Need lighting advice..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thorn

Micro Queen
Reaction score
Ok my 2 ladies are in week 4 of flowering but I only have 2 20W CFLS on them, is it worth me now at this stage spending a little more on either a 70W or 150W HPS lamp? I am on a budget, but my plants aren't huge so any advice on lumens would be great cos i can't make end nor tail of it!

I found these..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=140161323320&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=004

and this..would I be able to use the bulb in my E27 lamps or would I have to have a ballast? Cos if I can just plug em in then I can just replace my CFLs..

http://www.lightbulbs-direct.com/variant_detail.asp?var=3944

Is it worth me doing this now? Please help!

Thanks.

I don't believe any of those bulbs will work for ya. I would just get some more cfl's. Go to wallly world and get a couple of the clamp light fixtures and a couple of the y- adapter sockets and a couple packs of the ge 26w cfl's. I think it would be more bang for your buck at this point.

That e-bay light would work for you though, seems a good price also.

Cheers dude,

Only trouble with that one os that it may time while to arrive..

Would I be right in thinking these would be ok to use without buying a ballast:

http://www.lightbulbs-direct.com/variant_detail.asp?var=3802

As I could get 2 and replace the CFLs adding up to 140W.. surely they could be of use?

Whats Wally world and where would I find it? I am in the UK btw.

You would need a ballast to run that bulb. Thats what it means where it says external ignitor. Wally world= Wal-mart. not sure if they have one near you. I was trying to find a link to the fixtures i have but cannot seem to find one. I use the work clamp light fixtures, they basically are a reflector with a light socket and a clamp attached. I run a y-adapter to put two bulbs in each fixture.

Thanks again, if u could find a link, or jus a pic of your that'd be great.. trouble is at the mo I have no transport and little time. I have sent an email to the ebay one's seller askin how long it'll take to arrive, and i'll prob go for that.

At least I'll know all of this for the next grow. Maybe i'll do a greenhouse one next time to avoid these problems.. :)

I will try and get a pic up of my little grow in a minute, and i cannot find a link to one, sorry. But about that ebay light, the price is pretty good on it for what it is, and if they can, i would pay a lil extra for faster shipping. I think that light would be a great start.

hope you like it.:D

100_2058.jpg

100_2059.jpg

100_2060.jpg

100_2061.jpg

Nice one, looks like a pretty good set up. Thanks for all your help, i'll let u know how i get on and what i get.

Keep it chilled :smoke1:

might be better to go with a hps setup, for flowering,you can get a cheap one for around $100 its worth the money.

not sure on that i have a 400w one, and its 55,000 lumens just a guess that 150w would be around 25,000 lumens? or around there. Should be better that the flouro's..

anyone else have any advice on this....

Latest posts

Back