Need advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wait until your plant is dry and the pot is very light when picked up

take a gallon of distilled water and pour enough into the pot until you get run off water

then test that run off water for Ph

let us know what the run off Ph is please and ppm’s

and how many weeks are you into flower again?

(I cannot believe the distilled water and cal-mag didn’t perk your plant right up..something is askew)

Again, thank you for taking the time to help me. I’m waiting for the plant to dry out. The yellowing leaves have started to curl and I think I overwatered the damn thing. Ugh. I intend to harvest by Jan 13. My Durban Poison hasn’t been watered in several days and it’s still wet and heavy. I’m using a canvas bag, it should be somewhat dry. The leaves are dark green, so maybe too much nitrogen. My Grapestomper is doing the best. It’s beautiful, but I feel with a little more experience, it would be even more beautiful. I will master flowering eventually. I’ll keep you posted.

Hello magobel did you put perlite in your soil, and do you have a fun going?

This is my ninth year growing and it gets better after a while. My biggest down fall is watering. I started a Lemon Auto and I water her a little too much I might off stunned her growth. Just keep at it you'll learn.

Again, thank you for taking the time to help me. I’m waiting for the plant to dry out. The yellowing leaves have started to curl and I think I overwatered the damn thing. Ugh. I intend to harvest by Jan 13. My Durban Poison hasn’t been watered in several days and it’s still wet and heavy. I’m using a canvas bag, it should be somewhat dry. The leaves are dark green, so maybe too much nitrogen. My Grapestomper is doing the best. It’s beautiful, but I feel with a little more experience, it would be even more beautiful. I will master flowering eventually. I’ll keep you posted.
One question, you say Canvas Bag is that water tight or can it leach excess water out also, could be killing the rots with rot if not.

One question, you say Canvas Bag is that water tight or can it leach excess water out also, could be killing the rots with rot if not.

I disappeared for awhile. Just harvested my Grapestomper. The grow will be better next time. These buds are sticky and smelly. Just not as big of a yield as I would’ve liked. I’m not sure of the difference in bags. I thought all canvas bags were created equal. I water till it comes out the bottom. Never used perlite. Should I have? Will be starting new grow soon and will come back for questions. Thanks!

I disappeared for awhile. Just harvested my Grapestomper. The grow will be better next time. These buds are sticky and smelly. Just not as big of a yield as I would’ve liked. I’m not sure of the difference in bags. I thought all canvas bags were created equal. I water till it comes out the bottom. Never used perlite. Should I have? Will be starting new grow soon and will come back for questions. Thanks!
If you used a grow bag (canvas?) that was not water tight (allows the excess to drain out) then yes I use 1/3 (33%0 pearlite to 2/3 (66%) when I mix my soil ingredients.
This allows the water to drain from the soil faster and allows the roots to dry out which the plant needs for getting Oxygen to avoid root rot.
I use these or 5 gallon buckets with drain holes drilled into them.
1641729683283.png

Also what size, I find 5-7 gallon to be fine for indoor growing
Once you get good you should be seeing 6oz or more yields

Both over and under-watering cannabis plants can lead to chlorosis. ... You will know if you have over-watered your plants because their leaves will be swollen, droopy, and yes – maybe even yellow. Under-watering is less common, since most cultivators are hyper-aware that their crop will die without proper hydration. That looks like over watering to me or under watering because the yellowing leaves are swollen and on the bottom of the plant..How=often are you watering an dhow much

I agree, I use 5 gallon mostly smart pots..As the plants get larger and runoff becomes important you want 1liter of runoff of water or nutrient water. This will keep your roots clean from build up. This was the hardest lesson for me to learn because I am a heavy feeder..I noticed several complants that my bud no matter what it was, tasted like perfume..This was excess nutrients built up in the plants. IF yoiu use a high quality fertilizer properly you shouldn't have to flush at all. Water water feed, water water feed etc. This ensures you get fresh nutrients every feeding and also ensures you wash the excess away betwen feedings

Both over and under-watering cannabis plants can lead to chlorosis. ... You will know if you have over-watered your plants because their leaves will be swollen, droopy, and yes – maybe even yellow. Under-watering is less common, since most cultivators are hyper-aware that their crop will die without proper hydration. That looks like over watering to me or under watering because the yellowing leaves are swollen and on the bottom of the plant..How=often are you watering an dhow much

I water every few days when the soil is dry at the top and the weight feels light. I water until I see water coming out the bottom. Since I posted this thread I am starting to believe I over fed using Dr Earths on FFOF. Ocean Forest is so hot it doesn’t need any nutrients from what I’m gathering. My watering practices may need some help too. Thanks for your input.

I use Ocean Forest for my indicas. No nutes during veg, but yes during flower. I take sprouts from paper towels right into solo cups of OF. Then up pot to 5 gal. Straight OF. Various indica dominate as well.

I've got a large garbage bag of of it "used" once, I keep thinking of potting it, flushing it, redry and use to make OF go further.

Bubba

I water every few days when the soil is dry at the top and the weight feels light. I water until I see water coming out the bottom. Since I posted this thread I am starting to believe I over fed using Dr Earths on FFOF. Ocean Forest is so hot it doesn’t need any nutrients from what I’m gathering. My watering practices may need some help too. Thanks for your input.
If you are in soil and they are not monster plants then I would say watering everyday is a good part of any problems, roots need to dry out to absorb oxygen to ward off rot root

I cram my finger on down all of the way, if dirt is still damp, wait a bit. I have a habit of not waiting long enough.

Bubba

Check your runoff ppm. If it's higher than what's going in then you got big problems like myself

Latest posts

Back