Nanners or not???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Rosebud

Hi peeps,
Could you tell me if this is a nanner? This is Satori A.

Thank you. If you can't tell I will take some more pictures.

DSCF0896.JPG

DSCF0897.JPG

Give it some time Rose, there is no danger yet, but it is giving me a male kind of feeling.

I see things that is shaped like a "club" in cards. Then there are those things that have a hair coming out and that is female right?

I 95% Sure without you saying you seen a hair that it is FEMALE,,And now that you said a White hair I am 100% sure it is Female :)

I don't see anything there that wld make me trash that plant or even pull it from my tent and segregate it.
Sense this plant is not even flowering yet we wld be looking for balls more then nanners... Nanners are the male parts that show in buds and usually late in flowering with certain "elite" strains....late in flower I believe there is a good chance they wld be sterile and I don't really worry too much. Just pluck and keep an eye out.

Before the plant even begins to bud they wld look more like normal male "gear" I believe. I have had my fair share of new females get a bit of spade type growth that turned out to be no problem so I wld hold off on doing anything rash.
I must say I am rocked on some good Jamaican bud and every single thing I just typed cld be nothing more then dog farts....:D

I'm in the same boat with some Aussie genetics...

It looks like a "spade" but will eventually shoot a pistol out of the middle of it...Only if its a female...

If its a male the spade will kinda mutate to grow more "balls" around it.

I cannot tell from the pics yet. New growth is often mistaken for female flowers. Give it some time and you will know for sure.

420_Osborn said:
I'm in the same boat with some Aussie genetics...

It looks like a "spade" but will eventually shoot a pistol out of the middle of it...Only if its a female...

If its a male the spade will kinda mutate to grow more "balls" around it.

The balls are very Distinct, they show Balls First. If you Look at Rosebuds pic right at the spot were the balls would show, (duno the word for them) form a POINT. IME Males Never do that, they are always More Round and really look like a small stem with Balls!,, I'm sure that is a female Rosebud, in one or two days you will know For sure. I put Circles on Her Pic of what I talking about. Good Luck! :)

points.JPG

The Hemp Goddess said:
I cannot tell from the pics yet. New growth is often mistaken for female flowers. Give it some time and you will know for sure.

Ohh,,THG ---That's Female lol,, Watch me be wrong,, Naa it's Female.

Fine looking plant there Rose, just beautiful!

Give it a few more days, that may put a pistle out.

420_Osborn said:
Thats what I was trying to convey ;)

Ya I know Sorry, Was just kinda adding to your point I guess or trying to show what we are saying. ;) :D

Most times for me the plants that give me the most trouble sexing wind up female...it seems I constantly mistake new growth for the start of male sacs...once you have a cpl dealings with actual males and realize just how much time you have before their lil balls become a danger to your crop you won't worry so much. Jmo

BudLover#69 said:
The balls are very Distinct, they show Balls First. If you Look at Rosebuds pic right at the spot were the balls would show, (duno the word for them) form a POINT. IME Males Never do that, they are always More Round and really look like a small stem with Balls!,, I'm sure that is a female Rosebud, in one or two days you will know For sure. I put Circles on Her Pic of what I talking about. Good Luck! :)

What you circled are exactly what i meant. Thank you guys. I will retake pic's in a few days and I won't toss any away. They are seven weeks. Thank you.

Hamster you are right I need to know how long from balls to pollen.

TC, thank you sweetie. They are glad to be out of the closet. ha. Isn't everyone. How is your weather? Ours is still in the 60s and icky. I hope yours warmed up.

We will see what happens, but i dont see anything to indicate it a female at this point. jmo

nothing would make me happier than to be wrong though.

dman1234 said:
We will see what happens, but i dont see anything to indicate it a female at this point. jmo

nothing would make me happier than to be wrong though.

I agree dman...I don't see anything there that makes me think female at this point either. It doesn't look like alternating nodes in those pics either but 7 weeks is a long time to veg and not get alternating nodes.

no kidding Hamster, the guy at the grow shop said that if they are under 24 hour light they won't show. He didn't say when they would. I haven't grown from seed in 35 years so I don't remember a thing.
I had never heard of that. I thought they were supposed to show at 4-6 weeks.
Thanks a lot.

Rosebud, in your first pic, on the bottom left node I kinda see some wierd growth and I saw that some thing on one of my plants recently and it turned out female. It doesnt look like a normal calyx and it was only one spot. I thought for sure it was male and almost trashed it. The rest of my plant was normal calyxs with pisils though.

Latest posts

Back