need help fast

Grownincali420

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
239
Reaction score
38
im staring my 12/12 tonight coming off my 18/6..now heres my question

i want to run the light on from 5:30 AM to 5:30PM..right now the cycle is on from 2:30Am-8:30Pm

should i start the 12 hours now and cut my lights out right now and turn the hps on at 530Am or let the veg light run until 8:30pm and cut the back on at 5:30AM??
 

THCPezDispenser

Makka Pakka Smoka Doob
Joined
Sep 9, 2007
Messages
771
Reaction score
773
I don't think a few hours either way is going to matter if the plants are pre-flowering and you will be consistent when you start. However, just an observation, if you will be tending to your plants in the evening, you should probably have the schedule reversed, even a little bit of light during the 12/12 dark period will screw things up. If you are tending to them in the day, never mind, giddy up :)
 

Grownincali420

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
239
Reaction score
38
THCPezDispenser said:
I don't think a few hours either way is going to matter if the plants are pre-flowering and you will be consistent when you start. However, just an observation, if you will be tending to your plants in the evening, you should probably have the schedule reversed, even a little bit of light during the 12/12 dark period will screw things up. If you are tending to them in the day, never mind, giddy up :)

im mainly worried about privacy and i think earlier hours would be better and less stressful for me...but im open to whatevr you think would be most beneficial to my girls

this adds to my problem..im growing with someone for this first time and he's one of those "mr know it all" cats...let me post pics in a couple seconds and you all can tell me if its time to flower
 
H

HGB

Guest
not sure why you need help fast......

doesn't really matter how you go to 12/12 just as long as you do IMHO.....

I flip mine to suit my needs ;)

ditch the grow partner as well.... rule #1. never tell anyone your growing
 

jjsunderground

joseph james
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
731
Reaction score
163
just switch em over when ever. id bring em on around 7 am to 7 pm myself.
 

Grownincali420

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
239
Reaction score
38
alright, here are pics as promised

DSCN0932.JPG


DSCN09281.JPG


DSCN09271.JPG


DSCN0931.JPG


DSCN0930.JPG


DSCN0929.JPG


DSCN0928.JPG


DSCN0927.JPG


DSCN0926.JPG


DSCN0925.JPG
 

clever_intuition

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2007
Messages
1,029
Reaction score
196
Man they are not ready yet. I know you can throw a plant into flower at any time but you are going to have problems and not get what you are thinking you are.
 

Grownincali420

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
239
Reaction score
38
thats whats i thought! but the info i was given is that i have a small space and the clones will triple in size during the flowering stage
 

clever_intuition

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2007
Messages
1,029
Reaction score
196
Check out my grow log. My plant was 1 foot tall before I threw her into flower.
 

clever_intuition

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2007
Messages
1,029
Reaction score
196
Grownincali420 said:
thats whats i thought! but the info i was given is that i have a small space and the clones will triple in size during the flowering stage

This is true for all MJ plants. In my own opinion I would let them grow and establish them selves before you do this.:cool:
 

Grownincali420

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
239
Reaction score
38
HGB said:
not sure why you need help fast......

doesn't really matter how you go to 12/12 just as long as you do IMHO.....

I flip mine to suit my needs ;)

ditch the grow partner as well.... rule #1. never tell anyone your growing

it wasnt on any the fly thing..he kinda had half the equipment already and nutes, and a considerable amount of knowledge..even though now it seems its misguided info.

no one else knows
 

Grownincali420

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
239
Reaction score
38
maybe this gives a better idea..my grow space is 2 3/4fw X 3 3/4fL X 6 3/4fH from ceiling to top of rockwool cubes
 

Mutt

Just a Dawg
Joined
Jan 6, 2006
Messages
9,331
Reaction score
5,025
They are mature clones.
You can switch them now if you want...but I would wait until it has a good root system on em and you see new growth before flippin the lighting. ;)
Even after rooting it is good practice to let them veg a little while to get completely over all the stress of rooting....flower brings it's own natural stress. Plant goes through a lot of changes when forced flower.
If ht. is an issue topping after its well rooted might be a good idea...clones stretch more than a seeded plant in my experience.

Tell your "Pot"ner to get online and start reading up...There is some free grow guides in the links in my sig. makes sure before you take your freinds advice...a lot of myths out there.
 

Grownincali420

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
239
Reaction score
38
Mutt said:
They are mature clones.
You can switch them now if you want...but I would wait until it has a good root system on em and you see new growth before flippin the lighting. ;)
Even after rooting it is good practice to let them veg a little while to get completely over all the stress of rooting....flower brings it's own natural stress. Plant goes through a lot of changes when forced flower.
If ht. is an issue topping after its well rooted might be a good idea...clones stretch more than a seeded plant in my experience.

Tell your "Pot"ner to get online and start reading up...There is some free grow guides in the links in my sig. makes sure before you take your freinds advice...a lot of myths out there.

thanks for the response mutt..
now im using 4x4 rockwool cubes, so i cant tell how explosive the root growth is, but ive got roots popping out of the sides of the cubes and going out the bottom

theyve been vegging for 15 days and have shown a considerable amount of growth progress from the first day they were rooted and inserted into the medium heres my grow journal so that you can see the day 2 pics
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16844

i just want to yield as much QUALITY as i can...pretty much obvious i guess
 

Latest posts

Top