Need Help On Quick Ways To Flush

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turfsire

notthegreatestbuttsurecut
Reaction score
Im Going Away On The Paddys Weekend And Wanted To Chop This Thursday..ive Already Flushed Last Nite And This Morning And Will Flush Tonite And 2mowrrow..shud 3 Or 4 Days Of Flushing Do It..any Advice Be Great?

turfsire said:
Im Going Away On The Paddys Weekend And Wanted To Chop This Thursday..ive Already Flushed Last Nite And This Morning And Will Flush Tonite And 2mowrrow..shud 3 Or 4 Days Of Flushing Do It..any Advice Be Great?
Flushing is optional to you. Personally, I think you're wasting your time doing it. There is no evidence that it does anything favorable.

:confused: "I" have always been under the impression to "flush" two weeks before harvest, to improve taste by removing salt build-up?

I'll tell you this that some people believe that if you use nutes, that you want to flush two weeks before you harvest,to flush out all the nutes out of the soil,and so your plant will use up the nutes that it has in it.Then the last two weeks you just normal watering cycle.If you decied to flush it calls for 3 gallons of water for every gallon of soil.So a 3 gallon pot,you will flush it with 9 gallons of water.Its a little messy to do so think it out totally before you do it,so you do get to big of a mess.
IMHO "I" flush cause i have had MJ thats been flushed and MJ that hasnt been flushed and to ME,unflushed or nutes that are not stopped for two weeks(about) are harsher smoke,then if you flush or no nutes before you harvest.Plus i dont like to smoke chemicals.But like Stoney said there is'nt really any evedience to what i just said,but it will come down to you.Hope this helped?Good luck on your grow and party safe next weekend:farm:

I was very surprised with my little experiment I did. I just had my first harvest a few weeks ago and I did not notice one difference at all with the smoothness of the smoke between a 2 week flush and no flush. I did notice a huge difference with smoothness and amount of drying/curing time. Everyday now that I'm curing it gets smoother and smoother and more and more aromatic. The flush was a waste of time I concluded...

I don't even know why I'm adding this because it serves no purpose and I'm not a plant expert or anything but if you raise a plant on nutes (any plant) and the plant uses those nutes to make its plant cells, then the nutes are part of those plant cells right? So even if you do flush all the nutes out of the soil, how can it be possible to flush any of the nutes out of the plant if they are already contained in the plant cells? Wow I confused myself, I'm so high. Well, I was just contributing my train of thought at the moment so ignore this if it makes no sense. Have fun everyone, ha ha.

I figured my comment would get some replies. Hehe.:D

With stuff that hasn't been confirmed with a blind study, I look at it as everyone's choice and everyone is correct.

I do wish that some botany student in some famous school would do a double blind study on it and get it down once and for all. I would be very interested in the results.

I've heard about 50 variations on the reasons for flushing ranging from impossible to interesting.:p

Well IMO, if a plant is grown the way Nature intended, there is no need to flush. Sounds like some stoner was sitting around thinking up ways to mess with his plant and this was invented. Flushing the soil once a month is natural (i.e. heavy rains will flush the soil of a plant outdoors) and I'm sure will help keep the plant healthy. Flushing for harvest doesn't seem very natural to me.

well she is chopped now no one to blame if taste like ****..she got flushed twice anyways

Latest posts

Back