Need Light bulb recommendation.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mutt

Just a Dawg
Reaction score
I am shopping for an HPS 250W bulb. It is only gonna be used for flowering (about 4 sq.ft.). I was shopping around and found a
Sylvania Lumalux 250W BT28
Approx. Lumens (mean - horizontal):

Color Rendering Index (CRI):
22Color Temperature/CCT (K):
Abbrev. With Packaging Info.:LU250D 10/CS 1/SKU
but the price is 92 bucks.

Anyone know of a great bulb with a better price?

you can get a 250 watt hps bulb for $20 bucks on ebay. 28,500 lumens.

Yeah, I see those cheapies all over, but is the better bulb worth it for flower. Or is the difference so small its not worth it? I always used the cheapies that came with the lamp, just didn't know if the extra bucks is worth it.

I wont spend any more than that on bulbs as long as they give me the service they have been. I use the 400w hps and my grows produce very well IMO. I've never used expensive bulbs yet, these are doing so well. I think the next time I order, i'll get a case of em.

Maybe someone else knows more about the differences between cheap and expensive, other than price.

you settled it dude, Its waste of money, I'll stick to my 12 buck place I ussually get em from. Thanks Weeddog. Just I hear of everyone swearing by hortilux and all those 30 buck plus bulbs. Why spend the extra bucks then huh. Thanks again guys.

Its also handy if you have an "in" with an electrician. The local electrical supply house is loaded with all sorts of set'up goodies.

I gave near$200 for a 1k hortilux "super" bulb. I've been disappointed with the results. It was a good salesman, I tell ya'.

Homedepot sells 250watt HPS bulbs for cheap. 28k Lumens

Thanks guys for all the responses. I ordered my extra from bulbs.com the other day.

I was debating getting a high-end bulb. but after all the responses to hell with spending the extra money.
Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back