Need Help With Nute/Fertilizer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xRedkiller03x

Reaction score
Ok so i have been looking around on alot of different sites learning about Nutrients. But i dont know which one to buy, im stuck between General Hydropronics Floranova Grow & Floranova Bloom or Fox Farm Grow Big, Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom.

Which one would you guyz go with? (First Time Grower btw)

Also schedule for nutes can get a bit complicated how much would you guys add to ur water and how many times do you use it?

Also all together how much water do you add to ur plant each time u feed em? Is there a set amount?

i prefer foxfarm but many other people endorse most anything from GH. i water with it every day, and how much each plan gets depends on the plant size. some get a quart, others get a 1/2 gallon or more...

Im a fan of the Fox Farm line as well. When my plants are in veg I only use grow big and big bloom and use full strength ( every other watering) . as my plants get bigger I move on to tiger bloom and cal/mag.. I use these like half strength. I love the FF ocean forest soil too BTW, Be sure to get a PH meter and keep it all between 6.3 and 6.8 Thats what I do. When in Flower it can get complicating all the supplements.. Be carefull and use sparingly.. Plants can burn easy.. Good luck. Hero

I like GH products. The Flora Nova is a one part nutrient and may be easier to use.

I love GH nutes. I use the GH 3 part instead of the floranova 2 part but I am happy with it. If you go with the floranova or the GH 3 part I would suggest picking up the floralicious plus and liquid koolbloom as well.

-SSF-

xRedkiller03x said:
Ok so i have been looking around on alot of different sites learning about Nutrients. But i dont know which one to buy, im stuck between General Hydropronics Floranova Grow & Floranova Bloom or Fox Farm Grow Big, Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom.

Which one would you guyz go with? (First Time Grower btw)

Also schedule for nutes can get a bit complicated how much would you guys add to ur water and how many times do you use it?

Also all together how much water do you add to ur plant each time u feed em? Is there a set amount?

First time grower and your going right to Hydro? Or did I missunderstand?

I have been growing for only a few years now and I'm still Not Ready for that jump! LOL.. I don't really know if it's that hard but it looks and $......I don't know!

JMO--Maybe somewhat Organic soil would be much more simple and less $,, being a First time grower,, So easy and you don't need to buy all that expensive stuff.. Lots of Very good soil recipies here. A basic good soil mix, cheap and works is..... Potting Soil 60%, perlite 20%, composted cow menure 15%, blood meal 5%--may need to cook for a week though! not always, you can add stuff to that later, easy and cheap as you go/learn

I am Cheap! live on a tight budget so spending the large $'s some people do for Nutes and NOT getting any better bud then alot of semi or organic soil growers do! trips me out. lol Good luck!

BudLover#69 said:
First time grower and your going right to Hydro?

I don't think he is necessarily growing hydro, he is aking how much water to add each time you feed which leads me to believe he is growing in soil. I grow in soil and use the GH nutes.

GH and all nutes will come with recomendations for feeding strengths at different stages of growth. Some strains are heavy feeders and some are light feeders. It takes time to learn what a strain likes as far as nutes are concerned so a definitive feeding schedule is tough to give. As far as how much water to use that is going to depend on the size of your plant and the size of the pot. Most people say water until you see runoff (assuming you are growing in soil), but I sometimes find that to be a little too much.

-SSF-

I swear by "Fox Farms" everything.soil and nutrients.without it i can tell the difference and i choose to use the nutrients at extreme levels,or as much as the strain can manage to take.welcome to the cultivation world to by the way.I hope that you find what you looking for in the growing community.good luck,keep to the grind and keep puffing the kind.drd8nk!

I realized that after the fact! lol.. Hey the First sticky in G-indoors is Awsome!! That Subcool dude really knows his stuff! Cool place here,,:D :D

lol yea hydro does seem pretty kool but im not that advanced in growing and it does seem alittle expensive. I will Be using Pro-Mix BX Soil with my Smart Pots :) Soon everything will be here.

xRedkiller03x said:
lol yea hydro does seem pretty kool but im not that advanced in growing and it does seem alittle expensive. I will Be using Pro-Mix BX Soil with my Smart Pots :) Soon everything will be here.

Hey let me know what you think about the Smart Pots, I've been wanting to try them or the crazy looking air pots. Again just too damm cheap! lol Good Luck with your Grow BTW.;)

xRedkiller03x said:

I think that hydro is probably cheaper than soil--water is much cheaper than quality soil and the amendments you need. Part of the reason I grow hydro is that soil would be a pain for me, especially in winter. I live in the kind of place that if any of my neighbors saw me toting in bags of anything, they would be over to help out. I also have no place to dispose of soil in winter--we can have snow on the ground 5 months out of the year. I personally do not think hydro is harder than soil.

Yea i seen sum vids of ppl using Hydro system and it looks pretty awesome but i just dont understand it yet. and yea budlover smart pots seems really kool. i was doin sum reasearch on pots and stumbled on them. then when i was doin research on smart pots i stumbled on air pots. both help the roots very well.

xRedkiller03x said:
Yea i seen sum vids of ppl using Hydro system and it looks pretty awesome but i just dont understand it yet. and yea budlover smart pots seems really kool. i was doin sum reasearch on pots and stumbled on them. then when i was doin research on smart pots i stumbled on air pots. both help the roots very well.

I have not used them yet,, But I am sure that the soil drys out much much faster, Keeping beginers from Over watering and that is without doubt most beginers biggest mistake. I guess the Air pots actually Air prune the roots and this make More Robust root system. I have a friend who grows for the $$ of it, Errr hate that!..But he has an awsome setup. He uses 3gl Air pots, his soil recipe and a water line to each plant on a timer/pump. So he waters them 4 times in 24hrs. Itis a Trip kinda like an 50% soil and 50% hydro, kinda I Guess! He makes lots and lots of Top Grade stuff that way.. I'll have to have him explain it to me better next time I see him.

Latest posts

Back