Need Help in Michigan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mswit10296

Reaction score
I got this today from a group I subscribe to for updates on latest MM news in Michigan, see address below. If anyone here is from Michigan you need to read this and consider signing the petition. Our AG is very much against any relaxing of the laws on marijuana. The thing that is most likely to defeat the people's will is money. The opposition (the minority) are using public funds to pontificate and legislate morals to the rest of us (the majority). Michigan MM passed with 2/3 of the electorate voting in favor. So we have to let them know that this is not acceptable. I have waited my whole life for pot to be legal and it stands a very good chance of being a distant memory once again. I can see the all knowing used car salesman smile/smirk on the minority's face as they repeat the phrase “They (us the majority just don't get it!)in their head. I am sick and tired of this ##@@&&! This is exactly how the conservatives will prevail in September 2012. I am sorry and please excuse my frankness but please “GET YOUR *** OUT AND VOTE!!

This is a cut and paste of the article please read and visit the web site:

The first thing you would notice could be inspectors coming to check out your crop (I doubt they will have the people power with budget restraints but don't give them the option). These inspectors would probably be police officers. This would be the result of your information being shared with police departments across the state. For you caregivers that would mean if a patient had dropped you and had not informed you, you would be in violation of the Public Health Code, and would be off to jail. Your property would be seized, and possibly your family brutalized and family pets killed. There would be so many new modifications to the law that could land you in jail. Some may be reaching for their copy of the law to see if something would protect them. I’m sorry even if there is text in the law to protect you, the government could violate those rules, and you would have no recourse. One of the new Bills would allow the government to violate your legal and civil rights and you couldn't sue them. You would be different from all the rest of the citizens in the state and could not use the courts to protect yourself.

Another one of these Bills would make it illegal to grow in almost every township and city in the state. Compound that with local zoning, and it would be impossible to grow. If you violated this law you would be guilty under the public health code and could be looking at 7 years in prison and a half million dollars in fines. You would of course lose your card also. This Bill would apply equally to patients and caregivers. So growing patients would not be allowed to cultivate for themselves. Patients could have to drive for hours to find medicine.

Another Bill would require a photograph on the card. Doesn't sound bad until you read the rest. This bill waters down the presumption of innocence. That means they could kick your door in and there would be no protections or defense for them doing so.

Hb 4850 would require that a person be connected in the registry to do a transfer. This means that a patient buying from someone other than his caregiver would be guilty under the public health code and could spend years in jail. No caregiver would be willing to take care of a patient not connected because the same thing would apply. This means the Michigan Medical marijuana Act would be dead. You couldn't grow it, buy it or sell it.

I think one of the worst ones would require a patient get a cert from their primary doctor. It also sets standards for the doctor. If the doctor fails to live up to standards, then the patient could spend years in jail. The patients card would be no good. So the caregiver would be in peril. State police would know about the problem in just a few minutes, so raiding the caregiver would be a slam dunk. Say goodbye to freedom, property, family and pets.

Some of the other Bills would make it impossible to find a caregiver, increase sentences for violations of these new Bills, and make it impossible to transport.

There is a good possibility that these Bills would be modified and/or new Bills submitted to make things worse. In Montana it got so bad that 90% left the program.

We have a couple of weeks or so to prepare. Not participating is not optional. Waiting for the possibility of legalization is also not an option. Tens of thousands of people could be in jail by next Nov. Focus on defending the Act, while at the same time signing people up for the fight including the drive for legalization. Save yourselves and save the sick. Write, call and visit your Reps. Or just prepare to give up your medicine. Your fate is in your hands.

-------------------------------------
Michigan Medical Marijuana Association Statistics:
Registered Users: 25240
Total Posts: 325631
Busiest Time: 188 users were online on Nov 08 2011 12:51 PM

Handy Links

what are hotties??? did i delete them?? and thanks a bunch! mike

Thanks for the info Sorry I'm not in Mich. Good luck

"veiw Links" is a live off site and not allow

Just started reading, but this seems highly improbable:

that would mean if a patient had dropped you and had not informed you, you would be in violation of the Public Health Code,

I understand a patient can change caregivers anytime, for a $10 fee, but the way it's set up, this would mean the patient would end up waiting 4 months (give/take) for any product...can't grow for the patient until they're the patient. And since can't have only so much on hand, I'm not going to hand off any spare I have when it's for other patients already. Most changes of caregivers (that I've seen at least) is done when re-applying, which means I'd know since I have to fill out the paperwork as well.

This would be the result of your information being shared with police departments across the state.

And this part is plain false...unless the MMP people break the law. Sharing our info without our consent is against the law...even to law enforcement. Now, if you've allowed the info shared, have been stopped and had to produce the card etc, that's different. But sharing of info otherwise isn't allowed, as I read the law.

I'm going to look into hb 4850, but a lot of this sure looks doubtful, at best....

(e) A registered primary caregiver may receive compensation

for costs associated with assisting a registered qualifying patient

in the medical use of marihuana. TO WHOM HE OR SHE IS CONNECTED

THROUGH THE DEPARTMENT'S REGISTRATION PROCESS. Any such

compensation shall not constitute the sale of controlled

substances.

And

(l) A HOLDER OF A REGISTRY IDENTIFICATION CARD IS INELIGIBLE TO

ASSERT A DEFENSE OTHERWISE AVAILABLE UNDER THIS ACT IN A

PROSECUTION UNDER THIS OR ANY OTHER LAW AND THE DEPARTMENT SHALL

PERMANENTLY REVOKE THE REGISTRY IDENTIFICATION CARD IF THE

INDIVIDUAL DOES ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:

(1) TRANSFERS MARIHUANA, IF THE TRANSFEROR IS NOT THE PRIMARY

CAREGIVER FOR THE TRANSFEREE AS DESIGNATED IN THE APPLICATION FOR

THE REGISTRY IDENTIFICATION CARD.

(2) ACQUIRES MARIHUANA FROM A TRANSFEROR WHO IS NOT THE

INDIVIDUAL'S PRIMARY CAREGIVER AS DESIGNATED IN THE APPLICATION FOR

THE REGISTRY IDENTIFICATION CARD.

Are, so far, the only changes I've seen...and nothing that scares me so far! Still digging...

That's it...all I found anyway. If there's more, please share it.

If I'm reading this correctly, this tightens the distribution so dispensaries can be forced out easier. They're trying to stop sales of overages to anyone but a patient. As I'm seeing it from my little section of MI, some counties don't agree with our AG and decided not to enforce closures...Bill's still pushing around his might.

possibly your family brutalized and family pets killed.

what ever happened to that family that got their door kicked in and the dog shot??? yall remember?? im going to look that up.... this is all crazy

I kind of remember something along that line, but it happens more than one would like to think!!

:ciao: ToA, how goes it??

Another one of these Bills would make it illegal to grow in almost every township and city in the state. Compound that with local zoning, and it would be impossible to grow. If you violated this law you would be guilty under the public health code and could be looking at 7 years in prison and a half million dollars in fines. You would of course lose your card also. This Bill would apply equally to patients and caregivers. So growing patients would not be allowed to cultivate for themselves. Patients could have to drive for hours to find medicine.

What bill is this, share the info please!

The outcome of an already jaded politician pushing his might about. Harder and harder to fight it when the perception is tarnished so, nothing will sway his perception but he sure can spread it.

the people vote it in and the politicians make regulations to undermine the peoples vote. some people just do not get what they voted for.

Latest posts

Back