need help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sticky_Budz

puff puff pass
Reaction score
one of my friends gave me some bulbs for my grow. but there is only one problem. i dont know what kind of bulb this is or how many watts or lumens it puts out. it dosent say on the bulb the only things it does is (lights of america 4u/65k(9166B). so any help i can get here would be great. i put some pics of it too thanx

light 001.jpg

light 002.jpg

light 003.jpg

What you have there is a flourescent light that puts off probably between 2 and 3 thousand lummens also it is not a grow light so it is not going to be putting off the correct light spectrum, growing under that light will probably probuce spindley plants with low yield. If your serious then spend the money and get either a MH or a HPS. I have 400 watt HPS and it puts out about 55,000 lumens, the difference one of these lights can make for your plants is simply amazing

hey just wanted to say thanx for the info bubby im gonna check that link out right now thanx bro.
aslo thanx to u too bingerzz. so what u are telling me that these bulbs are no good for growing? well i will take the info in to mind but i think for now i might have to use them til this friday thanx again. peace

i dont agree with that that is a 85 watt or 100watt fluorex bulb and it put dowm betweet 8000 to 10500 lues and it very good for growing

hey thanx brouli. i was waiting for your reply lol any ways i do know one thing that these bulbs dont fit a regular light socket im gonna have to go get some adapters for them. i have three of them and if there great for growing im gonna use them thanx again

sticky...I believe, that bulb requires a ballast. It doesn't fit a regular socket for a good reason...;)

It is actually a bulb for outside, like a over your garage, like a mercury vapor.

those are mogul base bolbs they come in (flood light which has ballast ) go to homedepot then in to electrician section and look for blue box wth" flood light fluorex " thats the name i belive they are really cheap , if they sell just the base (like in my are you can get them between 20-30 bucks, but you best bet is just go and read the box they have chart with lumesa , eficiensy etc.

http://www.yinyanghome.com/Products/LOA/9266c.html

10.jpg

15.jpg

Latest posts

Back