need input from serious hydro growers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
seriously?

dude, you lost me when you said the runoff of the hydro solution in the individual trays. am i right believing theres one rez? does 1 pump feed all, or 1 each?

testing your soil ph tester in buffer solution? thats a joke right?

throw up some pics so we can help you out here. it'll give us something more to go on if we can visualize the set up...bb...

wedginfool said:
hi smokey,
not even close my system is a home made multiflo system but instead of individual buckets for every plant i use a rubbermaid tray a big one I can put 6 individual plants in individual containers in each one.
my main problem is that I have too widely varying ph levels even within the same strain......like i said they are not all from the same mother even if they are within the same strain and i beleive this is causing me my main problem.......I think that if i was growing all the same ty-pe of plant from the same mothjer i would have a much more average ph level between the plants.........all this stuff aside

TO SCOGG you must screen off your plants and train them where you want them, right?

since there scrogged how would you lift them up to check the runoff???........what kind of tester would you use???

and the ec or ppm isn't a factor here I never mentioned it and it has little to do with my ph problem

I'm just curious as to why your are interested in testing the runoff of individual plants? You set the pH of the water t he plants take it, what they spit back out doesn't matter... Once its all collected then make sure that its back where its suppose to be. Am I missing something?

NewbieG said:
I'm just curious as to why your are interested in testing the runoff of individual plants? You set the pH of the water t he plants take it, what they spit back out doesn't matter... Once its all collected then make sure that its back where its suppose to be. Am I missing something?

Thats not true at all. If you want really good stuff you test you water run off, media, and water of the res. All do have different ph's and do equire flushing. Say you are doing hydro. You test your media and res before flushing. Once you have the results you flush the madia with what ever ph and ec water you need. Then change the res water with the same ph and ec water :)

SmokeyTheBear said:
Thats not true at all. If you want really good stuff you test you water run off, media, and water of the res. All do have different ph's and do equire flushing. Say you are doing hydro. You test your media and res before flushing. Once you have the results you flush the madia with what ever ph and ec water you need. Then change the res water with the same ph and ec water :)

I understand testing water of the res and setting your media to the correct pH before hand but i feel like you test overall run off when you test the res. pH. Is this a thing lots of hydro grower do?

thanks guys for the info i beleive what i should do in my case is to vary the ph back and forth from the high side of 5.8 to the low side.............and you can tell when the ph is shifting in the media because it also shifts in the rez, however it is not the same as what the actual runnoff would be if you were to test them individually...........but you can tell what direction it's going and adjust it accordingly

NewbieG said:
I understand testing water of the res and setting your media to the correct pH before hand but i feel like you test overall run off when you test the res. pH. Is this a thing lots of hydro grower do?

No not a lot of hydro growers do it that way, but testing everything is the proper way to grow :) and in doing this you will get the best buds you can get :D

Latest posts

Back