Need ID: Bug Eggs? What is this!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoccerOG

Reaction score
Whatsup guys/gals,

So long story short, working on the first grow ever and am nearing harvest..about 2 or so weeks away...and have noticed these little things on a select few of the bud leaves. In the picture they are the orange/white/black spots that sort of look like grains of sand on the leaf in the middle.

Anyone know what these are? They are really only on one or two of the buds and they have already been removed from the plant.

Any and all help is super sweet, and glad to be a part of the forum!

View attachment IMG_3792.JPG

No clue. That could be most anything from bug feces to small bits of organic matter that got blown there from a fan, or even something that came off you when you reached across the plant some time before. I would look at it under a magnifying lens and see if it moves or not. Iff not don't worry too much but keep an eye out for more appearances.

I new a guy that had white stuff to appear on his one day. It looked like snow on the tops off the plants and he couldn't figure out what it was until he changed out his intake ffilter and ffound that a deodorizer had dried up and was flaking away in the breeze.

I remember one post where a person said their buds kept getting all this debris on it. He didn't know what it was but he kept wiping it all off, very carefully, every day.

When it finally all came out in the end and he posted some pictures, we discovered the "debris" was the resin trichomes and he was wiping them off as they appeared because he thought they were bad. ROTFLMAO

That was some pretty funny stuff.

Yeah, you'll need a closer shot to see what those specs are. 60x LED loop on Amazon or eBay for under $5

I remember one post where a person said their buds kept getting all this debris on it. He didn't know what it was but he kept wiping it all off, very carefully, every day.

When it finally all came out in the end and he posted some pictures, we discovered the "debris" was the resin trichomes and he was wiping them off as they appeared because he thought they were bad. ROTFLMAO

That was some pretty funny stuff.

Yeah, you'll need a closer shot to see what those specs are. 60x LED loop on Amazon or eBay for under $5

I have been putting off getting the jewelers loop for a while, thought they might be expensive haha. It sounds like ill get some awesome help if I can snag a better pic though. Back to amazon I go haha.

Thanks!

I paid just over $6.00 for each of mine.

One of the cheapest things in the room :aok:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/30X22mm-60X12mm-Foldable-Illuminated-Magnifying/dp/B00AKVF2CK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1424717920&sr=8-2&keywords=60x+loupe[/ame]

^^ $6.43 with free shipping. Can't beat it :D

Shoot, i just love id'ing bugs... Get a better shot...

So that's what gets your rocks off eh rose?

I'm gonna guess bug ****. I have no idea.
Hacker man can you post the thread were the guy wiped tri homes off lol

Hackerman, i thought i was bad having four of the loupes. Still can't find one when i need it.
Ok, here comes a story.. I lived on a farm and my mom and i had a bug collection when i was 5. I loved it. Then when i went to Master gardeners I met an entomologist and i followed him around and looked at cool and icky bugs under microscopes.. The worst thing i ever saw was scabies...ICK!!! and bug larva...oh i hate the larva... Ok, end of story.

Latest posts

Back