Need Cal/Mag? Week 7 flower getting rough...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I didn't tied my own trellis net it's just the usual 6 inch ones by vivosun and attached with some zip ties.

I don't know what the parent company is called but if you Google veg + bloom it's the first one up there and it'll take your plants all the way through. You just have to adjust the concentration and it contains all the micronutrients.

I believe that the fox farms is good to start your plants in due to it being pH'd correctly and contains some nutrients for early veg, then after that you have to add your own.

My space is 18 x 36 x 60 inches so it's really not big at all. Luckily I'm patient as I found some retail bud for $8 for bottom bag buds for 1/8 oz. Bottom bag stuff is good enough until mine replace it!!!

Btw I loved your first post "I dont know what bud is". It gave me a great laugh that I haven't done in years!!!! It really brightened my day!

Attachments

• 16475713103266991730478029124529.jpg
    16475713103266991730478029124529.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 4
So I didn't tied my own trellis net it's just the usual 6 inch ones by vivosun and attached with some zip ties.

I don't know what the parent company is called but if you Google veg + bloom it's the first one up there and it'll take your plants all the way through. You just have to adjust the concentration and it contains all the micronutrients.

I believe that the fox farms is good to start your plants in due to it being pH'd correctly and contains some nutrients for early veg, then after that you have to add your own.

My space is 18 x 36 x 60 inches so it's really not big at all. Luckily I'm patient as I found some retail bud for $8 for bottom bag buds for 1/8 oz. Bottom bag stuff is good enough until mine replace it!!!

Btw I loved your first post "I dont know what bud is". It gave me a great laugh that I haven't done in years!!!! It really brightened my day!

Glad you enjoyed that post, and I'm still unsure exactly what a bud is.. Harvest coming in a few weeks, hopefully I'll figure it out !

I grabbed some Dynagrow Bloom to take care of my macro nutrient needs, I'll be watering with it tonight.

Last edited:
these spots here circled in light green are an indication of what’s to come later circled in orange and that looks like micro nutes, not an NPK problem. A lot of micro nutes, most actually, give similar looking issues when deficient.

Thanks! There are a lot of possibilities as to what's going wrong here but I appreciate your advice on Micro-nutes. I'm using a Dyna-grow product (Bloom and Mag Pro) and just watered with Bloom tonight. I know it's a bit late but I'm hoping the plant get what it needs. It's worth a shot I guess.

I'm 8 weeks in, leaves are yellowing and moving up the plant fast. If it progresses into my flowers, I'll chop early.
_DSC4098_001.jpg
_DSC4095_001_01.jpg
_DSC4092_00001.jpg

Man... My first few grows yellowed the same way. I never knew why. I ran them the whole way to ripeness anyway (~30% amber trichs) and got some good smoke out of them. Don't get discouraged. I can't see your trichs, but your overall plants look close to the finish line to me. I'd finish them out to ripeness if they were mine yellow leaves it not. Just my two pennies.

dyna grow 1 part grow formula didnt fix micro deficiency. Of all the products out there I tried this before doubling my micro GH3 part.
Yellow nug is free of chlorophyll, so that’s one positive 😝

Man... My first few grows yellowed the same way. I never knew why. I ran them the whole way to ripeness anyway (~30% amber trichs) and got some good smoke out of them. Don't get discouraged. I can't see your trichs, but your overall plants look close to the finish line to me. I'd finish them out to ripeness if they were mine yellow leaves it not. Just my two pennies.

Trics are mainly cloudy now with a few clear, no amber. I grew the same strain last grow and went 70 days of flower, I still had very few amber trics. Nothern Lights is supposed to be a fast flowering strain, going 7-9 weeks in flower. I plan to try for 75 days this grow, watching for amber trics. Hopefully she can make it another three weeks!

Side note: raising my lights 2 inches has really slowed down the yellowing. (12 inches from flower tops, I was at 10)

I'm also watering a 3 gallon pot with 1 gallon of water. (I was using 1/3 to 1/2 gallon water). I'd like to think these "mini" flushes help clear any salt buildup if there is a problem there. My runnoff water is yellow with a PH of 6.2

Last edited:
dyna grow 1 part grow formula didnt fix micro deficiency. Of all the products out there I tried this before doubling my micro GH3 part.
Yellow nug is free of chlorophyll, so that’s one positive 😝

You used dyna grow Grow and still had deficiencies? not good news for me ! I'm outta tricks at this point.

Chopping early stinks and I want to avoid it. It seems to me that the last few weeks are very important as far as bud weight goes, I really want these to plump up! So far all flowers look very healthy and I'd like to think the plant is eating its fan leaves to make her flowers bigger (wishful thinking). My last grow, the brown leaves crept into my flowers making very ugly buds. I want pretty buds this time !

Chopping early stinks and I want to avoid it. It seems to me that the last few weeks are very important as far as bud weight goes, I really want these to plump up! So far all flowers look very healthy and I'd like to think the plant is eating its fan leaves to make her flowers bigger (wishful thinking). My last grow, the brown leaves crept into my flowers making very ugly buds. I want pretty buds this time !
You'll get there homie. Just don't sacrifice all the time you got invested in this. You'll regret it I've had uglier plants than that give me decent buds 😁

You'll get there homie. Just don't sacrifice all the time you got invested in this. You'll regret it I've had uglier plants than that give me decent buds 😁

It's all good, I'm learning but the more I learn, the more I learn that I have a lot more to learn. I'm not only on weed forums but am all over the place learning how plants and gardening works. I may be a newbie, but I'm not a blind follower and do question many of the things many growers do. Example? The nutrient flush the last two weeks of flower --I'm not buying that. I'm not saying its wrong, I'm just saying I question things and think about them...I want to understand exactly what's going on, not just follow some snake oil sellers feed schedule.

And I'm still not exactly sure what a bud is. Is there anyway to go live here with some folks during trim time? I'll show you why I'm confused as to what a bud/flower/cola/ is...

Out of curiosity, on a scale of 1-10 how bad is this grow looking? ) (1 bad 10 good)

This is Bombtombadil, I was silly and changed my email so folks couldn't see it. Not a good move if you reset your password wrong. Anyway, I have some updates coming. My harvest is in a week, she is still a bit rough but the flowers are getting heavy and look great.

As you get closer to the very end sometimes the buds will suck out many of the remaining goodies and nutrients stored up in the leaves while they are finishing. I have had that happen several times. Usually it is just bigger fan leaves though and not the sugar leaves coming out of the actual buds.

The yellowing looks ok imo this close to harvest I would ride it out

So, I looked at some pictures that Nirvana had for its Northern Lights buds. Guess what, the plants look just like mine! The leaves are yellowing, flowers getting big and plump.

This is my second grow of the same strain, and it did this last time too. (Around week 7) I'm starting to think this might be normal or at least I'd like to think so.

I'll probably harvest when trics turn cloudy and forget about amber. I've been all over the internet on this, and I'm not alone waiting for amber trics that never come. The buds I trimmed a few weeks ago look amazing ! A nice light green with red hairs, I love it. I also sampled the early buds and the high is so different than late harvesting. My buds from last harvest (10 weeks) make me head for the couch. My Early buds (week 7) have me up jamming on my guitar. So, I'm thinking 9 weeks total this time is good middle ground.

As you get closer to the very end sometimes the buds will suck out many of the remaining goodies and nutrients stored up in the leaves while they are finishing. I have had that happen several times. Usually it is just bigger fan leaves though and not the sugar leaves coming out of the actual buds.

My last grow was like that until the end of week 10, buds looked great, almost all fans leaves were in bad shape. It did start to creep into my sugar leaves towards the end. Its a real hassle getting all of those brown sugar leaves off the bud especially if you dry trim, I'll wet trim this plant.

Last edited:
Frosty ! Smells so sweet, like honey and the smell of a dollar bill. (if that makes sense).. I swear I could roll in these buds instead of wearing cologne.

_DSC4112_001.jpg

Dad, are we there yet?

Temp hanging in at 72, humidity 37%. I'm thinking 1-2 weeks max. They say if you're not sure, add a week.

Newbie Whining:

I've researched Northern Lights probably more than any human alive. I've tallied almost 100 NL grows, and the average harvest time was 56 days after 12/12---Its supposed to be a fast flowering plant and almost all breeders say 7-9 weeks, (Many warn to start checking at week 6 and some finish that early) It took me 2.5 weeks from 12/12 to flower, I'm almost in week 10. So the question, is it 7-9 weeks or 7-9 weeks + 2.5 weeks? It really pisses me off that half of the breeders recommend flower time from 12/12 and half from flower start. Whining complete.

90% of my pistols are dark now. Pictures below were taken today with a Nikon DLSR and a old manual focus 55 mm Macro Lense. (I'll make them look better next shot to show trichomes better.)

The Dyna Grow helped, great stuff. I'm using Bloom and Mag Pro. (Fox farm trio in the trash can)

_DSC4125_001.jpg
_DSC4132_001.jpg
_DSC4153_001.jpg

Attachments

• _DSC4129_001.jpg
    _DSC4129_001.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
If anyone remembers my "I don't know what a bud is, " thread, this may explain why I'm confused as to what a bud is. If you look at the cloth pot picture above, take a look at the big cola all the way to the left. The very top is obviously a flower. (I get it) What I don't get is the massive pile of leaves piling up in the middle and lower end of the cola. Is that flower or just leaves? Now, I'm off to research lollipop-Ing plants. I have a feeling I'm missing an important step if it is all leaves at the bottom.

This is Bombtombadil, I was silly and changed my email so folks couldn't see it. Not a good move if you reset your password wrong. Anyway, I have some updates coming. My harvest is in a week, she is still a bit rough but the flowers are getting heavy and look great.
Yep you had us Mods trying to figure out why the hell you were trying to log in under a different name.
Fking stoner 😁

Yep you had us Mods trying to figure out why the **** you were trying to log in under a different name.
Fking stoner 😁

Feels good to be back, there are really good people here. I tried another forum and it's a constant argument there. (people arguing with each other). No fun.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back