need help...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jameyamanda

Reaction score
will a small tank with water and miracle grow and some bubbles work??? just trying new things already have lights and some in dirt just thinking of new ways to go hydro thanks:bong:

jameyamanda said:
will a small tank with water and miracle grow and some bubbles work??? just trying new things already have lights and some in dirt just thinking of new ways to go hydro thanks:bong:
No, that won't work. Your pump would become clogged with dirt. The only hybrid Hydro/Dirt that I know of is a drip system. Even with those, the dirt becomes a clogging factor with the pump.

Hydroponic is the absence of dirt.

The dirt would get waaaay too wet also... dirt retains sooo much water... a all perlite grow medium will work... still gotta watch the pump... just a matter of having some pantyhose over the return drain to ur rez.

Wait... a DWC would work imho... that uses an air pump blowing through water... ur airstones might get a lil clogged up but get the kind u can poke new holes into.

i have no dirt just water and perilite in a small aquarium, only roots are in the water and perilite the tank does have a drain hole at the bottom andcould be easly drained. the sproutings was living for a couple of days till my friend knocked it over and kinda ruined it but still intrested in some easy ideas to get things started. maybe someone knows a cool site to check out for some ideas or u guys may help me figure out something. its 4:20 and happy

You mean MG ferts not dirt, right? I think it COULD work but you'd have to be careful with the ferts, give the seedlings a very dilluted version. I'm not sure with this one though, you should just go and get hydro ferts to be careful. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back