need simple advice & opinion + SCHULTZ 10-15-10 qeustions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mal2

Reaction score
grow details/notes:
-outdoor porch (decent sunlight)
-germinated
-planted in wool cube
-planted in pot with fox farm fish soil

grower details/notes:

/*growing weed for fun,
-plant is growing decently but possibly a little slow
-yellowing a little pit at the top so based of my basic knowledge of plant biology i figured the plant is lacking nutrients*/

MY QUESTIONS

-i want to put some plant feeder i have some spare SCHULTZ 10-15-10 laying around and i was wondering if i should put a tiny bit in ?

-is this too small for about 3 weeks ? (pic attached)

View attachment DSCN0343.jpg

I would not use schultz. If your going to grow for fun you need to get nutrients that are made for cannabis. You did well with FFOF now get some good nutes. BUT... vegging plants need 24 hour light. You will need to invest in some lighting and not count on the porch for enough. This plant is a high energy plant that has specific needs. Use the fertilizer at 1/4 strength for now if in ffof.

Keep trying to post the picture.

I would not use schultz. If your going to grow for fun you need to get nutrients that are made for cannabis. You did well with FFOF now get some good nutes. BUT... vegging plants need 24 hour light. You will need to invest in some lighting and not count on the porch for enough. This plant is a high energy plant that has specific needs. Use the fertilizer at 1/4 strength for now if in ffof.
Keep trying to post the picture.

thank you for your input. very helpful!

im confused about your suggestion for 24hr light though, i just cant picture any setting/scenario where an outdoor plant would NATURALLY get 24hrs of sunlight.. but i assumed you are just suggesting this because you want the plant to get the most out of the vegging stage and grow big.

which is not that big of deal to me in this project, im simply growing just to raise a little plant : ) so i dont really care how big it is just that it survives.

I can tell your going to be a great gardener. You just asked the same question i did. Like I said cannabis is different then say marigolds or peas. It will grow 24 hours a day if given light. It is a high energy plant and it wants to get on with business of reproducing. It doesn't need a dark period until we are done vegging and ready to "flip" to flower. Then we go 12/12 light and dark. The dark period needs to be completely dark..

Do some reading, there are lots of great resources here, you don't have to just believe me. ha

My favorite veg light is a T5. Not super expensive, quiet, and the plants love it for vegging.

Not everyone wants big plants, smaller works better under LED, for instance. Some people veg a very short time.

I can tell your going to be a great gardener. You just asked the same question i did. Like I said cannabis is different then say marigolds or peas. It will grow 24 hours a day if given light. It is a high energy plant and it wants to get on with business of reproducing. It doesn't need a dark period until we are done vegging and ready to "flip" to flower. Then we go 12/12 light and dark. The dark period needs to be completely dark..

Do some reading, there are lots of great resources here, you don't have to just believe me. ha

My favorite veg light is a T5. Not super expensive, quiet, and the plants love it for vegging.

Not everyone wants big plants, smaller works better under LED, for instance. Some people veg a very short time.

thanks, yeah in high school i studied a few chapters of a marijuana grow book. and also some of the textbooks on plant biology, but it helps to talk to someone about it also.

also i was not really interested in getting into this whole project too much but now you've got me considering buying a light haha i'm thinking i might as well try harder than stick in out on the porch especially since where i live it gets foggy in the morning and sometimes cloudy during the whole day. i originally really planned on giving this project minimal effort because of the changing unreliable climate of where i live ( SF CA. ) , and price of electricity . so i started it with little hope in the first place... but maybe this extra light might be a solution and game changer. the only question now is it worth investing on a possible male plant

anyways, thanks for the info support and encouragement! youve def answered my question

Big NO to the Schultz! It is really a low tier nute. Jacks Classic is much, much better, with quality ingredients and still low in cost.

Listen to ROSE!

DD

Big NO to the Schultz! It is really a low tier nute. Jacks Classic is much, much better, with quality ingredients and still low in cost.

Listen to ROSE!

DD

thanks, what nutrient n-p-k rating should i use ? can you suggest some other nutrient brands besides jacks classics so i cant get more of a variety/ selection.

i did some research and it seems like jacks classics is reliable but id like to know about some others that could possibly be better.

Do you want to stick with organic? If so, I like to top dress about week 4 with worm castings. Then there are lots of nutrient line up... I don't like when they sell 15 things to grow with. I use earth juice. I used to use Roots organics.. Teas are nice.. you can make this as easy or as hard as you want... I am glad to hear about jacks classics. I haven't before.

thanks, what nutrient n-p-k rating should i use ? can you suggest some other nutrient brands besides jacks classics so i cant get more of a variety/ selection.

i did some research and it seems like jacks classics is reliable but id like to know about some others that could possibly be better.

More expensive perhaps, but not better. That is, for chemical nutes. Get the "Dynamic-Duo", of 20-20-20, and the Bloom Booster 10-30-20.

Espoma for organic nutes. Any of the 'tones' work fine.

I make my own soil mix, but still use both Jacks and Espoma.

DD

More expensive perhaps, but not better. That is, for chemical nutes. Get the "Dynamic-Duo", of 20-20-20, and the Bloom Booster 10-30-20.

Espoma for organic nutes. Any of the 'tones' work fine.

I make my own soil mix, but still use both Jacks and Espoma.

DD

thank you for you input i have bought some jacks all purpose 20-20-20 .
when the time comes i will choose blooming nutrients.

I personally would not be using something that is 20-20-20. Check out some nuted formulated for cannabis. Their n-p-k are quite different. Also, Jacks is not organic.

Your baby is beautiful. It likes the ffof. I am like minded to THG ... They need high N in veg, high p in flower and K in flower.

I personally would not be using something that is 20-20-20. Check out some nuted formulated for cannabis. Their n-p-k are quite different. Also, Jacks is not organic.

ive already bought the fertilizer and its delivering today! haha , do you really think its that bad ? i do not mind feeding it non organics.

I wouldn't say that it is bad, but that it is far from ideal. Cannabis is not like flowers or even tomatoes. It is a high energy plant and has specific wants and demands. If you check out the N-P-K of vegetative nutes formulated for cannabis, you will find that most of them are higher in N and lower in P, as this is what cannabis likes best. Conversely during flowering you want something that is lower in N (too much N can inhibit flowering) and higher in P.

I wouldn't say that it is bad, but that it is far from ideal. Cannabis is not like flowers or even tomatoes. It is a high energy plant and has specific wants and demands. If you check out the N-P-K of vegetative nutes formulated for cannabis, you will find that most of them are higher in N and lower in P, as this is what cannabis likes best. Conversely during flowering you want something that is lower in N (too much N can inhibit flowering) and higher in P.

Well god damn , i've already bought it and used a little less than 1/2 a teaspoon so far. Thanks for the advice hemp goddess but **** it, ill just use different nutrients on my next grow even though i know its not too late. This grow was more like a test anyways. But i do wish you or someone else had told me that before that unhelpful "droopydog" told me to use jacks.

thanks again.

I am sorry I didn't have time to look it up when you posted that at first. I have never heard of that nute...I am glad you only used a half a teaspoon. I don't know if you have had time to read the rules, but there is no swearing on this site, as much as some of us would like to do, it is not allowed.

If droopy dog has used them then they must be ok nutes. So lets not get excited till we see how they do... We are on your side, we want your grow to rock.

I am sorry I didn't have time to look it up when you posted that at first. I have never heard of that nute...I am glad you only used a half a teaspoon. I don't know if you have had time to read the rules, but there is no swearing on this site, as much as some of us would like to do, it is not allowed.

If droopy dog has used them then they must be ok nutes. So lets not get excited till we see how they do... We are on your side, we want your grow to rock.

okay, sorry for any negativity. yeah hope the grow rocks! thanks all

Latest posts

Back