need help!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M@DDOX

Reaction score
i have a question for anyone who is willing to answer! i have this "plant" thats started off in a cup w/ holes. Its been growing for about 3 mnths. i figured it was short due to being in a cup and the roots not passing threw the holes into ground! its about 1/2 a foot tall. its budding but im not sure when to harvest! its smells potent all hell, like hydro! ,but this is 1st grow when do i harvest?

thnx, M@DDOX

Good day to you 'M'

Normally, a plant is ready to harvest within 8-10 weeks, depending on what strain you have.
After the 6-7 week, you would have to stop Nuitreint feed, FLUSH the plants with loads of fresh PH'd water, then continue to water with fresh PH'd water for the remaining 2 weeks, or intill the stigmas (little white hairs) turn brown, from the bottom upwards (the plant should of gone through this phase ONCE already)

then you cut them from the base of the main stem, hang them Upside down
in a dark (pitch Black), cool room, and dry from 1 to 2 weeks, depending on how big the plants are.
When the Bud is dry to the touch, then you can package it into airtight containers to CURE.
This process can take from 2 months up to ..........??? It's up to you.

hope this has helped

good luck amigo

The Skinmaster

this plant is growing in the woods i just go and check on it. i dont water or nothing! just let nature take its course. so far it smell better than hydro hard to discribe! but not much budding at all cause its really short! Do u think i should harvest now even tho there isnt much bud? been like over 3mnth growing period, but its in like pure dirt out of ground, so its growing process wuz slow! wut should i do harvest or wait a couple weeks?

if you can wait till about 50-75% of the pistils(hairs) turn reddish brown(shrivled up) then harvest, also the glands(look like little mushrooms in a magnifying glass) should be opaque not clear.

Hi 'M'

Sorry for the last information, but I didn't realize you where an Outdoor Man.
Unfortunately, mother nature doesn't always know best for her children.

It would be nice to grow organic, but sometimes it needs a helping hand.
Did you check the PH of the soil you Planted in?
The soil can be manipulated by the water you feed it.

What you need to do, is go to your nearest Hydro shop, Purchase a PH tester( if you don't have 1 = couple of quid ) and some good Bloom Formula Mix (normally in liquid form 1ltr bottles).

Next draw a litre of water from your tape.
Test with the Ph tester.
You may have to Purchase some PH UP / or PH DOWN depending what the water reading is - this stuff lasts forever (couple of DROPS per litre of
water) - so you can adjust the water to 5.5 - 6.5 Ph.
(NOTE keep a record of measurements so you have an easy reference later)
Then prepare the BLOOM mix as shown on the label, into the PH'd water.

NOTE:

* Do not feed with cold Water straight from the tap
* Water should be left to stand for 24hrs - to let Chlorine / Salts evaporate
* Water should be room temprature
* Water should be PH'd (5.5 - 6-5ph)

Water the plant once a week if you can. This will help it to bud-out. The plant is probably missing some vital minerals and is probably not recieving the currect water (ph).
Normally, you would have to dig a large hole, fill with a pre-prapared compost / Vermiculite mix, and PH'd to 5.5 - 6.5.
This is what is known as a BED.
This gives the plants a good foundation to start in.

I know this from a few Outdoor projects that I've dabbled in.

Outdoor plants generally take from 5 - 7 months to Mature.
Since I'm mainly an indoor man these days, and I don't know which strain you have,so I'm not a 100% sure on the timing.
you'll have to consult other people about this, or have a look on the Web

Hope what I said helps anyway man

Good luck

The Skinmaster

M@DDOX said:
this plant is growing in the woods i just go and check on it. i dont water or nothing! just let nature take its course. so far it smell better than hydro hard to discribe! but not much budding at all cause its really short! Do u think i should harvest now even tho there isnt much bud? been like over 3mnth growing period, but its in like pure dirt out of ground, so its growing process wuz slow! wut should i do harvest or wait a couple weeks?
Hey, how are you? Good to meet you man.

You haven't given us enough information to go on. When that happens, everyone starts guessing what's wrong with your plant on the assumption that they understand what you're doing.

This is a standard question list that you can use to help all of us, help you.

What type of grow do you have?

Dirt?
What mixture of dirt or type of dirt did you use?
Is it a type that has added nutrients like "Miracle Grow"?
What mixture of perlite, vermiculite and other additives have you used if any?

Hydroponic?
What type of Hydroponic system do you use?
Ebb and Flow
NFT
Bubbler/Deep Water
What type of media do you use?
Gravel
Hydroton
Rockwool slab

What type of lights do you use?
Fluorescent
compact
2 ft, 4ft, 8ft bulbs
Halide, HPS,
Wattage?
Ballast, is it digital or analog?
Is it remote or in your grow area?

What nutrients are you feeding your plants?
Hydroponic? What brand? What mix? What strength?
Soil ferts?
What brand? What strength? What mix?

Do you use ventilation for your indoor grow?
If so, what do you use?

Do you use LST? HST?

Once you've given us something exact to work with, we're more likely to be able to help you.

Good luck to you man.

Latest posts

Back