Need advice to help a friend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've heard that you can actually get high by holding a hit in your mouth and not allowing yourself to inhale.

He should be focusing on an infused oil if that is case
Even if not placed under tongue he can still eat a small portion and it will be absorbed in liver and he should get high. if not try a other dose in a few hrs until he finds his dose needed.

He is making the right decision,, especially with Dilaudid.
Edibles lower your BP and so does Dilaudid which can lower your BP to much. I take BP meds and have to be careful especially with Edibles. Ive had some weed that i decarbed lower my BP to 90 over 60.

Yep I agree , it may push him into the big sleep early.
I had to take Dilaudid and it made you not want to wake up.

Hi guys. I'm new to this thread. I came here to answer a question, but got confused instead. I was under the assumption that you can absorb the thc "directly" into your blood stream through mucus membranes (under the tongue), So I don't understand why you wouldn't get the same effect from suppositories. I've heard of the crazy people pouring alcohol into their rear because they get instantly drunk.
I have also read that an oil tincture will not absorb under the tongue. It just eventually gets swallowed. This brings me to my question. I am interested in making tincture from concentrates because I can't smoke it. I also don't want to wait an hour or so just to find out I did too much or too little. So, I want to make an alcohol tincture by just mixing some concentrate with the alcohol, then use it under my tongue. I have tried just concentrate on a finger, but it doesn't want to dissolve very well, and still takes an hour to feel it. I saw a guy on Youtube do it. Have you ever heard of this?

Meds can most definitely work in the Anus. There are all kinds of meds that are used that way.

Yep I agree , it may push him into the big sleep early.
I had to take Dilaudid and it made you not want to wake up.
They had me on IV morphine and a dilaudid pump that would reset every ten minutes. Morphine helped, and the dilaudid pump did nothing but screw up. Everybody that came in to fix it swore that they hadn't seen any that old since med school. When it worked, it did complimented the morphine well. Couldn't shit for a week, though.

They had me on IV morphine and a dilaudid pump that would reset every ten minutes. Morphine helped, and the dilaudid pump did nothing but screw up. Everybody that came in to fix it swore that they hadn't seen any that old since med school. When it worked, it did complimented the morphine well. Couldn't shit for a week, though.
Like squeezing an eggplant through a straw, I bet

Hi guys. I'm new to this thread. I came here to answer a question, but got confused instead. I was under the assumption that you can absorb the thc "directly" into your blood stream through mucus membranes (under the tongue), So I don't understand why you wouldn't get the same effect from suppositories. I've heard of the crazy people pouring alcohol into their rear because they get instantly drunk.
I have also read that an oil tincture will not absorb under the tongue. It just eventually gets swallowed. This brings me to my question. I am interested in making tincture from concentrates because I can't smoke it. I also don't want to wait an hour or so just to find out I did too much or too little. So, I want to make an alcohol tincture by just mixing some concentrate with the alcohol, then use it under my tongue. I have tried just concentrate on a finger, but it doesn't want to dissolve very well, and still takes an hour to feel it. I saw a guy on Youtube do it. Have you ever heard of this?
I have made tincture and tried the sublingual thing. It still doesn’t hit immediately like smoking does. Edibles, and I assume tincture, take longer to feel the effect because of how your body processes the cannabinoids. From what I have read, they get processed thru the liver and that somehow activates the THC, CBD and other goodies(I am not positive but I think the liver converts the THC to ‘delta 9’ which is a trendy thing these days). The problem with edibles and tinctures is it does take a while to feel the full effects. The only way I have been able to determine a good dosage is thru trial and error unfortunately. Have you tried vaping? It is much easier on the lungs but I don’t get the same ‘feel’ from vaping as I do from smoking. It does however, hit me quickly like smoking does.

I have made tincture and tried the sublingual thing. It still doesn’t hit immediately like smoking does. Edibles, and I assume tincture, take longer to feel the effect because of how your body processes the cannabinoids. From what I have read, they get processed thru the liver and that somehow activates the THC, CBD and other goodies(I am not positive but I think the liver converts the THC to ‘delta 9’ which is a trendy thing these days). The problem with edibles and tinctures is it does take a while to feel the full effects. The only way I have been able to determine a good dosage is thru trial and error unfortunately. Have you tried vaping? It is much easier on the lungs but I don’t get the same ‘feel’ from vaping as I do from smoking. It does however, hit me quickly like smoking does.
This article is informative. I was wrong about the delta 9 thing. It is 11 hydroxy something-or-other…

https://cannabisnow.com/11-hydroxy-thc/

What type of concentrate are you using and are you decarbing it prior to making the tinture?
Also what method are you making the tincture from , is it cold or heat processed?

What type of concentrate are you using and are you decarbing it prior to making the tinture?
Also what method are you making the tincture from , is it cold or heat processed?
I'm using rosin press concentrate. Anything from leftover trim, to flower. I take that and decarb, then add just enough Everclear to mix it up. It's kind of a catch 22. Everclear is hard to take under the tongue, but a more concentrated amount doesn't seem to want to absorb sub-lingually, so I may have to add more Everclear. I mixed it cold but I think it would mix better being warm or hot.

I'm using rosin press concentrate. Anything from leftover trim, to flower. I take that and decarb, then add just enough Everclear to mix it up. It's kind of a catch 22. Everclear is hard to take under the tongue, but a more concentrated amount doesn't seem to want to absorb sub-lingually, so I may have to add more Everclear. I mixed it cold but I think it would mix better being warm or hot.
OK looks good to go, if you are decarbing it, you are activating The THCA into THC .
You should be feeling it under the tongue sublingually if you are doing it correctly.
Let the tincture sit under your tongue and swish it around in you mouth for a min or more to allow it to better absorb.
When you dab your rosin are you getting a good buzz from it?
Could be the rosin is not that strong too.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back