n00b question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j.d.

Reaction score
finally got a couple seeds to grow after dropping to my knees and pleading to them for mercy
got a few days growth outta them and i wake up one mornin and what do i find?

a slug from outta nowhere munched on my first two initial sprout leaves! :eek: *** now theres just a couple little nubs growing out of the ground

Is there any recovery from this kind of damage when a slug sucks off the just germinated sprout leaves

found the slug and killed him for eatin my medicine. really ruined my 4th of july

Blow him up... It will make you feel better. When a slug got to my sprout the plant died, but It is possible for a recovery.

The nubs are probably toast.:(

Try again, but this time, surround your seeds with some copper. Slugs and snails HATE copper. You can get copper tape from the hardware store.

Same thing happened to me a few years ago with some basil. Overnight, my plants were just little stalks at ground level. I found a pair of green-stained snails nearby, too fat to move, the bastards!

Good luck!

My solution to slug/snail problems:
I put cereal bowls filled 1/4 with beer around the garden. That's a quick kill. Then I scatter Snarol around for long-term protection.

another seed sprouted yesterday so i guess well see what happens. it was seedboutique stuff but so far only like 3 out of 20 seeds sprouted. whats up with that? now all my hopes are pinned to one plant, and no telling what sex it will be.

will j.d ever get his weed? will the bugs eat it again? will he flush it all down the friggin toilet in a paranoid fit like last time? stay tuned

ok, remember i got a new seed to geminate finally after my last one got its leaves sucked off by a slug? it has grown nicely the past few days and the tiniest baby leaves on it. Bout an inch tall. Life is good. thought I would put it outside in the daylight today.

******* rained for two minutes outta nowhere and i go outside to see *** and find my little baby BENT IN HALF!!! :eek:

Stem didnt break open but it was bent in half by the rain!

Now I ask you - is there any recovery from this???? I straightened it out delicately and gave it a little stick for support. Will it continue growing? or am i screwed

what type off 300 watt is it.. and whay are you trying to run it with a battery?... Need more details bro.

Latest posts

Back