Need auto help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juniorgrower

Reaction score
I have a cheese auto that i received as a freebie. It is in my veg room under my T5. It is starting to bud so I was wondering if I should leave it under the t5 that runs 24/7 or should I put it outside and let it finish out there. Any advice would be much appreciated. I have never grown an auto before so this is all new to me. Thanks.

the more light the better I would leave 24 under t5

I have afghan kush ryder auto outside, keep yours inside under t5 and illl keep this outside under the sun and we compare bud densities in the end? lol.. idk how outside is turning out but Ill soon be telling you :).. 14 days in on her i think

Good plan- I'll be watching.
My autos actually require being flipped. Here they are 3 days after going to 12/12. They are 35/ 51 days old.
Supposed to flower in 8-9 weeks.

IMG_9841.JPG

Sounds like a plan Bubba. I will show pics on this thread when she is done. I must tell ya she isn't much to look at. I didn't give her all the love and attention that I do my regular plants. Its only about a foot tall. It was a freebie from the tude.

I run mine 24/7 just because I'm lazy. I've read on a auto forum that this is not a good practice. Something about it producing more males. But I get 50/50 MF ratio so I just go with whats easiest and chuck some pollen every so so I'm not out so much on seeds.

Tasty - sorry to tell ya this but it's not an auto if it won't flower without switching the lights.

This was a fem seed OldHippieChick. It started to bud a couple weeks ago, I just wasn't sure if I would be better off putting her outside or just leaving her in my veg room under my T5 light that runs 24/7. Do you flower yours under an HPS?

OldHippieChick,
Yes I would agree. Wish I had read more carefully BEFORE getting this one.
Kannabia has a new style called "MAX AUTOS" and I think they will go under 14/10 light so maybe that is why they consider them "autos" - the Mataro Blue Auto is a MAX as well. They have regular autos too.

Here is the blurb about this style from their website:
When we are asked about autoflowering varieties, we always answer that we like them as a concept. The concept of a small and fast plant applied to special needs, may make you choose them when growing.

For three years, we were looking for original genetics to contribute to the evolution of the autoflowering seeds already present in the market: Lowryder and White Dwarf (main components of our flash and gnomo varieties). We were seeking to take the Rudelaris variety to the next level, although this entailed setting aside the concept of a small and fast plant associated to commercial autoflowering varieties. It is true, we can´t play God and fully modify genetics ( some recessive genes can always be activated under certain unforeseeable conditions by commercial cannabis breeders). Therefore we assume that the variability of the sativo- rudelaris percentage should be preserved in these varieties’ genetics. This motivation made us launch Kannabia autoflowering varieties almost two years ago. These varieties are real ‘beasts’ outdoors and indoors only need photoperiod control. Sativo component extends the flowering cycle trying to fully complete the cycle of vegetative growth to produce bigger plants, and obtaining in some cases over 430 gr per plant in outdoor crops. This sativo percentage also has an influence in increasing the plant psychoactivity. We achieved a THC percentage of over 15% in most of the varieties (BIG BAND Auto reached 23%!). At last we get a product that, although is not an evolution ( in the strictest sense of the term), has become a MAXIMIZATION of Rudelaris varieties.

Due to the forthcoming launch of five new Rudelaris varieties in January 2012, we decided to create a new category in our catalogue, MAX AUTO, as the best way to highlight them. This name summarizes all the properties of these plants: top production, top psychoactivity and the best flavour.

If you are seeking to maximize your autoflowering crops, you must try Kannabia Seeds’ MAX AUTOS. Kannabia Team.

junior I am a lazy *** grower so don't think I'm trying to teach ya anything. There is a forum for auto growers out there. Do a search if you're a serious auto novice who wants to get into it. But the answer to your question is I grow mine under the T5s with a mix of grow and bloom lights - 4 of each. I save my HPS for the reg strains. The T5 doesn't require ventilation and the temps are fine with a small circulating fan blowing across the table. I can cram 8-10 square rose pots under one 8 tube 4' fixture. I've done ok with yeilds just using grow spectrum bulbs. You'll do fine. Just watch for nanners when using fem seeds.
Tasty - yeah it looks like someone is marketing a small plant well. I could see these strains being appealing to people outdoors in countries with short summers. It sounds like this co is trying to compete with the auto iranian - good for them. That co (Dr Greensomethingorother?) only sells fem seeds because they want repeat customers. I didn't decide to grow my own just so I could trade in a pot dealer for a seed dealer. But that's just my take on it. cheers.

tastyness said:
OldHippieChick,
Yes I would agree. Wish I had read more carefully BEFORE getting this one.
Kannabia has a new style called "MAX AUTOS" and I think they will go under 14/10 light so maybe that is why they consider them "autos" - the Mataro Blue Auto is a MAX as well. They have regular autos too.

Here is the blurb about this style from their website:

IMO, if you have to change the light cycle, they are not autos, despite what anyone want to call them. I also have to express some disbelief that an auto is going to produce 430 grams outdoors and test at 15-23% THC.

Photoperiod plants can also be put under 14/10 light. Are they just calling these autos because it has ruderalis in it?

Thanks for the info OldHippieChick but I think I will stick to my regulars. My cheese auto is a pretty sad excuse for a flowering plant. Mostly my fault I really didnt even care if it made it. Been way too busy trying to do mother natures job for her(watering my outside plants). She doesn't seem to think its her responsibility at all.lol

i have a few auto plants on a veg growth cycle. i am feeding flora series grow micro bloom. i was wondering what i should feed it? are they in veg growth or bloom? help please i am six weeks growth already. looks like they are burning a little. the tips of the leaves are yellow and curled. i need some suggestions please. thank you

I am definitely no auto expert, but I gave mine veg nutes until I saw it start to flower then gave it half and half for a couple weeks then gave it all flowering nutes. Mine is close to harvest but its a sad little plant, because I kept it in a 1 gal pot and didnt pay very close attention too it. Hopefully some of the experts around here can give you a better idea of how to fix your plants. Good luck!

It may not have been the pot or anything else you did. Some autos are just sad little plants. I personally have never really harvested much from the freebie autos I have received. I simply do not grow them at all any more.

I will post a pic later and show ya just how sad it is. Do you just toss the auto seeds away? It did just kind of take up space, and smelled my veg room up!

Latest posts

Back