Necessity is the mother of invention and I NEED help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ill put some pics up in a couple hours... Just got back in bed after sayin good morning to the ladies. I have a timer that will let me do 3 mins a week or whatever other time frame, actually I have to specify which day of the week so it could only be on thursdays for example, not every 6th day... OK fallin ssleeeopppp

it said minute-by-minute accuracy, only the digital version though. says you can program a week's light schedule. i haven't been able to find a FULL description as to all that it can do, but im still looking

pdf of the instructions booklet: hxxp://www.zilla-rules.com/assets/003/9534.pdf

im actually pretty impressed with how much this timer can do for only 30$

haha what timer?? I also don't have access to normal stores and shipping something here is out of the question...

here are some pics... i think my ladies are really stunted so BE NICE! hah thanks for all the continuing help!

sMACk

I know theres only 7 plants in the pic and I said 8 (for you smartasses out there)... one of them hermied and bit so it got sent outside as punishment. Im deciding whether or not to allow it back, I would think not tho...

room.jpg

bud.jpg

Put them in a bathtub or shower. Hang your fluoros over the top. Set up a drip system. I don't trust drip systems to not drip too much (I have used them alot), hence the tub or shower. A small fan blowing on them should keep them cool.

the bathtub is just for drainage right? Should I be using the faucet for the drip system? There is a problem with that also, the water here is very alkaline and full of **** so I haven't been able to use it for watering.

Goddess, is a drip system like what shortbus was describinng or somehting else? Also the bathtub(only bathtub/shower in the house), is on a wall with a huge window. The window has reflective material on it so you cant see in, but light still gets through. Wont that effect the plants light cycle?
Maybe the runoff in the grow room will help add to the humidity here, its very dry...

sMACk

The bathtub is for drainage and because those damn drip emitters never work like they are supposed to.

Fill something (tote, cooler, etc) with good water, use a pump, and set up a drip like shortbus mentioned. It is fairly easy to find something to temporarily block light from a window...that is probably the least of your worries.

ok, sounds good, I'm going to do it and i'll post a picture once its setup in a week or so.

Thanks again Hemp goddess, shortbus and lesso

I appreciate it!

sMACk

ShOrTbUs said:
ok, IF you're willing to make the investment...
- take your tote, drill a hole in the side about 2 -3" below the top. make the hole big enough to run the water pump power cord through.
- place water pump in tote and feed power cord through hole

I need to feed the pump power cable and the water line through the hole, or holes as they will be more air/light tight that way, right?

thanks

sMACk

I'm already stateside, here are some pics of the setup as I left it... Im really nervous about what its gonna look like when I get back.

res.jpg

closeup.jpg

setup.jpg

I don't get what you did---what is the red pipe and the white fittings?

foil might do more harm than good bro. more light would help. good luck

Yea im gonna paint the walls white instead, thought the foil would be better dull side out, but i think it mostly just contributed to the heat problem. Im workin on getting a 1000w dimmable ballast.

sMACk

Well, I got back yesteryday and everything went better than I could expect considering the circumstances. The circumstances being that I ended up being gone for almost 4 weeks instead of 2. Everything that could go wrong with trying to fly back home did go wrong... we lost our passports, and once we got new ones it took 5 trips to the airport to actually be able to fly home. We took our dog with us and that meant finding a flight that wouldnt connect through a city that had temps over 85. Well most of the US is going through a god damn heat wave which made that a little difficult. FInally after getting her classified as a support animal we were able to take her on a United flight and get the hell out of there. Finally I think weve made it and my bag shows up at the airport shredded... whatever, thats not the important stuff.
Ill let the pictures speak for themselves... I tried smoking a little of the more dry stuff and I dndt get high at all which makes me nervous. I know you should dyr and cure it, but I should be getting a little high off it, right? I am quick drying a small portion in the oven to test as well. The rest of it got either jarred and put in the cupboard or is on a rack in a cool dark area awaiting jarring.

first pic is the best one I took of how they looked when I found them.. I now wish I had focused a little more, but it was an emotional moment.. ha

second is another crap photo that is a close up of some of the more dried out bud I trimmed

third is all the stuff that is seems like it needs a little more drying before curing

Almost forgot a picture of my luggage just for kicks...
sMACk

grow.jpg

bud.jpg

dry.jpg

bag.jpg

Welcome home! Sorry about the luggage and travel issues. Let us know the rest of your curing and smoke report. It would be good to record for, even if, for posterity sake. Any chance on trich colors if any?

Glad yall and the doggie made it home safe.

Iams.

Thanks! you a big dog person or is your name and avatar iams for another reason? Feels like a stupid question now that i typed it.... ha

I will definitely report back on how the curing goes...

Could anyone enlighten me to the diff in potency when quick drying bud via the oven? I smoked some I dried in the oven for about 20 mins at as low as mine will go(no degrees on the dial, just 1, 2, 3.. etc) and got a lil buzz on, but not anything worth smoking really at all. Is that a good indicator of what I have in store when this shizz is cured?

sMACk

ive noticed a big difference myself with quick drying even very low in an oven.
keep hope, atleast youre getting something off it either way anyway.
congrats on the harvest

i think he wanted a pic of the trics to see how mature they were when they stopped growing... maybe.

Still workin on the trich pics... THough there is some other good news. I moved the drying stuff into jars and didnt have enough space so I decided to relocate the remaining bud to my grinder. Smoked and actually got high! WOO HOO! not crazy high but mellow and clean. I was just worried I was gonna end up with nothing smokable. I think the stuff I pulled before was from a more dried out plant which I imagine might effect thc and whatever else levels.
gettin geared up for the next round...
sMACk

harvest.jpg

Latest posts

Back