need some advice please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pop

Reaction score
hi this is my first time growing and i am just about to enter pre-flowering. my plats are between 8 inches and 12 so i have decided to pre-flower now before they get bigger. now my question is ...

i am using all -mix soil and bio bizz bloom and grow. i use about 4 or 6 drps in with 2 littres of water because i have 12 plants. is this an ok amount of food or am i gonna burn them with the amount? also i wanna use sea kelp to help them any. i was wondering if anyone has any tps or anything i can do to help with this part of pre-flowering. i am about to transplant the into there adult plants in a day or two as well..

i am using a 600 watt sodium bulb with ballaster and a 3 speed oscellating fan and my temperature is always 35 oC and they seem to be doing ok but some are smaller than others and some are just tall plants with hardly no leaves and some are bushy with broad stalks etc which i don't understand why some are smaller and weaker than others. i really hope someone can help me out here.

with bagseed if thats what yer using or cheap seedbank seeds then you probably have an unstable strain which will show several pheno's of the parentage - no problem here and this means you will get tall and short. i dont use organics so i'll let some1 else answer

if you are saying 95F = 35C, then thats way to hot get it down to 75F raise yer bulb - should be at least 2' from plant tops anyway

Astra - while ur talkin about temps... I know hydroed plants live fine in ~88 degree temps.. as long as it isn't any higher... 75 is the ideal? or what is the max temp in your opinion for ground grows.

my plants love the temp there in because i have only been growing them for 4 weeks and they are between 8 and 12 inches and very heathy.

this is the soil i am using.

All-Mix was developed especially to be the best potting soil for organic cultivation. It consists of 20% sphagnum peat moss, 35%garden peat, 10% high quality organic worm manure, 30% perlite and 5% Pre -Mix. Watering is sufficient for plant growth, however, Fish and Alg A Mic may be used during the growth phase as added stimulants. For exuberant blooms and fruits, Bio Bloom, in conjunction with Top Max can also be used.

in the uk we don't get some of the stuff you can buy so i really need to know what is available here. any ideas?

Well by how plants function 35 degress is a little high. If you brought it down to 30-32 which doesn't sound like much... but it would make the plants a lot more happy. It allows them to transpire n whatnot a lot easier.

i have tried everything to bring down the temperature but it doesn't work so i may need to buy a 2nd fan. at nights the temperature does go down to about 30 but it usually stays 32 to 35 during the day. how long is it untill they start to show there sex under 12/12 of light?

first, do you know the strain? some mj tolarate higher temps quite well. but ideal temps are a low of 68F and a max of 82F plus/minus 3. i think the ideal is 74 - 77F constant for the temps at PLANT level not ROOM temp. That 600w HSP burns HOT 2' FROM PLANTS IS GUIDELINE SO RAISE IT 6". place a second fan to blow the heat away from the bulb

my light is screwed into the top of my cupboard so i am not sure how to get a fan up that high to take away the heat. how does other ppl do it any idears of where to place it? my 600 watt light does give off lots of ehat as well.

THE STRAIN? then ya got some ready cash? if not then ya can lower the light with wires. if ya got sum cash you can mount a commercial fan behind the light to blow the air straight out, thus the heat. or you can mount a reflector over the light and vent the heat out thru ducting.

2 white widows and the other 9 is a mix of seeds my m8 brought back from holland. my light is on 2 wires that can lower or higher it but it is all the way to the top . the light is about 3 feet away from plants but i can put it up a little higher i think but then it wont touvh the metal plate i have round the cupboard but that wont matter cuz it is painted white. so putting up the light wont stretch the plants any and it will make the heat not so hot?

people worry to much about stretch; the white widows will not grow more then 3.5 feet total and the same for most indicas. you can tie them over to the side or top them; then they bush out. yer problem is the heat. nothing else right now and if yer in preflower the sex will show within 2 weeks of 12/12.

astra007 said:
people worry to much about stretch; the white widows will not grow more then 3.5 feet total and the same for most indicas. you can tie them over to the side or top them; then they bush out. yer problem is the heat. nothing else right now and if yer in preflower the sex will show within 2 weeks of 12/12.

I'll agree, 80+F is toohigh to be "ideal". If you're switching to 12/12, try running your light at night, that should help compensate. Particularly if you can increase the flow through ventilation. By switching now, the WW shouldn't exceed 3 or 4 feet. They will at least double in heighth and sometimes/strains will triple in heighth during the first 3 weks of 12's.
I have grown WW's that exceeded the 5 foot mark easily, OD with a longer veg period.

i think just to get it under 90f would mean a drastic increase, at least then the plants are able to breathe. I've always grown 85-88 when the light was on... but this is hydro. So they always have water to drink.

oops, sorry hick. forgot to mention that i only veg fer 2 weeks 24/7 and then flip so constant 3.5 max. height

Latest posts

Back