Need Help Please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joegrow22

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I am an ameteur grower, and i have grown maybe about 6 or 7 batches in my time. I have been using advanced nutrients 3 part grow micro and bloom. Well, almost every single one of my batches with the exception of 2 of the plants, have turned out to be really wierd smelling. They look great, the plant is really healhty, they are really chrystaly and everything. I just don't understand why they are smelling so bad. First off, i have a couple of question. One, i am using the advanced nutrients feeding chart. When feeding the plants, in veg growth, i use micro and grow. and During flowering, i use micro and bloom. But, on the feeding chart, it says that you are supposed to use both gro and bloom both in veg and in flowering just in different quantititues. So it is saying you always use all 3. Could that have been having an effect on the bad smell and taste i am getting? Because when i cure my bud, i do everything according to the books. I hang them until they dry on the outside and when i can crack the stem. Then i put them in jars and air them out daily for 15 minutes for a couple of weeks etc. I have good humididity, my ph is great ( i am using hydro and i amonitor it closely). So could you please tell me whether or nto your supposed to use all three all the time or not, because ir eally want to figure out this problem. IT has been pissing me off and I want bud that smells and tastes good. It also tastes bad. It looks great, it just doesn't taste or smell good. PLEASE HELP ME!

And the second question is. WHen you germinate a seed, and put it in the hydro bucket i am using, are you supposed to use the amount of nutrients it says on the charts for seedling/cutting? ON the bottle, it says that you are supposed to use 1 ml/L, but my seedlings often get a little yellow on the egdes. Am i using too much or are u supposed to use 1/2 of what they say or use 1/4 of what they say or what? Coudl someone give me their feeding schedule if they are using advanced nutrients 3-part system.

I really need some help. please! I want some chronic that both smells amazing and tastes amazing. I just germinated some strawberry cough, and i don' want to be let down again!

I use AN 2 part sensi and do not have a problem. Do you use final phase? Also you may want to dump the 3 part and just spend the extra coin on the 2 part. It is much easier to use and the costs out weigh the time of mixing 3 parts. Maybe it is the strain you are using.

What strain are you growing? To me it sounds like your doing everything right so my only explanation maybe would be to change genetics or strain or both! Just my opinion hope that helps a little!

Phatpharmer:hubba:

I do not think that you using the nutrients incorrectly had anything to do with the smell. I would agree with BuddyLuv and Phatpharmer that it could be the strain. I can think of no other explanation.

Ya, there is no way that it is the straing because i have used a different strain every ttime, from strawberry cough, to bubblegum, to blueberry and white widow. It ends up smelling really wierd, i can't explain the smell, but its wierd. So with the question about the 3 part system, are you supposed to use all 3 in all phases, or just micro and grow in veg and just bloom and micro in flowering? It has been really pissing me off and i don't know what to do? Could that smell be caused by not giving it enough nutrients? No, i don't use final phase.

Do you flush, friend. If you don't run straight water for about a week or two before harvest, you have a batch of chemical enriched buds.

You use the grow nutes in veg and the bloom nutes in flower, then I use AN Final Phase to flush.

amen to the flushing! plus IMO you should ease back on the nutes just a lil...

If you follow AN's feeding schedule it backs off the last 3 weeks.

Ya i know, that is why this problem i am having is so baffling to me. I just simple can't find what the problem would be. The bud looks great, but it smells bad and it tastes funky as well. I follow the Advanced nutrient's feeding schedule exactly what it recommends, and it still comes out the same. Also i had a quick question. When starting the seedlings, is the advanced nutrients schedule appropriate, or are you supposed to use 1/4 of what they recommend for seedlings?

Brother's Grunt or Stoneybud, what do you guys thinks?

If you think it is the nutes, why not simply switch to something else like GH flora series?

Argh, damnit you are not answering my question. My question is: The advanced nutrient schedule recommends that you use all 3 nutrient products, both bloom, micro and grow in both flowering and vegetative phases. But, i have heard from people that you are only supposed to use only micro and grow in veg and only micro and bloom in flowering. From the people that use advanced nutrients, does anyone have any suggestions on which is the best to do? Also

#2 question is:

The advanced nutrient schedule says that you should use 1ml/L of Micro and Bloom with seedling and cuttings. Is that right, or should i use half of that?

Maybe you are retarded? but from what I have just read on their feeding schedule yes, it also looks like if you are following their feeding program you need more then just AN 3-part. I use their sensi 2 part and a bunch of their other stuff and have no complaints.

Latest posts

Back