N00b

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dust-ed

Reaction score
Hello to all fellow smokers :). I'm in need of some help, I am just over a month into my first grow. Only one plant. The day before I transplanted her she started to get a small yellow spot on one of the bottom leafs. I first used soil out of my backyard, yes I did sterilize it in the oven first. When I did the transplant I used miracle grow soil and MG noots(24-8-16 I believe).
The leaf that is yellowing/looks like something took a chunk out ofit maybe? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Forgot to mention I got it under a 450watt hp light(only since the transplant).

I'll post pics when I get home from work tonight.

So if u look closely in the first pic u can see what I'm talking about. It's the second set of leafs from the bottom. Look at the one on the left and u can see it on the leaf.

View attachment image.jpg

:welcome: To Marijuana Passion, Dusted.

Got a pic of the yellow spot? Not see'in it.

I see a very light yellowing towards the outermost leaf edge.

MG products are notoriously not suited for cannabis.

Welcome to MP... I also don't see it. Like 7 said, MG and Cannabis don't often work well together. You would be better off getting some actual nutrients like General Hydroponics.

Thanks for the quick feed back! I'm goin to the hydro store tomorrow to get proper noots...

I will take a pic of the spot as soon as I get home.

As for the MG I've only fed her it twice... Flush and new noots?

Transplant from that soil to something organic or at the very least some sort of soil w/o time release ferts added to it.

Yeah flushing that soil will only release more nutrients. You should transplant to a neutral soil or one of the soils made for MJ. I use Miracle Grow Seed Starter Mix because it's the only soil they make without those time release long time feeding nutrients.

Did you cut away any of that leaf? Almost looks like something was munching on it.

Nope. It appears to be a rip in the leaf. U just can't see the other part, although it is there still just on the top of the leaf. Here's another issue I'm seeing, weird wave like things on some leafs.

And then there's this one that is starting to look like it may be dying. Also take note of any little yellow spots u might see. Then tip of the leaf is the worst

I think the light was to close for it's comfort. Anybody think she's trying to flower?

That plant is not even sexually mature yet. It does not have alternating nodes so no telling if it is a boy or girl right now. Definitely not flowering.

Yea I didn't think so. Just was curious cuz my extension cord crapped out on me and it was in darkness between 10-12 hrs, just making sure. I am very new to this and this is my first plant so I don't have very much knowledge but I am this far...

Thanks. Plant is doing very well and getting nice and big now :)
Recently did a FIM job. Still need to learn how to trim it up a bit nicer though.

Latest posts

Back