Need help deciding where to put these babies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigTree420

Reaction score
Ok so I'll start off by saying I have done a few auto grows in the past...however back then I had specific grows dedicated to just autos (lowryder 2s) which I ran under 400watt hps at 18/6 and they did awesome...anyways I currently have a veg room that runs t5s at 24 hours a day and a flower room with 2 - 1000 watt hps on 12/12...now on my last order from the attitude I received a couple auto strains...would they be better off in my flower room along with the others at 12/12? Because I doubt they would like 24hrs of light and I really don't want to put my whole veg room on an 18/6 schedule...anyone encountered a similar problem? I mean I can hold onto them until next years outdoor season starts if I have to but I really would like to throw them in now for a little extra variety...

I have run autos in my reg flower room before. The only difference I noticed was a slight decrease in yield. Other than that no worries.:)

IMO, autos will do better with 24 hour light than they will with 12 hours of light. The preferred light schedule for autos is 20/4, but they can be run at 24/0 just fine.

Hmm maybe I'll do an expiriment and throw one in each just to see the difference...I know the light intensity would be a lot better with the hps than with the t5's but if I'm not mistaken autos do better under a different spectrum like with MH...someone correct me if I'm wrong here

I've done both and honestly.. I didn't really notice a difference. It was kind of a "wherever I had room for it" plant usually. I've gotten 2oz's from them before.. pretty sweet! hah

One time I had an auto that I moved around in different tents, and just fed it "left overs" of whatever nute I had mixed up at the time. She only gave me a 1/4 dry, but I tell you that 1/4 was excellent! LOL :D

Northern Light Blue is a wonderful auto by the way. I've run that 3 times with quality results each time. :aok:

People I know that do autos run the lighting spectrum much like photoperiod plants. Start with blue light and then when they start budding put them into red light. Most run their lights 20/4. I think that longer light will make more bud when dealing with autos.

Hmm maybe time to invest in a tent just for some autos on the side lol...well I think I will prly stick them in my veg room for now and see how they do

I have been growing a couple autos this summer and I started mine in 24hr lite and kept them under that until they began to flower. Then I moved them under the HPS and set the cycle to go off for an hour at 11am then come on for an hour, and continue to cycle on/off every hour until I have 4hrs dark time total. They have flourished under this light schedule and are producing some nice frosty buds for me. :)

Latest posts

Back