need help with soil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stickbait

Reaction score
First off I want to that everyone for their help on room this site has been big help. When paint dry's room will be ready for trail run. I have read about super soil and might try to mix some up this summer what I need to know is what kind of soil do you start seeds in and when they get big enough to transplant what do you use.this is my first grow need a lot of help thanks ps I have a 1000 watt in flower room that measures 4x5 and eight bulb t5 in veg room witch is 2.5x5

I use Sunshine Mix #4 and have for 6 grows now. Good stuff.

if you have good seeds, you can get seeding pellets or something specially made for seeds and rooting. most importantly, you want it warm near 80's constantly, and moist but not wet constantly. if you provide these conditions and have viable seeds, then you will have good sprouting. as soon as they sprout they need a good light source, to prevent stretching, and you can transplant to whatever good soil that you get

If you want to make super soil, it has to be done before hand as it needs to "cook".

I use either Rapid Rooters (spongy starting plugs) or soil designated as a seed starter mix. Stay away from anything that has added nutrients or moisture crystals when starting seeds. After germination, I use an organic soil from Home Depot (when growing in soil), but it is not available anywhere but the western US. Many people use Sunshine or Fox Farms soil. Most soil still need some amendments added--things like perlite, peat moss, lime, organic meals, etc.

I find that I get the best germination at about 75-80. The do not need much light while they are germinating and very small as it is easy to burn them and/or let them get too dry with intense light too soon.

Latest posts

Back