Nanners I Curse You To Hades!!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SensiStarFan

Reaction score
:mad: :angrywife: :chuck: :watchplant:

:rant: :rant: :rant:

4-9-11 007.JPG 4-9-11 010.JPG 4-9-11 011.JPG

NYC Diesel; supposed to be a 10 week strain, just passed 8 weeks of flower. Now I have to decide it I want to go ahead and pull her or fight the nanners and try pulling them off (I only see a few but surely more are coming now) I'm probably just going to pull her, it would be a bad idea to risk getting pollen on the other ladies in the flowering area.

-SSF-

Sorry to see this happen to you, SSF! Pulling is probably best, will any of it be salvageable?

Sucks brosef.....at least you got her this far into flower and will get some smoke off her...even if it didn't go the distance it shld still be worth smoking.
Probably quite a head high with not a lot of body...but you never know till ya smoke it...:)

Damned He/She's!

Looks like it might be worth trying to squeeze out some oil from it.

Might be able to get a few highs off it that way.

....ok. A few hours of reflection and bongloads of Sensi Star later I am ready to take the good with the bad. The nanners showing up are probably the results of me, not the beans. I had to screw with their light schedule for two days in a row because of repairmen doing work in my home starting 3 days before the nanners showed and I think this is the result. (Basically I had the lights off for 3-6 hours in the middle of the plant's "daytime" while people were here). I spent a good amount of time checking over the 4 other monster girls in my flowering area and none of them are showing any signs of nanners. The other plants are; an LA Ultra, 2 Sensi Stars, and one other NYC Diesel that is a different pheno.
This was my first time growing the NYC Diesel AND also trying to grow a 10 week strain so I am sure my nute feedings were not what the plant needed exactly. I saw a little burn as well as some slight yellowing leaves here and there so the nute mix for this one is not yet right at all. In other words I stressed her.....but I honestly didn't think it was enough to start throwing nanners at me :(

At this point I am planning on chopping it down tomorrow. I have three clones from this plant and I plan on growing them out again. This strain was looking and smelling great so I am not ready to give up on her yet. If they hermie again without me making any mistakes then I will be sure it is the genetics and not me.

So it is time to spin this story like a seasoned politician........
Ok first of all......anyone want brownies? I think I might just take the few buds with nanners (less than 25% of the plant so far) and make a batch of cannabutter. Second, this just frees up more space in my flower area for me to focus the lights down on the remaining plants for the last two weeks of flower and give them even more light/attention. Third, even if this plant is not a genetic hermie and I grow it out again and it is fine I will have at least learned that it does have a very low stress-to-hermie threshold. Fourth, I was beginning to see cloudy trichs so even though it is supposed to be a 10 week strain it is a couple days into week 8 and might still smoke well.

-SSF-

2 things..

1, when you have anything in your room that can be traced to anything diesel, ya gotta expect you might see nanners. Face it, it's what diesel is known for...

2, 8 weeks and a few days? What are you afraid of? take it to 10 man. Gremlins aren't gonna crawl out of your plants :D. And another week and a few days isn't really going to fill your room with unwanted beans. You might get those wee tiny tibs, but it ain't nuthin' brother.. Let it go, man.. Let it go and enjoy :)

Just make sure you run a humidifier real good through your room before your next flip.

EDIT: Ok, 3 things... 3, I now see it's NYCD.. Err.. Scratch #1.. #2 still applies.... Call me, we'll toke ;)

SensiStarFan said:
....ok. A few hours of reflection and bongloads of Sensi Star later I am ready to take the good with the bad. The nanners showing up are probably the results of me, not the beans. I had to screw with their light schedule for two days in a row because of repairmen doing work in my home starting 3 days before the nanners showed and I think this is the result. (Basically I had the lights off for 3-6 hours in the middle of the plant's "daytime" while people were here). I spent a good amount of time checking over the 4 other monster girls in my flowering area and none of them are showing any signs of nanners. The other plants are; an LA Ultra, 2 Sensi Stars, and one other NYC Diesel that is a different pheno.
This was my first time growing the NYC Diesel AND also trying to grow a 10 week strain so I am sure my nute feedings were not what the plant needed exactly. I saw a little burn as well as some slight yellowing leaves here and there so the nute mix for this one is not yet right at all. In other words I stressed her.....but I honestly didn't think it was enough to start throwing nanners at me :(

At this point I am planning on chopping it down tomorrow. I have three clones from this plant and I plan on growing them out again. This strain was looking and smelling great so I am not ready to give up on her yet. If they hermie again without me making any mistakes then I will be sure it is the genetics and not me.

So it is time to spin this story like a seasoned politician........
Ok first of all......anyone want brownies? I think I might just take the few buds with nanners (less than 25% of the plant so far) and make a batch of cannabutter. Second, this just frees up more space in my flower area for me to focus the lights down on the remaining plants for the last two weeks of flower and give them even more light/attention. Third, even if this plant is not a genetic hermie and I grow it out again and it is fine I will have at least learned that it does have a very low stress-to-hermie threshold. Fourth, I was beginning to see cloudy trichs so even though it is supposed to be a 10 week strain it is a couple days into week 8 and might still smoke well.

-SSF-
nv is correct in that you aren't likrly to get full grown, viable seeds in 10 or so days.
It does not, however excuse the fact that it hermied with only minimal stress..."IMO"..

cuts will exhibit the 'exact same' tendencies. ;)

Hick said:
:eek:.... sorry 'bout your darn luck sensi..:eek:
could you add the appropriate info to this.:)----> http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51527
thanks ssf...:eek:

I don't think that fiddling with your light caused this, especially if the nanners showed up only 3 days later. I have frequent power outages and have never had hermies from the lights on being interrupted.

I thought the same thing THG, not likely stress from the nutes either, or at least mine don't stress that much and my nute issues are all over the place!

hey NV, will running hi humidity clean a room of pollen?

if so, how high for how long?

thanks everyone for the advice. Hick I will toss this over in the hermie tracking thread I guess. I was thinking I was the cause of the nanners comming out and didn't want to spread bad info about the strain being a hermie if it was my fault. But if you all think it is really the strain and not my mistake I will post the details in that thread.

If I do allow it to go the last 10 days or so I am worried some nanners might burst and I don't want to have to deal with pollen in the closet and having to clean everything completely.

I did not even think about this but I could seperate it in a closet by itself and let it finish flowering under an extra 400HPS but again I don't want to have to deal with pollen being released.

-SSF-

dman1234 said:
hey NV, will running hi humidity clean a room of pollen?

if so, how high for how long?

Here is what's sad.. For a greater population of breeders than ever before, breeding is about money, and it really shows. I receive beans from all over the place and in the last two years I have probably only popped maybe 2 bean packs that have made it through completely, 100% clean. I would say another 7 or 8 that showed at least one nanner all the way to full blown grow room tear down. And, believe it or not, the same goes for the so called Cali club clone scene, which is more like obscene. Try running something from Suge.. God almighty, remember that club cut Bubba I had from two years ago? And I kept running the stupid thing because I was certain it was something I was doing lol?

I only say that to then say this....;)

I run a humidifier in my room between every grow. One full tank of water (it's a little tank, takes like 6 to 8 hours). Turn it on high, close your room and just walk away.. When you come back, flip on the fans and exhaust and dry very well. When you do come back in it will look and feel like someone has been taking an extrememly hot shower in there for 3 or 4 days.. This is guaranteed pollen death with extreme prejudice.

I should throw in a little disclaimer here... If there is an existing mildew/mold problem in your grow room, the humidifier won't fix that.

SSF keep in mind that nanners thrown late in flower can be sterile...not a guarantee but they can be. I wld hold her hand and help her walkout the last 10 days....pick off the nanners as they show and give your room a good cleaning after the grow. Jmo

And nv thanks for the humidifier tip....

Oh yeah, and Hammy is right on the money there.. I should add this in to the figures above... In all 'fairness'.. Had I stuck to the flowering times as suggested by the breeders, I may have avoided a few of those nanners... But who does that?? Guess if a breeder says 7 weeks, maybe that really means hermie free til 7 weeks? lol

Thanks NV, this is good info, its an easy precaution to take and alot easier than scrubbing the whole room.

dman1234 said:
Thanks NV, this is good info, its an easy precaution to take and alot easier than scrubbing the whole room.

Hey D! Just so you know that it is singular in task.. It will kill pollen, but won't clean your room for you :( That part you still have to do by hand :D

I hear ya, but to run a humidifer for a day, wipe down walls and do a sulphur burn, thats easy, i will be making this my new, between crop ritual.

Thx

Latest posts

Back