke a stick at someone else; I don't want to play your bad-mouth game.

from what i have been led to believe the way a feminized seed works (to prove the myth you state Mutt ;) )

a fem seed is when you take a solid genetic strain and stress her at the end of flower by letting her go VERY late (there may be other ways of stressing i have not heard) ....this causes her to believe she will not be harvested and will die off

she pops a nut to continue the life cycle....and it is from this forced stress that makes the fem seed

*how true this is....well i don't know....so if i'm wrong....please correct me* :)

Mutt said:
Gotta a new myth to add.
Hermie seeds=feminized seeds.
Been seeing this one up for a while now.
Not any old hermie seed is feminized. They have to be done in a controlled environment, with certain processes. Then they have to be stabalized. So IMHO "My plant hermied so I got fem'd seeds" is a myth.

GanjaGuru said:
-

-Hang the plant upside-down so all the THC drains into the buds.

-If a male plant is near other plants it will turn them male too.

-Cut leaves off the plants if they're shading buds.

My first husband spent hours evey night trimming shade leaves...you mean he did not need to do this? He also did the hanging upside down, roots intack...

bmello said:
My first husband spent hours evey night trimming shade leaves...you mean he did not need to do this? He also did the hanging upside down, roots intack...

Shade leaves are there for a reason:
To perform photosynthesis and they act as storehouses for nutrients the plant needs during flowering.
Light does not have to shine directly on buds to increase potency. Light energy is collected from leaves on the entire plant.
If someone is manic about having light shining on buds they can rearrange shade leaves with paper clips/twist ties etc.

Hanging upside down is a drying technique. Gravity tend to "draw" moisture from the uppermost part to the lower parts, slowing down the drying process (good). But it doesn't increase potency, and I don't think hanging with the roots still attached accomplishes anything, except take up space.

if males dont change other plants to males and you can smoke them why kill them?

how true this is
Well, you forgot a step. You need to take the pollen from that hermie and sex a totally different female, not the hermied plant or a clone of that plant.
People Vits used a ferts
Ferts no but as a vit supplement, yes. Plants need vits too:D. Think superthrive.

You can make a rub on pain reliever by soaking Marijuana shake in alcohol for a few days

(well...this may be real, i just thought my friend was full of it when he told me that smokin in the garage the other day)

exhaling marijuana smoke at your plants helps them

You can get high from smokin the roots

bmello said:

yea theres no reason to hang ur plant upside down at all, theres no THC movement once its been cut. and those leaves he cut didn't do much of nething.

allgrownup said:
exhaling marijuana smoke at your plants helps them
You can get high from smokin the roots

Both a no to those. Carbon monoxide is not good for any living thing. When you burn anything it gives off carbon MONOXIDE not DIOXIDE.

Roots contain no THC. Better luck smoking stems.

Cutting shade leaves is bad. Those are the photosynthesis factories. They are what makes the plant grow better,bigger,faster.

cloud said:
if males dont change other plants to males and you can smoke them why kill them?

Males don't turn females to males, they pollinate them to where your bud is all seedy. You smoke males?? How's that goin for you?

Latest posts

Back