Need little help getting started?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nugget123

Reaction score
Hey all i going to be planting 2-3 seeds after i germenate them. I will be starting them out it 3 diffrent pots, and have found great spots for them. I've read up on everything but the question i need to know is what are things to keep bugs, deer away from them and what do i do once they get about 3ft and noticable.I have a friend that has gave me a plant thats 4 weaks old thats a female, and i need any advice on maintaining it as well as my younglings so they all can have a safe and healthy grow. Also any tips on rainy days to help plant from drowning? And do your plants have to be in direct sunlight? And any advice what i could top them with or any chemicals to keep away animals!!!!

Any reply's would be great on getting me started....

Nugget123 said:
Hey all i going to be planting 2-3 seeds after i germenate them. I will be starting them out it 3 diffrent pots, and have found great spots for them. I've read up on everything but the question i need to know is what are things to keep bugs, deer away from them and what do i do once they get about 3ft and noticable.I have a friend that has gave me a plant thats 4 weaks old thats a female, and i need any advice on maintaining it as well as my younglings so they all can have a safe and healthy grow. Also any tips on rainy days to help plant from drowning? And do your plants have to be in direct sunlight? And any advice what i could top them with or any chemicals to keep away animals!!!!

Any reply's would be great on getting me started....

Wherre to begin...the only sure fire way of fending off 4 legged critters is a fence. If you've read up on OD growing as you ay, you've probably found most of the methods used for deterring them. Smelly girly soaps, human and/or dog feces, human hair, moth balls, commercial products like predator urine, deer away, snake away. All will work to some degree.
There are several training methods used by different folks to aid in "stealth" as they get big. They're all covered here in the forums. Topping is not your only option, but they can be 'topped' with about anything from a sharp sterile razor blade to pinching it off with your fingers.
MJ loves the direct sunlight. It will grow in ambient sunlight, but not to full potential. At least a few hours(4-6) of direct sunshine is much preffered.
I think ganja has posted an organic pepper spray concoction that seems to help deter some bugs, to some extent.

Any ideas what i can top my plant with so it doesnt look so suspicious, and ideas for maximum growth?

Latest posts

Back