Need some advice from the best community in cannabis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ganjier

Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Hi yall.

Right now I am running solely my 3x3 tent for veg and flower. I have a 2x2 tent I used for drying that I want to convert into a veg chamber. This will allow me to get a jump start on my upcoming harvests and save me time.
I am wondering what is the lowest wattage/cheapest option for lighting in the 2x2 tent. I will only be running seedlings and vegging plants in solo cups/ possibly 1 gallon fabric pots. i will usually have 5 or more seedlings in there at a time. I do have a 4" ac infinity exhaust and filter already attached to the tent, just no lighting yet. I was thinking cfl's, but maybe there is a cheap led option out there that will allow me to keep my nodes short and plants short and sticky. I do not want stretchy plants.

Thanks for the advice.

A couple of the clamp on work lights..... Using CFLs... those freaky lil spiral bulbs.... Get the highest wattage you can...... and get Daylight spectrum.... 6500 K.... Two or three of those with the reflectors should be all you need...... about 14 watts each so under 50 watts for 3 of the and you are set.
Been a while since I have grown, but that has worked for me well in the past...... for vegging and seedling anyway.

How many watts do I need to cover the 2x2 area for veg only?

Thinking about this route...I know, not a cheaper option, but I really stand by AC Infinity products. To be determined.

Last edited:
This is pretty inexpensive and I like high output T5 lamps for vegging(hell, they even work pretty well in flower though I’d change to 2700 k bulbs for flowering)…

Help me decide on this product: Durolux T5 Grow Light - 2 FT 4 Lamps - DL824 HO Fluorescent Hydroponic Fixture Seeding Colon Veg Growing Daisy Chain with Bulbs https://a.co/d/cLjsHhM

It's also on my radar. The only thing that bothered me is it is not as cost effective as the others in this group. But still considering.

spider.jpg

This is pretty inexpensive and I like high output T5 lamps for vegging(hell, they even work pretty well in flower though I’d change to 2700 k bulbs for flowering)…

Help me decide on this product: Durolux T5 Grow Light - 2 FT 4 Lamps - DL824 HO Fluorescent Hydroponic Fixture Seeding Colon Veg Growing Daisy Chain with Bulbs https://a.co/d/cLjsHhM
Is it a 2x2? Has great lumen output.

Was even thinking of just making my own......
This guy knows his lights.

Thinking about this route...I know, not a cheaper option, but I really stand by AC Infinity products. To be determined.

I have the T22 in one 2x2 and I have ViparSpectra xs1500 with 20 more watts than the AC Infinity in the other 2x2 tent. I actually like the light output around the edges of the tent better with the cheaper lamp. If you watch for sales, the xs1500 was $99 with coupons recently on Amazon. They both seem like very high quality lamps for the price.

I have the T22 in one 2x2 and I have ViparSpectra xs1500 with 20 more watts than the AC Infinity in the other 2x2 tent. I actually like the light output around the edges of the tent better with the cheaper lamp. If you watch for sales, the xs1500 was $99 with coupons recently on Amazon. They both seem like very high quality lamps for the price.
On the vipar.....how cool does it run?

Good video on that light.....seems like a very possible option.

I’ve been very happy with the SF2000
How are the temps on that light? Do you happen to have a Infared temp gun to check for me at full blast? I would like to know how hot the light bar and the "ballast" gets.

How are the temps on that light? Do you happen to have a Infared temp gun to check for me at full blast? I would like to know how hot the light bar and the "ballast" gets.
Sorry I can’t help you there. No fancy equipment to measure that. It does run pretty cool tho. My plants have been right up to it on some grows too with no light burning issues. They seem to love them. It has a dimmer switch on it but I’m at 100% in mid veg. I got my first one about 2 years ago and it’s still putting out excellent grows. I have no complaints. I’m running another newer one in my other tent too. You may be able to find a good deal on it somewhere

Latest posts

Back