Need Help Guys

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speero_m

Traditional
Reaction score
HI GUYS...WHAT IS THE DIFF BETWEEN THE LIGHT THAT IM USING, AND THE LIGHTS I FIND ON DIFF SITES www.insidesun.com . MINE COMES ALL READY TO USE, I JUST PUT THE LAMPS MH OR HPS, AND BOTH OF THEM WORK.THEY SAY U NEED DIFF BALLASTS?? AM I USING THE WRONG LIGHT OR MY LIGHT IS MODERATLY GOOD BUT NOT THAT GOOD? HERE ARE SOME PICS OF THE LIGHT...
NOTE: A APPRECIATE A THOROUGH EXPLANATION? THANKS

light 1.jpg

light 2.jpg

Hey speero,
Those dont look like any MH or HPS Ive ever seen.Does the bulb have any writing on it?Or the ballast part??You say it has a switchable ballast,is there a switch for that??

Here Are Pics Of The Lamp One Is Written On 400w Metal Halide Daylight 50hz
High Intesity Discharge Lamp 400w 50hz

What Do U Think?

MH.jpg

MH 2.jpg

HPS.jpg

Here Are Pics Of The Lamp One Is Written On 400w Metal Halide Daylight 50hz
High Intesity Discharge Lamp 400w 50hz

What Do U Think?....

HPS.jpg

MH.jpg

MH 2.jpg

High Intensity Discharge does not always mean HPS.It could be a MH.All MH bulbs Ive seen have a bulb like shape.HPS are a little sleeker,but I hadent seen straight ones before.Never seen them before.Maybe someone else can give you some info on them.LOL.
Happy Growing
KID

on the lights it says 220v, are they plugged into a 220 outlet?

They are MH by the packaging.Maybe someone else will have a clue.LOL.
Happy Growing.KID

The Lights That Im Using....i Saw Them Mostly Used In My Country To Light Building Or On Bill Boards Or Privete Villas...i Don't Know Im Lost Now Kid...

They are MH.They should be ok for vegging.Keep an eye on the heat factor as stoney bud said.Try upgrading to a HPS for flowering if you can.Good Luck.

They Are Plugged To 220v And Here Is A Pic Of The Built In Ballast System

BALLAST.jpg

BALLAST 1.jpg

They Do Not Have Switch , That My Question How Both Of My Lamps Work The Hps And Mh....or Its That All The Lamps Are All Mh And Not Hps?

speero_m said:
They Do Not Have Switch , That My Question How Both Of My Lamps Work The Hps And Mh....or Its That All The Lamps Are All Mh And Not Hps?

I do not understand this question. lights are either MH or HPS.

The bulb in the first picture is MH.
The bulbs in the next picture are HPS.

Its very easy to tell when lit, MH is white/blue light and a HPS is orange in color.

P.S. Are you saying both of these bulbs work in that first fixture?

light_1.jpg

HPS.jpg

Exactly They Both Work..? And Yes The Mh That I Have White/blue And The Second Pic Is Hps With Orange Spectrum

Sorry speero.Im stumped here.Maybe someone else can help.The picture of the ballast says High pressure mercury.I dont belive its the same as high pressure sodium.If its more a mercury vapor lamp(which I think it is),you would be better off with something s-else for flowering.Mercury vapor are slightly out of the light spectrum plants need.I believe they run hotter too.I hope someone who Knows what these are chime in.Dont worry though.Keep the heat off the plants.Put your hand under the light for a whole minute at the top of the plants.If it gets uncomoftable,your plants wont like it either.Youll have to raise them up.LOL
PS how are the plants doing??

I think it is for mercury vapor or metal halide, but not high pressure sodium.
It might work in there but dont use it as it could cause early failiure or even fire.
But use it with the metal halide as it for sure is for that bulb.

Well These Are Todays Pics? They Seem Ok Just Moved Them To Bigger Pots...

TODAY.jpg

TODAY 2.jpg

1 WEEK.jpg

Looking good.Light seems to be working ok.theyre not stretching that teribly.Have you fertilized yet? KID

No FER, Q They Should Stretch? Shouldn't They Be Bushy?

Latest posts

Back